Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What does "sampler" mean to you? Types of samplers?

13»

Comments

• This thread has open some doors for me to the software innovations of the last 20 years. Of course, I've heard msuci using these new tools but had no idea where to start to make it.

I think my next App purchase will be Samplr ($10) to investigate
    these play modes for $1.25 each:

1. Slicer
    2. Looper
    3. E-bow
    4. Tape
    5. Scratch
    6. Arpeggiator
    7. Keyboard
    8. Loop Player

NOTE: Not listed in historical order or alphabetic order.
    Order historically (please) for extra credit. Tape has to be #1.
    Before "digital" you would just drool on the Music Store window assuming you thought you could play everything. Now we can all program anything.

OT: I worked with a Guitar Player and the inventor of the E-bow came to our gig and give him a first generation E-bow to use and endorse in the 1970's. I probably just want to start here to check out the software analog of the E-bow hardware.

I also remember tape some recording tape together and playing with loops and speed variations on a Sony Tape deck my dad brought back from Japan .

All these ideas have a point on the history line of modern music.

• Really excellent discussion and exploration folks. Many thanks to all.