Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

label wording for apps with many output channels - like QuantiLoop - that are labelled

edited August 2018 in Feature Wishlists

Apps like QuantiLoop have many outputs - MAIN , MONITOR. RHYTHM, track 1,2 etc.

Unless i'm missing something - AB3 doesn't have a means from telling what an input is. If the name of any channel ( where supplied by the app developer etc ) can be shown in small font somewhere - this would help a lot.

I note that for some inputs from QL there is an icon - but the wording would help too.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

I think what you’ve overlooked it the little arrow following the app name. You need to press that to select individual outputs. Here’s what comes up for Quantiloop Pro:

• edited August 2018

Wim - im afraid you miss my point. i know how to access the discrete outputs as displayed above - its the fact that AudioBus doesnt show these names once one has CHOSEN one of those outputs after the arrow anywhere in the QL icon or elsewhere.

• I see your point now. There is a tiny indicator for some apps like Quantiloop. It’s just really small and not super informative I’ll agree.

• edited August 2018

Actually I notice there's a custom icon for several of the outputs - for example rhythm, the individual numbered outputs and input passthrough, but there's no icon for the Main and Monitor outputs - so no way to distinguish those two channels apart in AudioBus.

This may be because QL haven't supplied an icon for monitor. But in such cases it would be good just for AudioBus to use the wording of the channel as given by the app outputting the channels.