Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iFretless Bass 4.0 update

From the developer: completely new version, rewritten from the very start.

My quick observations—New interface, no more “slide to open” the settings, nice visual equalizer and gain control and MPE support. Can’t wait to test it out with AI1 and the Seaboard!

Edit: Gone — internal recording and x/y pad. Hmm, going to have to ramp up my MIDIdiot skills.

Comments

• I just noticed it’s an AU Instument now too!

• Sweet! This was a nice surprise today. I hope this is a peek at all the iFretless apps getting updated.

• barefoot
    What is the A|1?

Thanks

• @scadet said:
    barefoot
    What is the A|1?

Thanks

Artiphon Instrument 1

• Don't rush into this update, folks. I can't get it to make a sound, and the UI is pretty bad now, IMO. Ugly fonts and scrolling, scrolling... Must have been changed to make it an AU, not that I can see why— the primary appeal of this app (for me) was the performance aspect, and not as a sound source.

• Yeah, unfortunately the update description didn’t say much about exactly what was new except for the redevelopment, which is why I posted to see what gems ppl would discover. After @ImortalTrashcan posted, I set up a quick AU jam with GarageBand. Works really well on my iPad Pro 2017.

• internal recording is gone?..... sucks if so, I use that bunches.

• barefoot said:

Yeah, unfortunately the update description didn’t say much about exactly what was new except for the redevelopment, which is why I posted to see what gems ppl would discover. After @ImortalTrashcan posted, I set up a quick AU jam with GarageBand. Works really well on my iPad Pro 2017.

I was surprised to see it there. The default preset it loads with wasn’t working right, but switching the sound worked. I did notice it only exposed parameters in full screen, but everything is exposed in the AUM parameters

• @aaronpc said:
    Don't rush into this update, folks. I can't get it to make a sound, and the UI is pretty bad now, IMO. Ugly fonts and scrolling, scrolling... Must have been changed to make it an AU, not that I can see why— the primary appeal of this app (for me) was the performance aspect, and not as a sound source.

Are you talking about the vertical fretboard scrolling or the menu? I noticed the fretboard scrolls when in Settings or Help. Scroll to your desired low end string and close Settings. It should stay locked. I guess that’s to adjust for other instrument sources?? I couldn’t find a mention in Help and thought it was a bug at first when I was trying out the presets (where the hell is the scroll lock? hahaa)

About ‘no sound’ — did you check to see if “mute internal sound” under MIDI options was accidentally on?

• edited August 2018

Really impressed with the sounds I’m sequencing from the AU. Nice that you can transpose a second instance and get some funky sounds going. From the comments, this transition might be a little bumpy from the original standalone app but kudos to the developer for updating the app to the new standard. Very cool 😎

• @gusgranite said:
    Really impressed with the sounds I’m sequencing from the AU. Nice that you can transpose a second instance and get some funky sounds going. From the comments, this transition might be a little bumpy from the original standalone app but kudos to the developer for updating the app to the new standard. Very cool 😎

is it AU only now or AU and stand alone?

• AU and standalone

• It does state in the description, that it a complete re write, & it may contain bugs... Aslo, the Dev says wait a little while before upgrading if you have the old version. At least they are being honest.

• barefoot said:
    AU and standalone

danke

• Does the AU have MIDI out into the host? (For recording MIDI performances)

• Really liking this update. Didn’t expect it to ever go au.

• @realdawei said:
    Does the AU have MIDI out into the host? (For recording MIDI performances)

It does not. And it doesn’t have the fretboard in AU unless there’s a way to access it that I’m missing. Would be good to have even just to record audio.

Maybe it’s not complete and that’s why they haven’t advertised it as AU compatible.

• edited August 2018

You can tell it’s Blue Mangoo the EQ is the same as their AU app. Has it always had MPE midi I see a switch for it now? Strange how the menu timing thing works on start up.

• It’s fun triggering notes to this from iBassist to get 2 different bass sounds at once.

• Just so users know, the update is for iOS 11 and later. I almost uninstalled my version on my 10.3 ipad4. Would have been out of luck for awhile!! @gusgranite, can you explain the improvement in sound compared to the previous? Thanks!

• Reinstalled and working fine as AU and stand-alone. I got the idea it sounds more expressive since the last time I used it. Nice update.

• @DCJ said:

@realdawei said:
    Does the AU have MIDI out into the host? (For recording MIDI performances)

It does not. And it doesn’t have the fretboard in AU unless there’s a way to access it that I’m missing. Would be good to have even just to record audio.

Maybe it’s not complete and that’s why they haven’t advertised it as AU compatible.

Thanks! You saved me from some disappointment

• @LinearLineman said:
    Just so users know, the update is for iOS 11 and later. I almost uninstalled my version on my 10.3 ipad4. Would have been out of luck for awhile!! @gusgranite, can you explain the improvement in sound compared to the previous? Thanks!

• New update! Now has the playing surface in the AU! :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    New update! Now has the playing surface in the AU! :)

Wow perfect update, works really well with GarageBand was waiting for that since a long time!!

• edited September 2018

In the words of the Prophet: Woot!

• This is a bit huge because now you can perform on the iFretless fretboard in GB with all yr slides, vibrato, trills etc, and then drag that expressive midi track onto a different GB track, resulting in synth tracks with iFretless articulation.

It’s pretty much like my wish of being able to use the GB guitar fretboard to control other instruments.

Only thing is not all the AU synths seem to be able to read the pitch bends etc in the iFretless midi. Lorentz and Poison did not understand those parts of the midi and just played the notes and velocities. Volt and Viking understood it fully. Have not tested others yet.

Of course both Volt and Viking AUs then proceeded to crash but that’s a different problem.

Haven’t tried in audio evolution yet.

• Hmm recording in Audio Evolution while performing on the iFretless fretboard within the AU window results in nothing at all. @dwrae is there something I need to enable other than arming the track?