Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer by VirSyn - The mobile Sampling Solution for iOS

Hi all, after a day of server problems we finally managed to put some more info on our website:

http://www.virsyn.net/mobileapp/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=8

Harry

( Hope it's ok to make a new thread for this, but i think it's better focused )

Comments

• Awsome! Hoping it will go live soon :)

• This definitely deserves its own thread! Good luck with the launch @VirSyn! Very exciting.

• Amazing, does this mean release is today/tomorrow?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nice feature list so far and also iPhone.

• Stream direct from disk avoid (or decrease) a lot of RAM problems/limitation. Seamless transition between patches is a must. I hope it comes with full midi implementation for live performance (patch change, midi learn)

• Wow, didn't know about this one.

• This looks really good! I was especially happy to read:

• Reference to Sample ( one sample can be used in many zones )

Meaning , I assume, a longer sample can be chopped up and split across other zones without having to load the same sample into ram repetitively.

• @lano said:
    Stream direct from disk avoid (or decrease) a lot of RAM problems/limitation. Seamless transition between patches is a must. I hope it comes with full midi implementation for live performance (patch change, midi learn)

True but with huge amounts of voices it can be to slow sometimes.

• @wim said:
    This looks really good! I was especially happy to read:

• Reference to Sample ( one sample can be used in many zones )

Meaning , I assume, a longer sample can be chopped up and split across other zones without having to load the same sample into ram repetitively.

And since it has 'single cycle finder' of some kind it'll be perfect for merged Adventure Kid waveforms :)

• Reminds me of the EXS24 in Logic. Will have to look into this more

• Sweet! Very curious how this will workflow with Cubasis...

• oh wow, this is something i have been wanting on ios for a long time. the app link on your web page doesn’t show it being available in the US store yet. when is it exspected to be released? and how much?

• A perfect complement to ReSlice. Looking forward to added this into AUM.

• AudioLayer should be available in the store tomorrow (if Apple has no complaints...) for intro price 14.99 US$

@Dawdles @lano MIDI implementation is rudimentary at the moment. This and the addition of time stretching is already on our plans for the next big update. A project of this size can only be done in pieces.

• Very interesting and glad to see that someone is paying attention to the gaping holes in the audio AUv3 space. Will have to see if the looping features satisfy the looping crowd or not--just based on UI I see so far, there's probably still a place for a simple AU looper. Maybe the MIDI implementation allows for easy looping; time and investigation will tell us...

• Also, did I see it can sit i. the effects slot and sample audio coming in? So I could setup a bus channel in Aum, and send it through this app as it is sitting in the effects channel? (similar to Spacecraft)
    If so, I am in 100%.

• Hope it gets widely beta tested.

• Can this be used as a AU Looper inside say AUM ?
    Both for input and output at the same time for different strips?

• So it’s 17€ in Europe Intro. Hmm will see some videos first, but so far it has caught my interest

• @eross @thepinkelefant
    Yes, AudioLayer comes with to AUv3 plugins, one is an instrument which can be used in the input slot and one as a Music Effect AU for the effect slots. ( and maybe we will deliver a normal effect AU with the next update if it makes sense ). So you can directly sample into AudioLayer anywhere in the signal chain. And if you connect it to MIDI then it will even start recording with the MIDI note. This is handy if you want to take samples / multi samples of a setup you want to have.

• I think this is a no brainer. B)

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sounds exactly like a sampler version of LayR. This should be fun.

• @VirSyn said:
    So you can directly sample into AudioLayer anywhere in the signal chain.

I reckon that’s me in then.

• this is huge for AUM jams. So cool

• @Dawdles yes, but threshold recording is currently not there, only manual and trigger by midi key - just noted it in my list.

• @gusgranite said:
    this is huge for AUM jams. So cool

Especially if it can 'sync' the start & stop of the sampling for perfect loops like the record feature in AUM does.