Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 2018 NO homebutton NO Notch and NO 3.5mm plug. Leaks from Apple so certain.

edited August 2018 in Other

And screen with rounded corners.
https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/03/ios-12-beta-5-ipad-pro-rounded-corners/

Besides that rumors are that if will feature a A12X processor so they skip the last gen A11 processors. This will mean an enormous power boost compared to the iPad Pro 2017 that features a still an A10X.

Comments

• Do they still come with a Lightning Jack?!

I have to use my face or the code to unlock it?! Right? There is no other way to get access to it??

• No notch is the good thing ;)

• edited August 2018

Apple won’t divulge the intensity or type of infra red used in the face ID so those who check there devices many times throughout the day can look forward to cornea and retinal damage and cataract surgery at much younger ages.....sounds like a win win for everyone
    There’s a lot of unknown health risks here and I’m sure any credible studies will get silenced

• I wonder how you would do the ‘quick refresh trick’ (or whatever it is called) for killing IAA ghosts without the home button. Having to reboot would be annoying,

• @AudioGus said:
    I wonder how you would do the ‘quick refresh trick’ (or whatever it is called) for killing IAA ghosts without the home button. Having to reboot would be annoying,

Guess there will be 'alternate' methods for that just like with the iPhone X...

• edited August 2018

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:
    I wonder how you would do the ‘quick refresh trick’ (or whatever it is called) for killing IAA ghosts without the home button. Having to reboot would be annoying,

How is it done on iPhone X, or what is it even called so I can google it...?

• @greengrocer said:

That's going to be fun for developers to accommodate.

• edited August 2018

Heh, I actually like the bezel on the regular iPad as it keeps my hand off the screen when holding it while walking.

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

How is it done on iPhone X, or what is it even called so I can google it...?

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/side-button-cheat-sheet-for-iphone-x-its-not-just-power-anymore-0180923/

So I guess it's the power off thing and then hold down the side button or something :)

• 1) I want borders around the display
    2) I want a Home button
    3) I want a headphone jack

I don't want to constantly touch the display, when it had no border.

I don't want to use Face Recognition

I want to use headphone whole charging the iPad, with need additional adapters

I hate Apple.

Will probably buy some older iPads and save them at several stages of iOS and selection of Apps.
    There does not seem to be another way.

F... you, Apple!

• @Arpseechord said:
    Apple won’t divulge the intensity or type of infra red used in the face ID so those who check there devices many times throughout the day can look forward to cornea and retinal damage and cataract surgery at much younger ages.....sounds like a win win for everyone
    There’s a lot of unknown health risks here and I’m sure any credible studies will get silenced

Interesting point this "unforeseeable" health problems caused by modern tech. Because some things are already becoming clear that there are problems. Somehow this reminds me of the tobacco lobby that for more than 30 years after they knew about health problems did if they weren't aware. I forsee big lawsuits abut this mobile devices health problems in the future.

• @greengrocer said:

Besides that rumors are that if will feature a A12X processor so they skip the last gen A11 processors. This will mean an enormous power boost compared to the iPad Pro 2017 that features a A11X.

The only thing that matters to me out of all of this is the lack of headphone jack - and there’s nothing in the article you linked that says there’s no headphone jack on the upcoming iPad Pro!

• @AudioGus said:

Just make an angry face :#

• @isotropic said:

@greengrocer said:

Besides that rumors are that if will feature a A12X processor so they skip the last gen A11 processors. This will mean an enormous power boost compared to the iPad Pro 2017 that features still an A10X.

The only thing that matters to me out of all of this is the lack of headphone jack - and there’s nothing in the article you linked that says there’s no headphone jack on the upcoming iPad Pro!

Leaks are from last version of iOS 12 beta 5. Just Google.

