Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bad news: Apple drop affiliate program for apps

edited August 2018 in Other

They've just announced dropping affiliate program for apps so that independents can't claim a percentage on sales. eg Doug and others advertising and linking apps on the internet. Bad day for lots of people.

No reason for them to do this, it's a kick in the teeth to independents :(

Sorry for the bad news folks.

Comments

• edited August 2018

Bastards
    Just bastard people

• Good lord, that reasoning sounds like bullshit of the highest level.

• @brice said:
    Good lord, that reasoning sounds like bullshit of the highest level.

Apple are the masters at that kind of reasoning. Bullshit

• Doug (and others) will still get paid up to Oct 1 so keep that in mind when you buy Apps.

• @McDtracy said:
    Doug (and others) will still get paid up to Oct 1 so keep that in mind when you buy Apps.

With his skills, Doug could create some courses on Udemy and use YouTube to drive traffic to his paid courses. He already has a great following on YT.

• Well, as a company, Apple can make and change the rules. There is no obligation for them to offer an affiliate program if it does not match the company's needs - that's the bottom line - even though that sucks for the little guys.

The one that really ticked me off was when YouTube removed the ability to monetize videos unless you have 1,000 subscribers. We, the people, gave YouTube lots of free content, making them the world's most popular video platform, then they go and pull the chair out from under us.

-Scarlet Jerry

• See to me the real reason behind this is that they want everyone go to directly to the Appstore and hope that all indepent reviewers and also larger sites as iOSnoops or Appshopper (that especially are good sources for apps that went free or came were discounted ) will die. It seems to me that this is about control of the Appstore. That really became horrible after it's makeover, and besides that sometimes you just can't find an app if you use it's own search...

A very sad day!

• edited August 2018

It was certainly nice while it lasted. Many affliate programs have been terminated over the years after a service has become established and the service provider believes they are giving away potential profit when they don't need to do so any more.

Once the buyers are trained to buy without influencers the influencers get cut off from the revenue stream.

It would be wise for Doug to route more content to his Patreon patrons and drive more of us to support him there with a few $'s a month. It's like Public Radio... many listen and few subscribe until it becomes clear it could go away with support. Of course,
    App vendors giving him promo codes for his subscribers would also help make sign up a better value proposition for us.

• Good post @McDtracy . A voice of reason among all the “corporate greed” comments .

• As if their total s#it App Store is in any way comparable to what vloggers offer in terms of app discovery.

Damn you Apple! I want to love you. Why do you try so hard to make me hate you?

• Wow, I already hardly buy ios apps anymore but this makes even more reason to get away from ios as a platform for me. Apple just keeps making what they have worse and worse for people who actually use this stuff to make art or make a living and more and more for people who want to send animated emojis to each other to talk about nothing.

To the people who make part of their living ftom affiliate links, I'm sorry this happened. Apple's greed knows no bounds.

• edited August 2018

@Lady_App_titude said:

As if their total s#it App Store is in any way comparable to what vloggers offer in terms of app discovery.

Damn you Apple! I want to love you. Why do you try so hard to make me hate you?

Apple and me, we're in this dysfunctional, mutually-dependent, occasionally-bordering-on-abusive relationship. I'm starting to see other people on the side.

• edited August 2018

:'( I’ll up my patreon contributions. Doug, Jakob, and Dean’s vidz are definitely worth the admission price!

• Maybe this is why appshopper.com is dead. They knew this was coming. Tim at discchord.com must pissed too!

• Apple needs every cent......the shareholders are dancing around the fire right now.
    Sometimes i think they try just how far they can go....sadly sheeps still follow.

• barefoot said:
    :'( I’ll up my patreon contributions. Doug, Jakob, and Dean’s vidz are definitely worth the admission price!

Good plan. I don’t have pay TV at home, I prefer a bit of Soundtestroom or a Haq Attack to Netflix anyway!

• So, they're taking away the affiliate program because their "new appstore has improved ways to discover apps". What a bunch of bullshit from a gaggle of corporate c***s.

I'm hoping Doug @thesoundtestroom will continue his find work. Just make sure to support him more on Patreon then I suppose. Cheers. :)

• @mrufino1 said:
    Wow, I already hardly buy ios apps anymore but this makes even more reason to get away from ios as a platform for me. Apple just keeps making what they have worse and worse for people who actually use this stuff to make art or make a living and more and more for people who want to send animated emojis to each other to talk about nothing.

To the people who make part of their living ftom affiliate links, I'm sorry this happened. Apple's greed knows no bounds.

+1 ... Totally agree with you..

• barefoot said:

Oops, thx for the save @nic_b_nice! and...

• edited August 2018

@TheVimFuego said:

barefoot said:

Good plan. I don’t have pay TV at home, I prefer a bit of Soundtestroom or a Haq Attack to Netflix anyway!

First I want to say thank you to everyone for the support over the years. I've been promoting iOS music making apps since the first gen iPhone back when I worked for Sound Trends on Looptastic. I started my blog in 2010 when Aaron from Sound Trends bought it for me to produce new content for Looptastic HD when the iPad came out. I always continuedto promote apps and developers for very little pay because I just wanted to help. This news about Apple sucks but I will keep doing what I do don't worry after all I've been at it for a LONG time.

My first iOS music app review:

• barefoot :XACT!!!

• Accelerating their way to 1 Trillion Dollar Company :neutral:

• Everything counts in large amounts :'(

• I wonder whether Apple had a talk with YouTube before this decision. There would seem to be a very mutually-beneficial relationship between Apple and YouTube content creators, who spend lots of time reviewing apps and creating tutorials. Seems like this move could hurt YouTube a bit, as well as drive some creators to walk away.

Real shame.

• The insane price of macbook pros and now this? I guess Apple's strategy now is to deliver stuff for the 1% and leave the 99% with crumbs. I guess it might be time to look somewhere else.

• Hopefully it will be replaced with something even better...

• That’s so Apple...

• edited August 2018

Go sign up for the Google Play Store affiliate program. I heard that they pay 10%.

Just kidding, I think that it's 0%.