Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Microsoft Surface Go

Comments

• @raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    It's Windows, so, NO NO NO...

Have struggling with Windows to much in the past...
    Although it's Win10 now, perhaps better, but, no more Win in my life...

i genuinely dont have probs with windows since 7. been using ableton for years.

I wish I could say that. I'm about to buy a MacBook pro for the first time ever and it's a bummer having to buy something that's less good than my current computer spec wise. I have an Asus that is almost great but routinely crashes when I try to use asio drivers. I've tried everything but the problem persists.

what soundcard are you using ? i could actually fix your asio problems for you.

• Is this supposed to be iPad killer # 458 now? :D

Sorry, don't see it happening. I've heard the same story before, hundreds of times throughout the years, and I don't believe it this time either.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I wish I could say that. I'm about to buy a MacBook pro for the first time ever and it's a bummer having to buy something that's less good than my current computer spec wise. I have an Asus that is almost great but routinely crashes when I try to use asio drivers. I've tried everything but the problem persists.

I'd love that. I have a Yamaha MG10XU. I've experienced this problem of the driver turning off and crashing and having to revert back to the built in realtek audio and mme with that Yamaha, a zoom h4n, a presonus audiobox 2, AISO4ALL, traktor S2 mk2, and an iconnect audio 4. I've already done everything ableton recommends and more. But if you helped me solved this I would be really really really happy.

• @Cib said:

@rs2000 said:

@Cib said:
    But at least you can´t get these tools f.e. for iOS sadly....maybe one day:

Virsyn HarmonyVoice (for processing) and iVoxel (for vocoding/synthesis).

Sorry but that is lightyears away from this. Until vocaloid 4 it was O.k but v5 is great.
    It´s about writing your own lyrics without singing and/or that vocoder effect (only if you want that).
    And you can add expression, emotion etc.
    F.e.:

That's bad...

• Buyers of these kind of hardware are not that prepared to pay for software or apps. That’s the main reason for the app gap.

• @RajahP said:

@Cib said:

@rs2000 said:

@Cib said:

Sorry but that is lightyears away from this. Until vocaloid 4 it was O.k but v5 is great.
    It´s about writing your own lyrics without singing and/or that vocoder effect (only if you want that).
    F.e.:

That's bad...

michael jackson bad..... or Steven seagal bad?

• @raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I'd love that. I have a Yamaha MG10XU. I've experienced this problem of the driver turning off and crashing and having to revert back to the built in realtek audio and mme with that Yamaha, a zoom h4n, a presonus audiobox 2, AISO4ALL, traktor S2 mk2, and an iconnect audio 4. I've already done everything ableton recommends and more. But if you helped me solved this I would be really really really happy.

Wait. Are you using asio4all to use multiple soundcards at once ?

• edited July 2018

@raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Ok, now I get his !
    On Reaper it is possible to route many interfaces by launching several instances as portable and stream audio via Rearoute plugin to a main instance of Reaper (using normal Asio drivers ) . But not with Ableton (unless using ReWire or ReaAsio ,but things get too complicated)

Your best scenario is using Asio4All and enabling all the interfaces you want . But it will lead to audio glitches, since different hardware have slightly different clock so buffers will drift eventually. Try that first , you may get lucky :)
    Also you can try Jack for windows . Select Asio4All and again enable the interfaces you want via the Asio4All panel . Jack can help to instantly route audio between interfaces.
    http://jackaudio.org/downloads/

• edited July 2018

@Korakios said:

@raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@raindro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Ok, now I get his !
    On Reaper it is possible to route many interfaces by launching several instances as portable and stream audio via Rearoute plugin to a main instance of Reaper (using normal Asio drivers ) . But not with Ableton (unless using ReWire or ReaAsio ,but things get too complicated)

Your best scenario is using Asio4All and enabling all the interfaces you want . But it will lead to audio glitches, since different hardware have slightly different clock so buffers will drift eventually. Try that first , you may get lucky :)
    Also you can try Jack for windows . Select Asio4All and again enable the interfaces you want via the Asio4All panel . Jack can help to instantly route audio between interfaces.
    http://jackaudio.org/downloads/

This is very solid advice. I can probably help you but I'd need to know exactly what you need to achieve with all this gear. Asio4all is quite unstable when using more than 2 audio interfaces and even getting 2 to sync is quite a rocky proposition.

• edited July 2018

@raindro Supposing everything is plugged in all USB ports + USB hub, it’s sure that can’t works at all. Asio4All is usually pretty good with one and only audio interface, but even with two interfaces sync is not stable nor audio.

Have you selected or create a high performance power scheme on your laptop? Also make sure there are not too much background processes by checking startup and services.

• edited July 2018

@Korakios , @gonekrazy3000 , @Janosax lol thanks y'all, that's not what I meant at all though. Those are all interfaces I've used individually and had the same problem with. I'm just using one at a time. I'm currently just using the Yamaha MG10XU , and the traktor S2 occasionally.

I am running on a high performance power scheme.

