Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Affinity Designer for ipad released

Comments

• Thanks @SpookyZoo and @ErrkaPetti !

Couldn't be much easier.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    A short video from someone that has the workflow in Affinity Designer:

Thanks for this. Appreciated.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

A short video from someone that has the workflow in Affinity Designer:

I've been on the fence about buying this app, as I am a complete amateur and do not need this at all for any professional purposes. This video pushed me to buy it. Although I realize this person's skills are far more advanced than mine, it looks pretty user-friendly, and I'd like to spend some time learning the app. I like the non-subscription aspect as well. Thanks!

• @tja said:
    I like Concepts, but for me it´s GUI is totally confusing.

And then, that you need to constantly buy something. At least it feels like that with that "Market".

And of course, you cannot export PSD files without Adobe Account...

So, in total, this moved it into my "Archive" folder :p

Absolutely agreed with you at first about Concepts UI. Two things happened for me though...#1 They completely reworked the UI...I don’t know if it was luck or if it’s intuitevly better, but my brain kind of gets it now

2 I decided that I was going to at least put forth some effort to learn the apps and I did. That’s not bragging or suggesting you should. I paid good money for the app, and I wasn’t using it, and so before it permanently went to the bin, I decided to at least make a decent try at figuring it out. And when I did, it all started clicking. This is not Illustrator (Affinity is much closer to that now), but...it is awesome for coming up with some technical drawings for some basic blueprints of what I may want to mangle in my attempts to build things.

Affinity designer blows its doors off for creative freedom, but Concepts has a place in my library, and I’m glad I took the time to learn it. It didn’t take that long either. It is fairly intuitive once you crack a few basic principles of it (hint: you’re gonna need two hands). It’s a well thought out and powerful little tool. I can totally see where their "you’re going to have to learn how to use this app as if you’ve never used a drawing app before" approach will turn some people off, but...anyway, I liked it eventually.

As far as the nikle and dime thing...they’re trying out some different approaches to see how they can monetize their efforts, and you can’t really hate on them for that. But...they do not cram it down your throat. In fact, they’re pretty surprisingly open about the whole thing both in the app and on their websites. You can absolutely avoid the subscription model if you want, and still get what you need. The object packs are crap, so just skip this. Make your own. And yeah, to do that you’ll need to upgrade to the essentials pack or whatever the heck they call it, but it’s not expensive and it’s not recurring so...again, they clearly put sweat and tears into the app and they want to make a few bucks...I’ll allow it.

To each their own though. And apologies for going off topic in an off topic thread. Just sharing my take.

• I have no idea why my comment decided to shout at everyone, but I’m going to let it slide just to keep you people on your toes

• edited July 2018

@boone51 said:

@tja said:
    I like Concepts, but for me it´s GUI is totally confusing.

And then, that you need to constantly buy something. At least it feels like that with that "Market".

And of course, you cannot export PSD files without Adobe Account...

So, in total, this moved it into my "Archive" folder :p

Absolutely agreed with you at first about Concepts UI. Two things happened for me though...#1 They completely reworked the UI...I don’t know if it was luck or if it’s intuitevly better, but my brain kind of gets it now

(the shouty section!)

Affinity designer blows its doors off for creative freedom, but Concepts has a place in my library, and I’m glad I took the time to learn it. It didn’t take that long either. It is fairly intuitive once you crack a few basic principles of it (hint: you’re gonna need two hands). It’s a well thought out and powerful little tool. I can totally see where their "you’re going to have to learn how to use this app as if you’ve never used a drawing app before" approach will turn some people off, but...anyway, I liked it eventually.

As far as the nikle and dime thing...they’re trying out some different approaches to see how they can monetize their efforts, and you can’t really hate on them for that. But...they do not cram it down your throat. In fact, they’re pretty surprisingly open about the whole thing both in the app and on their websites. You can absolutely avoid the subscription model if you want, and still get what you need. The object packs are crap, so just skip this. Make your own. And yeah, to do that you’ll need to upgrade to the essentials pack or whatever the heck they call it, but it’s not expensive and it’s not recurring so...again, they clearly put sweat and tears into the app and they want to make a few bucks...I’ll allow it.

