Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone SE 32 GB - $55.50

Does anybody need or want an iPhone SE 32 GB refurb for $55.50?

I saw on slick deals earlier that Walmart is selling them for that price.

I actually have an SE and it's a good phone, but I don't do music production on it. I prefer to use my iPads and other things for that.

But if anybody is on a budget, or maybe they just want a cheap phone, then the SE is a pretty good device, it has an A9 chip. SE is similar to an iPhone 6s, just in a more compact size.

You don't even have to use it as a phone or be connected to a plan I suppose. You could just run music apps on it, or whatever else you want.

Anyway, here is the link, in case any frugal people here might be interested in a super cheap iOS device.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11883115-straight-talk-32gb-iphone-se-smartphone-refurb-35-airtime-card-55-50-free-shipping

Comments

• The SE is fantastic. Great features in a pocketable device. I own 3 of these.

Update: 4th one shipping to me this week :lol: thanks @CrazySynthMan

• Wow, that's a great deal for a very good field recorder, if nothing else.

• ^ exactly!

Cheap “lemur” touchscreen midi controller mounted on my acoustic guitar running midi Designer Pro.

Or desktop accelerometer based midi controller, with TC-orbiter always on. Just sitting next to my keyboard ready to play.

Or a b-roll video camera angle if I ever decide to do those YouTube tutorials...

For $55 there are so many single use case scenarios that would be worth it, even more so when it can fill many roles.

• Wow that’s a bargain. Shame there’s not a deal like it in uk

• It appears that you have to sign up for one year of Straight Talk service to get that price?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    It appears that you have to sign up for one year of Straight Talk service to get that price?

Yeah, I was just checking this for my wife when I saw that you have to have 12months of Straight Talk service before you can unlock the phone.

Still... those getting it not as a phone, but as a wifi only/recording device etc. would be a sweet deal. Not so much if you want to actually use it as a phone.

• edited July 2018

I don't believe that you have to sign up for 12 months to get the price. You do have to be on their network for 12 months in order to fully unlock the phone if that's somebody's goal, but it is not a requirement. It comes with a 30 day $35 straight talk no - contract plan. No contract means no contract.

That huge thread on slickdeals goes into more detail, with a whole bunch of people talking about it.

If anybody is considering it, then I would suggest that they go read a bit in that thread, before they decide, so they would know exactly what the deal is and if it suits them or not.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    I don't believe that you have to sign up for 12 months to get the price. You do have to be on their network for 12 months in order to fully unlock the phone if that's somebody's goal, but it is not a requirement. It comes with a 30 day $35 straight talk no - contract plan. No contract means no contract.

That huge thread on slickdeals goes into more detail, with a whole bunch of people talking about it.

If anybody is considering it, then I would suggest that they go read a bit in that thread, before they decide, so they would know exactly what the deal is and if it suits them or not.

Oh, it's a great deal no doubt. But, my interest was in replacing my wife's 16GB 5S with a 32GB SE. Only, she likes staying on ATT, so she wouldn't be able to unlock the phone for use on ATT until after 12 months of having a Straight Talk account.

So, not a good option for her.

I've got a 64GB SE that I'll likely upgrade at some point and loads of other portable recording devices, so I don't have a need for it either.

But, for those who don't mind it being locked to Straight Talk for a year, and/or who just want a good iOS device for the processing/camera/etc. It's a STEAL. The 4K video in the SE is very good. The camera is excellent. It runs just about everything. It's a great deal to just buy as a wifi-only device and forget it's even a phone. But, even still... you could use it as a voip wifi phone if needed. :)

So no.. not knocking the deal. Just no good if you want to use it as a phone with any other carrier other than Straight Talk/Total Wireless for the next 12 months.

• edited July 2018

Right, this is a great deal for an iOS Music device... So good that I didn’t even look into the details regarding the phone service. I don’t plan to use it.

anyone want a $35 Straight Talk plan?? :sweat_smile: I’ll give you a great price

To be clear the “plan” that comes with this deal is a pay-as-you-go Straight Talk plan. It comes with a $35 credit for a new Straight Talk service. And the phone is locked to their network. You gotta be cool with that or be cool with using it on WiFi only.

• @Hmtx said:
    Right, this is a great deal for an iOS Music device... So good that I didn’t even look into the details regarding the phone service. I don’t plan to use it.

anyone want a $35 Straight Talk plan?? :sweat_smile: I’ll give you a great price

To be clear the “plan” that comes with this deal is a pay-as-you-go Straight Talk plan. It comes with a $35 credit for a new Straight Talk service. And the phone is locked to their network. You gotta be cool with that or be cool with using it on WiFi only.

To clarify the clarifying statement... :) it's monthly pay-as-you. You can't spread the $35 credit over several months. $35 gets you 'unlimited' phone/data for one month. The only difference in the three options is how much 4G data you get: 2gigs, 10gigs or unlimited. The cheaper two revert to 2G after you hit the limit.

• that's what I expected when reading the offer ;)

• The offer also reads that it comes with iOS10. so I'm getting one just to run alchemy again as i lost it with my current phone running iOS 11. Anyone know if Alchemy is still downloadable in the purchased app section if the phone still has ios10?

• Dang... I definitely don't need this.... but $55 for an extra 4K video camera. 12MP still camera. Pocket computer that can run some of the most sophisticated iOS software out there... and can be used as a wifi device for the web. Not to mention it's actually a phone too?

Hmmmm... has anyone purchased one of the slickdeal thingies before? It looks a little shady, or too good to be true. But damn $55 bucks... that's awfully hard to pass up.

• edited July 2018

I run a 32Gb SE as my main phone. This is such a tempting deal, and apparently I can flip the Straight Talk $35 card on eBay too? So tempting just to get a music playing device.

The direct link to the deal on WalMart.com is https://www.walmart.com/co/Refurbished-Straight-Talk-iPhone-SE-with-Airtime/945066075

• Yep, it’s legit. The slickdeals webpage might seem iffy but the link is an actual Walmart.com webpage so no worries.

• edited August 2018

@Hmtx said:
    Yep, it’s legit. The slickdeals webpage might seem iffy but the link is an actual Walmart.com webpage so no worries.

I can't get to that deal if I go direct to the Walmart site though. Walmart shows that deal as $140. You can only get to that deal through the slickdeals link it seems. That's why I was skeptical. If you back out of that link past the 945066075 part, none of the rest of the link works.

It also says that you have to have 12 consecutive months of Straight Talk service before it can be unlocked. Do iPhones work fine as wifi-only devices with no SIM card at all?

• @skiphunt said:
    It also says that you have to have 12 consecutive months of Straight Talk service before it can be unlocked. Do iPhones work fine as wifi-only devices with no SIM card at all?

oh heck yeah. I have lots of iPhones working (for music or as an iPod) on wi-fi only with no SIM and no active phone service. You can basically use it for everything but normal phone calls as long as you have wifi