Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to record iOS screen captures in (((STEREO)))

edited July 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

iOS screen capture in stereo with perfect sync!

Proof...

Comments

• Thanks man! This is so good!

• Nice work!

• thanks, next step is to see if this can work with a camera microphone plugged in and AB 3.1. Could be some fun on the road rambling. 8)

• I need to get an Audio interface...

But which one??? :o

• Bonkers!

Thanks!!!

• edited July 2018

@tja said:
    I need to get an Audio interface...

But which one??? :o

For this I do like the UCA202. Only 30$, runs on ipad power, so no need for batteries or a power adapter and to my ears sounds great for the price. It is light weight and fits fine in my hoodie pocket for on the run stuff. I also have a couple Roland Duo Captures but they are more for stationary couch or (shudder) desk work.

• Nice!

Well, it has a Digital -> analog -> digital loop, so not perfect, but way better than mono when you need it.

• @Hmtx said:
    Nice!

Well, it has a Digital -> analog -> digital loop, so not perfect, but way better than mono when you need it.

Yah, the better the audio interface the better it sounds. When I am home I use the Roland Duo Capture which sounds just as good to pure digital for me.

• That's a nice 'trick' :)

The UCA-202 has quite a lot of 'bleed thru' between the input & output.

Try 'recording' something without anything connected to UCA-202's input while something is playing and then normalise the recording. (You'll get a low-frequency rumbled version of the stuff that was actually playing).

When I use the UCA-202 to record something I always monitor thru the iPad's built-in 3.5mm jack to avoid having the output bleed back into the recording. It results in cleaner recordings...

But for this purpose I guess it's fine :)

• edited July 2018

@Samu said:
    That's a nice 'trick' :)

The UCA-202 has quite a lot of 'bleed thru' between the input & output.

Try 'recording' something without anything connected to UCA-202's input while something is playing and then normalise the recording. (You'll get a low-frequency rumbled version of the stuff that was actually playing).

When I use the UCA-202 to record something I always monitor thru the iPad's built-in 3.5mm jack to avoid having the output bleed back into the recording. It results in cleaner recordings...

But for this purpose I guess it's fine :)

Yah the UCA 202 is for on the road youtube goofing only. As mentioned the Roland Duo Capture is for home and pretty amazing for this.

• “Proof” your demo in the OP is very effective in proving your point. I liked it and I listened the whole way through without caring at all that it had an extra D-A-D conversion. B)

• Very nice trick!!! I really liked your crazy BM3 track!

• @Hmtx said:
    “Proof” your demo in the OP is very effective in proving your point. I liked it and I listened the whole way through without caring at all that it had an extra D-A-D conversion. B)

@Janosax said:
    Very nice trick!!! I really liked your crazy BM3 track!

Thanks, glad you liked the track. :blush:

• @AudioGus said:
    iOS screen capture in stereo with perfect sync!

Proof...

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the audiofuse. Confused how to get it to work. Did not get any sound
    Connect input to output?