• edited August 2018

@greengrocer said:

@Arpseechord said:

Interesting point this "unforeseeable" health problems caused by modern tech. Because some things are already becoming clear that there are problems. Somehow this reminds me of the tobacco lobby that for more than 30 years after they knew about health problems did if they weren't aware. I forsee big lawsuits abut this mobile devices health problems in the future.

If you look at how people are starring down while they walk that must already really bad for the spine. Maybe just evolution:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IRqyNn2xBag/UAnsz1gp5LI/AAAAAAAAABE/JGRek41iJMY/s1600/funny-human-evolution-wallpaper.jpg

• @Cib said:

@AudioGus said:

Just make an angry face :#

Haha, actualy that would be pretty awesome and may help.

• yep, the article says nothing about the headphone jack.

beside that: I have to use my face OR the code to unlock it?! Right? There is no other (convenient) way to get access to it??

• @david_2017 said:
    yep, the article says nothing about the headphone jack.

beside that: I have to use my face OR the code to unlock it?! Right? There is no other (convenient) way to get access to it??

link
    https://www.fonearena.com/blog/259564/apple-ipad-pro-2018-truedepth-sensor-faceid-no-3-5mm-headphone-jack.html

• edited August 2018

No 3.5" plug? ¡Los pinche pendejos a Apple pueden ir a la mierda! :rage: Mr. Jobs is turning in his grave no doubt! I mean, I don't mind not having a home button (pretty useless and easily breakable if you have a heavy touch), and no notch is usually a good thing (unless referring to Minecraft), but as others stated, I want to use an iPad while it charges without a damn interface.

Well, I guess the question for future reference is - are there any lightning interfaces that can withstand having 29w of power shoved through? I don't mean any ol' run-of-the-mill lightning interface but rather one that can handle high power voltage?

• edited August 2018

Oh hey, i just figured out how to use the thumbprint thing, heh

• @AudioGus said:
    I have to use the code 90% of the time to unlock. That thumbprint thing rarely works for me.

And no way am I using my face. :lol:

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh hey, i just figured out how to use the thumbprint thing, heh

This this and this. This drives me crazy. I mean i often get a but damages fingers at work and so it´s pretty useless for me. Less physical buttons is not a good thing for me as well.

• I don´t get that face unlock anyway. If someone hold the phone in front of me it´s enough to open it. Nice.
    Better cut finger than face off :)

• edited August 2018

@greengrocer said:
    :)

LOL, yes. Look at humans sitting together at dinner etc. Most are starring down, lol.
    This and other unhealthy things we do these days i sometimes think our generation right now is the most healthy and next generations will go back to medieval lifespan.

• Time for a new version of that

• @greengrocer said:

@david_2017 said:
    yep, the article says nothing about the headphone jack.

link
    https://www.fonearena.com/blog/259564/apple-ipad-pro-2018-truedepth-sensor-faceid-no-3-5mm-headphone-jack.html

bummer. but what really pisses me, is the super thin bezel. I think you will touch on the screen with the palm all the time!? new type of palm rejection needed ;P

• @tja said:
    1) I want borders around the display
    2) I want a Home button
    3) I want a headphone jack

I don't want to constantly touch the display, when it had no border.

I don't want to use Face Recognition

I want to use headphone whole charging the iPad, with need additional adapters

I hate Apple.

Will probably buy some older iPads and save them at several stages of iOS and selection of Apps.
    There does not seem to be another way.

F... you, Apple!

It was my plan before iOS11 now wrecked... check deep which version matches perfectly your needs since live gigging with an iPad will never be mine anymore.
    iOS 12 could improve it but since I have iPad mini4 and 5s I dare it will be lie. I don’t trust Apple (and Ampify) for live performances.

Standalone hardware and non actualized iDevices are my actual setup.

• As long as they’ve got a latency free Bluetooth up their sleeve that means I don’t have to buy a new set of headphones, I’m not worried about the lack of headphone socket. >:)

• I do feel there will be a price drop on previous Pro models when the new ones drop and that will be a good time to grab one of them as my Air 2 is starting to show it's age...