Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sunrizer iOS vs OSX version?

I can afford either but of course wouldn't mind saving a few $ with the iOS app version. Just wondering if the quality of sound is significantly better on the OSX version or if it's merely a port over to Mac.

Comments

• edited October 2015

They are the same. The iOS has even some more features like tuning and a few other things.
    I still prefer the OSX version because of a deeper integration in a DAW.
    Booth are great!

• Wondering if OSX version is worth the extra $35. I assume DAW integration means of course it's simpler than going from iPad to DAw and as well you can assign macros and modulation and such.

• @Holiday said:
    Wondering if OSX version is worth the extra $35. I assume DAW integration means of course it's simpler than going from iPad to DAw and as well you can assign macros and modulation and such.

Yep... and you have several instances of course! If you use a desktop DAW for production i would go AU, if you like more to use your iPad, take the iOS version. Or booth (like me ;)

• Have to agree both are great, so is NLog as well but that is OSX only.

• edited October 2015

Definitely buy the iOS, it's fantastic, vst sounds killer too - worth every cent.

• @knewspeak Nlog was one of the first available on iOS, and still is. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nlogsynth-pro/id393879841?mt=8

• @SpookyZoo said:
    knewspeak Nlog was one of the first available on iOS, and still is. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nlogsynth-pro/id393879841?mt=8

Yes, your correct, I meant to say Sunrizer is available on OSX and Windows, and iOS, also Nlog on iOS and on OSX, but not Windows, sorry for the confusion.

• edited October 2015

But NLog on OSX is also a 8 part multi tibral synth while on iOS it isn't.
    There is an iPhone version, an iPad version, a macstore version and an AU!

But sunrizer iPhone version is sadly abandoned and limited.

• @Cinebient said:
    But NLog on OSX is also a 8 part multi tibral synth while on iOS it isn't.
    There is an iPhone version, an iPad version, a macstore version and an AU!

But sunrizer iPhone version is sadly abandoned and limited.

Yes you buy the standalone from the Mac AppStore, then you can download, from Tempo's website the AU, and use that in your the DAW of choice, a simple synth to program, yet quite versatile. I love to sit back chill and program sounds on my iPad, then off to the desktop to get serious. Same with all the crossovers.

• edited October 2015

Yes, i really hope to see more crossovers since it is a great thing. There is also a lot more motivation to creating patches for those crossover tools. (... if i just could bother Wooji Juice to make Mitosynth an AU... tryed it of course ;)

To topic.... booth is the only choice here. Also to support the developer.... but i wonder about his new synth which should been there since July... deadlines never fit!

• I agree Mitosynth on a desktop, would be superb, one of the few I haven't got on the desktop though is Nave, the price difference is just too extreme, so I use Serum on the desktop.

• @knewspeak said:
    I agree Mitosynth on a desktop, would be superb, one of the few I haven't got on the desktop though is Nave, the price difference is just too extreme, so I use Serum on the desktop.

Yes, i also found Nave too expensive (that´s the dangerous cheap prices on iOS.... i had bought Nave for OSX if the iOS version would be not so cheap). I use mainly Dune 2 for wavetable madness. It´s not so advanced in this field but i like the results more. It is a beast of a synth (and a wavetable editor is coming soon....)

• Regarding crossovers:

Steinberg Retrologue is reasonably priced (if you don't have Cubase Artist/Pro) and sounds very nice, and AFAIK can import presets from Micrologue

• Synthmaster can use WaveTables too but I never got around to really use it in this regard, I've got the Beat mag and Computer Music versions of Dune 1, the Beat version is the better version, which reminds me, Beat are offering a version of the U-he synth Bazille with the print version of the magazine, I've got the full version, another excellent U-he synth, but it's a modular, so maybe not to everyone's liking.

• @knewspeak said:
    Synthmaster can use WaveTables too but I never got around to really use it in this regard, I've got the Beat mag and Computer Music versions of Dune 1, the Beat version is the better version, which reminds me, Beat are offering a version of the U-he synth Bazille with the print version of the magazine, I've got the full version, another excellent U-he synth, but it's a modular, so maybe not to everyone's liking.

Bazille is really awesome.... i'm thinking to buy it while i use the demo and created some patches. The OSC's are amazing and the morphing step sequencer is fantastic. The price is good too. I mean all u-he stuff is awesome! I was searching for the Beat magazine.... seems rare here where i live.

• I have ordered it from the website by certain issues, not subscription, but it was delivered to me here in the UK fine, but it's only a slimline DVD case, so they are fragile, and of course the magazine is in the German language, so it's translate the old fashioned way.
    It's limited to 2 oscillators I think, but those oscillators are amazing, just love U-he filters, some of the closet recreations to analog I've heard, Podolski and Zebrallete, the freebies, have just been updated, most now with rescaling UI, beautiful now on my eyes, well more readable for my poor eyesight.

• Well I bought the iOS version and picked up Thor as well. Good deal for around $30 total. Might grab Fugu too.

• Bazille is my favorite desktop synth, love the sound/interface, unfortunatelly I can't imagine it on iOS...too much knobs all over it + CPU heavy

Tyrell is a gem too ( and free ! )

• Does the MacOS version of Sunrizer respond to MIDI Program Change messages?

• BUMP...can’t find this info anywhere and the developer is on vacation. Anybody know?

• Use iOS version in beat maker 3!! You can set up modulation and all that in the bm3 daw

• Thanks. I’m already using the iOS version in AUM an AB3. Great app. I haven’t used BM3.

I’m curious about the MacOS/PC AU/VST versions and whether or not they accept MIDI BANK SELECT MSB (CC#0) and PC. This is undocumented AFAIK.