Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

We're going to interview @Michael, Creator of Audiobus (and, this Forum). Post your questions here

2»

Comments

• Can u retire after Loopy’s appearance on the Tonight Show? Did u have a “real” job before? I’m guessing having Loopy exposed to so many people changed your life. Maybe almost like becoming a lottery winner.

• Why did Sebastian leave really?

• If not developing iOS apps , what would you like to do ?

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

I believe the following line answers it.

• I’d like to echo @Calverhall question. It did occur to me that a collab/merger with Kymatica might be an amazing move but I’m guessing this would not be as simple as a musical collaboration. Has it crossed your mind Michael?

• Hi, @michael, here's my entry for craziest and least important question: every time I post on the forum I see two views immediately. One must be my own reflection. Who is the mysterious second viewer? Enquiring minds want to know!

• You know you’ve been here a long time when you can answer 99% of these questions and you’re not actually @michael himself! ;)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi, @michael, here's my entry for craziest and least important question: every time I post on the forum I see two views immediately. One must be my own reflection. Who is the mysterious second viewer? Enquiring minds want to know!

Yes, this !

• My iPad, loopy, audiobus and this forum got me back into dabbling with music. Thanks Michael.

My first question, have you considered making a mini Loopy AUv3 for the effects slot? Maybe just limit each instance to 1 to 3 loop slots with overdub and maybe 2 modes, combined (which would play all the loops in that instance) or switch(which would switch between the loops as pressed). I would gladly pay for that.

Second question. Maybe speak on hardware controller integration into an app, especially for looping. I love all the touch screen capabilities but sometimes I just want the tactile feel of a physical knob, slider, key or foot pedal.

• @gmslayton said:
    My iPad, loopy, audiobus and this forum got me back into dabbling with music. Thanks Michael.

My first question, have you considered making a mini Loopy AUv3 for the effects slot? Maybe just limit each instance to 1 to 3 loop slots with overdub and maybe 2 modes, combined (which would play all the loops in that instance) or switch(which would switch between the loops as pressed). I would gladly pay for that.

Second question. Maybe speak on hardware controller integration into an app, especially for looping. I love all the touch screen capabilities but sometimes I just want the tactile feel of a physical knob, slider, key or foot pedal.

Mini Loopy AUv3 is an amazing idea!! +1

• @Michael Does Apple’s shut down of affiliate links now threaten the long term viability of the forum?

• Is the right side of your face just as sexy as the left side ?

• +1 for Mini Loopy AUv3

• +1

@gusgranite said:
    @Michael Does Apple’s shut down of affiliate links now threaten the long term viability of the forum?

• edited August 2018

@rarien said:
    +1 for Mini Loopy AUv3

Plus 1 to that!

• We interviewed Michael last night!

He's read all of your questions and comments in this thread. And, answered quite a few of them.
    Video interview will be ready in a week or two.

Stay tuned!

• @analog_matt said:
    We interviewed Michael last night!

He's read all of your questions and comments in this thread. And, answered quite a few of them.
    Video interview will be ready in a week or two.

Stay tuned!

Look forward to watching that. Thanks :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Hi, @michael, here's my entry for craziest and least important question: every time I post on the forum I see two views immediately. One must be my own reflection. Who is the mysterious second viewer? Enquiring minds want to know!

Yes, this !

My guess: vanilla counts the original posting page as one and the page afterward (where you see what you wrote after submitting as two.

Congrats @analog_matt. Looking forward to it.

• Actually excited to see what Michael brings to AB remote next. I like the way AB3 is going at the moment great stuff.

• This mini Loopy AUv3