Lol still funny. That's some crazy talk. 10 audio interfaces at once!

• @raindro said:
    @Korakios , @gonekrazy3000 , @Janosax lol thanks y'all, that's not what I meant at all though. Those are all interfaces I've used individually and had the same problem with. I'm just using one at a time. I'm currently just using the Yamaha MG10XU , and the traktor S2 occasionally.

I am running on a high performance power scheme.

Lol still funny. That's some crazy talk. 10 audio interfaces at once!

As it works for a bit then stops, perhaps there is something switching off the device ? Check in the device settings under properties for the audio device look for Power Management, make sure the box labelled something like 'Allow to be switched off to save power' is NOT ticked. Just a guess but you never know ;)

• @kobamoto said:

@RajahP said:

@Cib said:

@rs2000 said:

@Cib said:

F.e.:

That's bad...

There's a difference?

• edited July 2018

@raindro

I'm pretty sure your laptop is just cutting power to usb ports. its a pretty easy fix actually. do you have teamviewer ? i could tunnel over and fix your problems. you'd have to either add me on whatsapp or facebook messenger if you wanna coordinate. just shoot me a pm here with details for either. I'm on steam/discord as well if that works out better.

• @AndyPlankton I have turned off all the power saving options in the device manager but maybe some thing slipped by...

@gonekrazy3000 messaging you promptly. Thanks!

• edited July 2018

@kobamoto said:

@RajahP said:

@Cib said:

@rs2000 said:

@Cib said:

F.e.:

That's bad...

About $230 bad..

• That is what an experienced guy saying about this...
    I’m not too convinced myself, that Windows and touch interface will kill the iPad for Apple...

• I don't think anything is killing anyone, why can't they coexist in an increasing market?

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

That is what an experienced guy saying about this...
    I’m not too convinced myself, that Windows and touch interface will kill the iPad for Apple...

I don’t understand the observation really. The Win10 files system alone makes a huge case in the oppposite direction. Totally open + user ‘libraries’ shortcuts and so on...I fly around Windows 10 on Surface super fast for anything files related compared to iOS. Then there’s stuff like drag and drop from daw timeline straight to plugins. And any app/window is resizable. No ram limit on plugins. List goes on...

There simply aren’t enough great touchscreen friendly apps by 3rd party devs for windows yet. But there still ARE a lot of plugins that work fine as is. Fabfilter is fine for example. And things like Spacecraft are headed to windows too.

If I remember right the Surface Go comes in at £500 for the 128gb 8g model. And has expandable memory via sd. And although it’s not all touch friendly yet, the amount of free/cheap software is incredible...I mean you can get a watered down version of Ableton LE for next to nothing when they’re thrown in when you buy a cheap midi controller and that’ll compete with or beat iOS daws in a lot of areas.. If the cpu compares well to iPad then the Surface Go is a pretty great deal compared to iPad... Just needs devs to support it... The size of my Surface Pro has been main reason I don’t use it for portable music, but a smaller one same size as my iPad is really appealing...

But, if touch-Win was an success, why haven’t we seen any kind of sale success figures from Microsoft?

Although I sometimes “hate” Apple, but the closed and pretty optimized system called iOS is far beyond a Windows system that demands Antivirus and several other tools to protect your device...

The only thing that can stop me from buying a new $1500 iPad this fall can be the “remove headphone jacket technology”...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As someone who has used devices like this before I can say you are going to be disappointed unless expectations are kept in check. Take a look at the benchmarks for the processor. Depending on what you write, what kind of CPU heavy plugs you use etc it has the potential to really not be up to what you throw at it.

Touch screen laptop / tablets just end up not being great in practice. They’re usually sub par laptops and kind of wonky tablets. Jack of all trades sorta deal.

I agree there’s no reason why something has to kill the iPad, these are two different devices. I just think MS has a little bit of an uphill battle here to position the device in a way that makes sense.

• edited July 2018

Checked the prices here in Sweden according MS Surface GO...

128GB/8GB:RAM/Pencil/Keyboard is landing on almost $900...

Better to buy an 10.5” iPad Pro/256GB/Keyboard/Apple Pencil for $1100...

Today the apps to iPad is better optimize for pencil than Win-touch, better prices on pro-apps, 8GB RAM on Win is not the same as 8 GB on iOS (that is demanding fewer system resources to run than Win)...

And, I think the Apple Pencil is far superior to MS pen (for my taste at least).

Why not check out the new 2018 iPad (regular) - it seems to run as smooth as 12.9” iPad Pro from late 2015...

• So what do we know about the Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4415Y?

I lost track ages ago, it was so much easier when they were called 286 - 386 - 486 etc

• edited July 2018
  • My opinion is that the apps are what make the iPad experience magical while iOS is typically an obstacle. Certainly a closed system offers a benefit to stability since complexity increases as flexibility does, but if I could replicate the iOS app experience on a Windows platform, I'd move in a heartbeat. However, that would require a different way of thinking by Microsoft which they've not managed to this point...or some very creative devs.

• edited July 2018