Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dropbox app storage....silly question

edited July 2018 in Other

I’ve noticed my Dropbox app is taking up over a gigabyte of storage. Probably a silly question - but why? I thought it just transferred files from the iPad to my cloud account - is it saving copies on the iPad? Any idea how I can get the footprint down without losing files? When I browse its files it’s just showing the online content.

Cheers.

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’ve noticed my Dropbox app is taking up over a gigabyte of storage. Probably a silly question - but why? I thought it just transferred files from the iPad to my cloud account - is it saving copies on the iPad? Any idea how I can get the footprint down without losing files? When I browse its files it’s just showing the online content.

Cheers.

You must somehow have your files stored locally. Check with the files app.
    I would’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it, after making sure my files are stored in Dropbox cloud or on a desktop.

• edited July 2018

Thanks. Yeah I’m guessing it’s stored something somewhere, but I’ve only used it to upload stuff. Weird, I’ll have to dig around and see what it’s doing. The whole point of the thing is to keep disk space down, so I’ll remove it if it’s adding to it.

• edited July 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    Thanks. Yeah I’m guessing it’s stored something somewhere, but I’ve only used it to upload stuff. Weird, I’ll have to dig around and see what it’s doing. The whole point of the thing is to keep disk space down, so I’ll remove it if it’s adding to it.

For instance on my pc I have a Dropbox app, you drag files to it for uploading to the Dropbox web account. It’s much faster to upload this way. However once uploaded to the cloud I have to delete the pc files, this is in the preferences under syncing.

I’m not sure if this is the same on iPad but you must have the Dropbox app loaded?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@MonzoPro said:

For instance on my pc I have a Dropbox app, you drag files to it for uploading to the Dropbox web account. It’s much faster to upload this way. However once uploaded to the cloud I have to delete the pc files, this is in the preferences under syncing.

I’m not sure if this is the same on iPad but you must have the Dropbox app loaded?

There are bugger all settings in the app. Seems a lot of people have been complaining about it, so they've now added a 'clear cache' button, but it's not working for me. The other suggestion is to sign in and then out again, but still not working for me. And I'm warned deleting the app will mean I 'lose my data'. I've checked the offline files, and it says there's nothing in there, but when I check the iPhone storage settings it says Dropbox is storing nearly a gigabyte of data.

• @MonzoPro said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@MonzoPro said:

There are bugger all settings in the app. Seems a lot of people have been complaining about it, so they've now added a 'clear cache' button, but it's not working for me. The other suggestion is to sign in and then out again, but still not working for me. And I'm warned deleting the app will mean I 'lose my data'. I've checked the offline files, and it says there's nothing in there, but when I check the iPhone storage settings it says Dropbox is storing nearly a gigabyte of data.

as long as the data is on you dropbox cloud account you are safe, best to check that from a PC/Mac.

• edited July 2018

What does it say when you look at "manage offline files" in the dropbox app? under the account tab.
    Offline files is probably what's taking up your space on the ipad.

• I think it has a hidden cache somewhere, when I was on my 16GB device I would regularly uninstall/reinstall the app to free up space (I found no other way).
    Since I've gone up 64GB I haven't been monitoring it.

• Thanks for the replies...

@[Deleted User] said:

as long as the data is on you dropbox cloud account you are safe, best to check that from a PC/Mac.

Yeah it's all online, I'm worried if deleting the app (and data - wherever that is) will affect the online files though.

@Carnbot said:
    What does it say when you look at "manage offline files" in the dropbox app? under the account tab.

Completely empty.

@AndyPlankton said:
    I think it has a hidden cache somewhere, when I was on my 16GB device I would regularly uninstall/reinstall the app to free up space (I found no other way).

Yeah it must have. I think I'm ging to try deleting/reinstalling.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Thanks for the replies...

@[Deleted User] said:

Yeah it's all online, I'm worried if deleting the app (and data - wherever that is) will affect the online files though.

@Carnbot said:

Completely empty.

@AndyPlankton said:
    I think it has a hidden cache somewhere, when I was on my 16GB device I would regularly uninstall/reinstall the app to free up space (I found no other way).

Yeah it must have. I think I'm ging to try deleting/reinstalling.

I think you are OK if you can see the files from another device but I think in this case you should confirm what files you have online with Dropbox Customer service.

• Yeah must be old offline files in the cache, reinstalling should do it :)