Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNVOX - How To Build Multi Layer Synths & Instruments

Here is a video showing how to multi-layer synths and/or instruments in SUNVOX

You can get SUNVOX here at the App Store for £5.99
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sunvox/id324462544?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Nice video Doug. I think there’s a huge free download of hundreds of instruments for SunVox. I think he Link is at the Devs website.

• @MusicMan4Christ It has such a lush sound

• Bigtime! And the cpu hit is sooo small it never ceases to amaze.

It’s really worth it!

• I've not played around too much with recording longer samples/audio but I know it's possible to let any of the SunVox sampler modules record in sync with the song. Don't know if it automatically creates a pattern with a loooong note that plays the entire recording though.

Nice of @thesoundtestroom to highlight the fact than in order to record stuff in SunVox one doesn't really need to focus on the tracker unless editing is needed and then it can be seen as just an alternative to regular event list but with more control :)

@SevenSystems made a nice video one controlling SunVox using Xequence.
    That combo also a quite neat way to use SunVox as a sound module :)

• edited August 2018

Sunvox + Xequence really work great together. For anyone not getting along with Sunvox's tracker interface, it's really easy to fully control up to 16 Sunvox modules, including controllers, with Xequence (I'll probably write a manual section on it):

• In Sunvox, for each Module you want to control with Xequence, double-tap it and set "MIDI IN" to "always"
    • Select a channel from 1-16
    • In Xequence, add an instrument, point it to Sunvox, and select the same channel.
    • Done.

If you want to control any of that module's parameters via Xequence's realtime controllers or controller editor, just:

• In Xequence, add a controller to that instrument, enable the "keys" button so that it appears on the keyboard screen, then go to the keyboard screen and make the controller ribbon visible
    • In Sunvox, double-tap the parameter you want to control
    • Next to "MIDI IN:", tap the "..." button
    • Go back to Xequence and move the controller ribbon.
    • Done.
  • edited August 2018

Great video Doug, especially the extended Patreon version. Thanks, this should help me to explore this incredible app a bit more.

• One tip on SunVox and using user samples would be to use the Files.app and create a folder inside the SunVox folder and then copy the samples there as it makes it easier to find them from within SunVox.
    (Thankfully Files.app can select multiple files & folders for copy operations).

• @SevenSystems said:
    Sunvox + Xequence really work great together. For anyone not getting along with Sunvox's tracker interface, it's really easy to fully control up to 16 Sunvox modules, including controllers, with Xequence (I'll probably write a manual section on it):

• In Sunvox, for each Module you want to control with Xequence, double-tap it and set "MIDI IN" to "always"
    • Select a channel from 1-16
    • In Xequence, add an instrument, point it to Sunvox, and select the same channel.
    • Done.

If you want to control any of that module's parameters via Xequence's realtime controllers or controller editor, just:

• In Xequence, add a controller to that instrument, enable the "keys" button so that it appears on the keyboard screen, then go to the keyboard screen and make the controller ribbon visible
    • In Sunvox, double-tap the parameter you want to control
    • Next to "MIDI IN:", tap the "..." button
    • Go back to Xequence and move the controller ribbon.
    • Done.

Additionally:

If you hit Record in Sunvox when you hit Play in Xequence, SunVox will record the composition (as midi, including controller changes)

Then Sunvox can render that midi as audio files with these options:

• @Littlewoodg amazing point! Indeed that works. Not sure how long that single pattern can get until Sunvox explodes, but with a 2 minute song at 800 BPM it has worked flawlessly :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg amazing point! Indeed that works. Not sure how long that single pattern can get until Sunvox explodes, but with a 2 minute song at 800 BPM it has worked flawlessly :)

How long was that pattern? 16384($4000) lines?

• @Samu I think the user interface was unable to show the correct length anymore (just showed like 53 or something), but it played back fine :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @MusicMan4Christ It has such a lush sound

Sunvox.....man I think it is time...........

I really never realized how awesome all of his apps actually are.

Great sounds

Quirky

Great

Paired up with Igor's apps these are great combos.

IF THE SEQUENCING APP WOULD JUST START TO FEEL INTUITIVE TO MY USER STYLE.

I am used to Genome and Modstep.

For some reason the new seq app always leaves me tap tap tapping.

I think some practice may be needed post the update and his cool vid with Sunvox

Cool deal Doug.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @MusicMan4Christ It has such a lush sound

Sunvox.....man I think it is time...........

I really never realized how awesome all of his apps actually are.

Great sounds

Quirky

Great

Paired up with Igor's apps these are great combos.

IF THE SEQUENCING APP WOULD JUST START TO FEEL INTUITIVE TO MY USER STYLE.

I am used to Genome and Modstep.

For some reason the new seq app always leaves me tap tap tapping.

I think some practice may be needed post the update and his cool vid with Sunvox

Cool deal Doug.

You can do the same thing in Genome or Modstep, as above in Xequence, assign your custom or in-the-box SunVox modules by midi channel to your clips in G or M, work out cc stuff, (both G and M can automate - or live play in M - CCs) then press record in Sunvox when you are ready to perform your clip launches. Then render to audio the midi that SunVox recorded.

One extra plus when using these midi tools with SV, you can use SunVox Sampler modules to launch and play with extended Audio files, which render, as with the midi, as a separate stem. Which means audio clips can be part of your work, even if your preferred playground doesn’t include them (modstep).

• FYI the dev posted on Facebook that he’s working on a piano roll editor for SunVox. :smiley:

• @obijohn said:
    FYI the dev posted on Facebook that he’s working on a piano roll editor for SunVox. :smiley:

That’ll bring a lot of folks to the party...