Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• @VirSyn said:
    The effects in ReSlice can only be used from the sound generated by the ReSlice engine. The reason to have an effect version is simply to use the record function for "live slicing" with any Audiobus source app.

I'll have to give that a go, sounds fun.

• Honeymoon period is over. Still love this app and use it frequently. I'm often seeing new things I hadn't noticed before too.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Honeymoon period is over. Still love this app and use it frequently. I'm often seeing new things I hadn't noticed before too.

Me too, my enthusiasm and use of this app is as strong as when I bought it. Loving the Addictive Pro update too - and just had a very pleasant jam with them both.

• edited March 2017

ReSlice updated!
    Very nice!
    Can anybody say how to sync ReSlice AUv3 ARP with tempo in Auria?
    How to change tempo in arp? Because ARP tempo only 120 bpm
    For IAAtempo sync works fine!

• @Denzkps Auria doesn't deliver tempo/position information to Audio units. We're already in contact with Auria regarding this problem. Hope they can fix this soon.

• @VirSyn said:
    @Denzkps Auria doesn't deliver tempo/position information to Audio units. We're already in contact with Auria regarding this problem. Hope they can fix this soon.

Thx!
    It will be great

• "share slices as .zip file" !! that's the one....

• The new zoom feature is a little odd but servicable. You can drag the zoomed in sample left and right by stroking your finger along the bottom of the sample where the left and right chevrons are situated. I only learned this after 5 minute jabbing my finger at those same chevrons thinking they were buttons :( Some indication of where you are in the sample when zoomed in would be useful. I tested this on iPhone 6S, it may be different on the big blocky pad thing.

• Yeah, the chevrons are not intuitive but the functionality is sooooo much better--especially on the iPhone. Thanks, @VirSyn !

• @VirSyn Thanks for the update. The share individual slices and slices as a zip is awesome. The zoom feature is also awesome.

I did find a slight bug. If there is only 1 slice and you click on all wav slices zipped it crashes the app.

Also the last piece of the puzzle for me would be some sort of sample management.

• @Jocphone sample position is visible on the "big block iPad thing"... But wouldn't be bad to have some kind of indication for iPhone too.
    @gmslayton Could reproduce the bug and it will be fixed with the next update

• @VirSyn said:
    @Jocphone sample position is visible on the "big block iPad thing"... But wouldn't be bad to have some kind of indication for iPhone too.

Cool, thanks.

• so ... how are ya'll getting on with this app all this time later. Still vital to workflow? Still being used alot? Thanks.

• Well, went out on the credit card limb and got it. Videos made it look like so much fun.

Qwik question — I find onscreen keyboard has big latency with some samples. Is this not the case with midi keyboard hooked up (I’ve not tried this yet)?

• @kinkujin said:
    Well, went out on the credit card limb and got it. Videos made it look like so much fun.

Qwik question — I find onscreen keyboard has big latency with some samples. Is this not the case with midi keyboard hooked up (I’ve not tried this yet)?

Check to see if any of the apps are running.

• @bcrichards said:

@kinkujin said:
    Well, went out on the credit card limb and got it. Videos made it look like so much fun.

Thanks. But nope, just that app in standalone mode. 2017 iPad Pro.

• @kinkujin said:

I've not noticed any abnormal latency with the on-screen keyboard.

If the app is indeed always 'streaming' and the sample is not fully loaded the latency might be caused by slow network connection or flash read-speeds?(Once the update hits I'm back to using Local Storage).

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

If the app is indeed always 'streaming' and the sample is not fully loaded the latency might be caused by slow network connection or flash read-speeds?(Once the update hits I'm back to using Local Storage).

You can still use samples on your iPad via Audioshare though, can’t you?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

You can still use samples on your iPad via Audioshare though, can’t you?

Haven’t loaded any sample outside of included yet.

• @kinkujin said:

@bcrichards said:

@kinkujin said:

Thanks. But nope, just that app in standalone mode. 2017 iPad Pro.

Sorry, this was a typo. Many of the presets are set with the arps running and they are synced with the clock. They do not always sound right on the key press.

• In 99,99 % of all cases of latency it's the arpeggiator which is on on most patches because it's in sort of "run through" mode an waits for the next tick. Just either switch it off or set Hold/Sync on the Arp page to "Key sync".
    Then everything will be ok.

• edited August 2018

Thanks @VirSyn and others. Will give those suggestions a go.

This app is a marvel.

• @VirSyn said:
    In 99,99 % of all cases of latency it's the arpeggiator which is on on most patches because it's in sort of "run through" mode an waits for the next tick. Just either switch it off or set Hold/Sync on the Arp page to "Key sync".

In the case of ReSlice the 'latency/lag' could also be caused by the fact that edge protection is not turned on.
    Without edge protection enabled the bottom edge of the screen where the keys are becomes 'laggy'(up to 0.5s).

The newly released AudioLayer has edge protection turned on and does not suffer from this lag...

• edited August 2018

@Samu said:

@VirSyn said:
    In 99,99 % of all cases of latency it's the arpeggiator which is on on most patches because it's in sort of "run through" mode an waits for the next tick. Just either switch it off or set Hold/Sync on the Arp page to "Key sync".

In the case of ReSlice the 'latency/lag' could also be caused by the fact that edge protection is not turned on.
    Without edge protection enabled the bottom edge of the screen where the keys are becomes 'laggy'(up to 0.5s).

The newly released AudioLayer has edge protection turned on and does not suffer from this lag...

I am quite sure this is a problem with edge protection. I'm experiencing the same lag and it exhibits the same lag as other apps that have had edge protection issues.

• reslice is perfect for what it is design for, such a great app!

• Just about the only thing missing from ReSlice is the ability to chromatically play the selected slice using the keyboard and use CC to select a slice to play. And well for 'breakbeats' it could optionally continue to the next sliceautomatically...

• Love this app, only things missing is velocity triggering and fullscreen AU mode. Second one is supposed to be made possible on next update.

• edited August 2018

Not sure if I’m missing something obvious - anyone know where the arp clock division setting is in the AU version? I can’t see it anywhere!

@VirSyn ?

• edited August 2018

Having loads of fun with this and AudioLayer together - but would like to find out about arp clock :)

Edit: got a response from support, it’s missing at the mo’. Added to backlog :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.