Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Circuit: 1.7 (midi out and other known reported or rumored issues?)

Is there a new setting for MIDI out with Circuit?

It shows up in AUM, but nada coming through from Circuit for me.

Anyone else?

I am also having a phantom keys/notes being recorded on drum 1 if on 2 and vice versa for notes.

I hope they fix this.

My Circuit is not the same at the moment post update.

Reminds me of 1.5 issues that got solved in 1.6.

Now back again.

Anyone else or am I alone on this island?

Comments

• Seems good here, will check the Aum thing.... one thing I did encounter was tied notes untieing when switching synth patches mid drone, though in retrospect it is most likely switching from mono to polyphonic or vice versa.
    Still haven’t checked everything!
    Stuck in a drone zone!

• There are settings to disable MIDI out, did you mess with them when you were trying to use it alongside Groovebox ?

Page 61 in here ;)
    https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10690/circuit-ug-en_0.pdf

I do occasionally get double triggering from the pads...and start/stop button but not anything like you describe. Have not really tried it with 1.7 properly yet though, I got side-tracked...yet again ! :D

• @id_23 said:
    Seems good here, will check the Aum thing.... one thing I did encounter was tied notes untieing when switching synth patches mid drone, though in retrospect it is most likely switching from mono to polyphonic or vice versa.
    Stuck in a drone zone!

DRONE NO!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    There are settings to disable MIDI out, did you mess with them when you were trying to use it alongside Groovebox ?

Page 61 in here ;)
    https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10690/circuit-ug-en_0.pdf

I do occasionally get double triggering from the pads...and start/stop button but not anything like you describe. Have not really tried it with 1.7 properly yet though, I got side-tracked...yet again ! :D

Let me know.

I am finding more and more wrong with it.

Hope they will fix.

Or I will just put 1.6 back on

• @RUST( i )K said:

@id_23 said:
    Seems good here, will check the Aum thing.... one thing I did encounter was tied notes untieing when switching synth patches mid drone, though in retrospect it is most likely switching from mono to polyphonic or vice versa.
    Stuck in a drone zone!

DRONE NO!

DR is as far as I go

• Lol, I thought it was a dust issue! It’s minimal, background filler for spacey techno!

@RUST( i )K said:

@id_23 said:
    Stuck in a drone zone!

DRONE NO!

• midi out is working ok, circuit>aum, ripple maker, phase maker , ruismaker/fm etc... midi link sync controlling clock... sketchy starting and stopping/changing sessions... but that is not new... not sure if my drum one macros were affecting parameters in phase maker , some weirdness for sure, just not sure what!
    midi is black magic to me sometimes .

• @id_23 said:
    midi out is working ok, circuit>aum, ripple maker, phase maker , ruismaker/fm etc... midi link sync controlling clock... sketchy starting and stopping/changing sessions... but that is not new... not sure if my drum one macros were affecting parameters in phase maker , some weirdness for sure, just not sure what!
    midi is black magic to me sometimes .

Burn my keyboard at the stake!

So, yes 1.7 has noticeable issues

Coughs...Novation

Forget it, they don't care about what users want.....LOL

Back to 1.6

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    Just picked up a used Circuit for $100. So far I dig it. Pretty easy to get going. Not into the limited default sounds but shouldn’t be too hard to upload my own samples. Hope not. What’s up with only 2 Synths?

Haven’t setup with iPad yet. Does audio flow digitally from Circuit through usb into Cubasis or BM3 or audio output must be tracked in?

Is it easy to send and sequence iPad synths?

Guess it’s off to Youtube find/watch some video.

So you picked up Circuit for 100 dalas and you’re already complaining that there’s only 2 synths....and drum machine and sequencer, and effects and it is battery powered...and ultra portable...and has shiny lights?

Dude, you should get teletransported to the 70”s when you’d have a single oscillator on a stick and pedals to get it oscillating.

Some people...

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

@mAxjUlien said:

@supadom said:

@mAxjUlien said:
    Just picked up a used Circuit for $100. So far I dig it. Pretty easy to get going. Not into the limited default sounds but shouldn’t be too hard to upload my own samples. Hope not. What’s up with only 2 Synths?

Haven’t setup with iPad yet. Does audio flow digitally from Circuit through usb into Cubasis or BM3 or audio output must be tracked in?

Is it easy to send and sequence iPad synths?

Guess it’s off to Youtube find/watch some video.

So you picked up Circuit for 100 dalas and you’re already complaining that there’s only 2 synths....and drum machine and sequencer, and effects and it is battery powered...and ultra portable...and has shiny lights?

Dude, you should get teletransported to the 70”s when you’d have a single oscillator on a stick and pedals to get it oscillating.

Some people...

Lmfao@Some people. Said I dug it. As u noted, fav part is the battery powered bit. I’ll keep exploring for awhile. Just spoiled off iOS I guess. Off first glance just can’t see what it can do that Grooverider or any number of apps that cost a fraction can’t do better.

Hopefully as I explore it further I’m proven wrong.

No worries mate. That was tot tongue in cheek, straight face kinda thing, that’s why didn’t put a winkie at the end. ;)

Anyway, when I bought it I wanted to send it back after a month because I absolutely disliked the synth sounds. Once I understood the sound engine and clicked with it that was it. The form factor and how much is packed in it totally sold it to me. The Sequencer is just the right complexity and capability i want, included being able to do stuff in odd signatures etc.

Add it to an iPad for sampling, audio looping, effects and the like and you freakin have yourself a monster machine ;)

• I haven’t had any issues with 1.7. Hope younfind a solution. Are you part of the circuit group on Facebook? Some pretty knowledgable folks on there that might be able to help.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Has no wheels but with electronics inside I wouldn't want to wheel it around. The zoom is a u24 audio midi interface (I also use Akai EIE if I need more inputs. The tascam is there whenever I want to record the mix down of a jam.

It's all super simple, I can't get my head around complex setups and there's less chance of trouble live.

Software wise it is mostly audio looping and sampling that runs through a couple of instances of Turnado. Then effects for the guitar and vocals.

Circuit is hooked up via USB and slaved to AUM, that works quite well for me.

• edited August 2018

No issues for me, but I haven’t really been playing it a whole lot. Those ghost notes always happened, but I think never with an external keyboard. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever had them on the drum channels and I don’t use external keyboard for those. I did have it in AUM working as usual.

• With the tied notes feature, i still can’t record a held note across patterns. So the notes have to be tied manually? That seems ridiculous though, cause i just want to record the pad I’m playing for eight bars. Am I missing something?

• @soundshaper said:
    With the tied notes feature, i still can’t record a held note across patterns. So the notes have to be tied manually? That seems ridiculous though, cause i just want to record the pad I’m playing for eight bars. Am I missing something?

If I recall right you actually need to tie them together manually with the gate „menu“. But I am pretty sure novation had a nice short video on tube where the show how this is setup

• @david_2017 said:

@soundshaper said:
    With the tied notes feature, i still can’t record a held note across patterns. So the notes have to be tied manually? That seems ridiculous though, cause i just want to record the pad I’m playing for eight bars. Am I missing something?

If I recall right you actually need to tie them together manually with the gate „menu“. But I am pretty sure novation had a nice short video on tube where the show how this is setup

Thanks. Yeah saw the video and know how to do it manually, it just seems strange you can’t just play it.