To each their own though. And apologies for going off topic in an off topic thread. Just sharing my take.

Agree with you on so many good points here about Concepts app.

It's a wonderful app with a great workflow. The Devs are also really quick with responding to any questions.

Well worth checking out their Facebook page too.

• Thanks for the information about Concepts!

How would you compare Graphic?
    Before Affinity, I used this instead of Concepts.

• Loving this app so far, wish i could export DXF files though.

• Tonight’s play with Assembly free version in anticipation of getting my hands on Affinity Designer.. I have to wait until my new phone line is installed before I can download it :/ (no fiber in my area). Post some stuff you guys have made in Affinity Designer so that I can vicariously live through you until I get the app! :D

• edited August 2018

@Keenan said:
    Tonight’s play with Assembly free version in anticipation of getting my hands on Affinity Designer.. I have to wait until my new phone line is installed before I can download it :/ (no fiber in my area). Post some stuff you guys have made in Affinity Designer so that I can vicariously live through you until I get the app! :D

Hah, I can relate to that bear. Nice one. Assembly is a really cool app for certain. I may or may not have / currently be using it to make obscene iMessage stickers.

Here are a couple endeavors ive embarked upon with Affinity Designer; vectors and pixel painting. It’s an awesome app that I’m spending way too much time in, no question about it!

• @brice I suspect you had an interesting childhood... :)

• edited August 2018

I’m not a designer neither draftsman, but i like affinity photo, affinity designer could work for simple stuff like be a replacement of adobe spark? Or you need to know to could start using it?

• The nurse looks crazy awesome.

• @brice said:

@Keenan said:
    Tonight’s play with Assembly free version in anticipation of getting my hands on Affinity Designer.. I have to wait until my new phone line is installed before I can download it :/ (no fiber in my area). Post some stuff you guys have made in Affinity Designer so that I can vicariously live through you until I get the app! :D

Hah, I can relate to that bear. Nice one. Assembly is a really cool app for certain. I may or may not have / currently be using it to make obscene iMessage stickers.

Here are a couple endeavors ive embarked upon with Affinity Designer; vectors and pixel painting. It’s an awesome app that I’m spending way too much time in, no question about it!

@brice - nice little work there!
    And, as you said, Affinity Designer for iPad is sooooo addictive that the music apps may have to rest a week or so!

It may missed a couple of features, but, with some imagination and workarounds there’s nothing to miss...
    The dream scenario now is a full featured Affinity Publisher coming to iPad as an christmas gift!

• @brice said:

@Keenan said:

Damn that’s some smooth rendering!

I just got Designer now so I’m off to watch some vector tutorials. B)

• @brice That looks amazing man! Great job. The nurse looks like she is judging me but I know she has sinned too! lmao

• @MichaelLawrence said:
    @brice That looks amazing man! Great job. The nurse looks like she is judging me but I know she has sinned too! lmao

A nurse? I was enjoying her as a shushing nun...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MichaelLawrence said:
    @brice That looks amazing man! Great job. The nurse looks like she is judging me but I know she has sinned too! lmao

Sssh! Well have none of that.

• There's none more shushing than a shushing nun.............

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MichaelLawrence said:

lol you're right, I meant nun ;)

• @MichaelLawrence said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MichaelLawrence said:

lol you're right, I meant nun ;)

She has a nursing degree as well.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @brice I suspect you had an interesting childhood... :)

Indeed I did. It was f***ing remarkable. :)

@Keenan said:

@brice said:

@Keenan said:

Damn that’s some smooth rendering!

I just got Designer now so I’m off to watch some vector tutorials. B)

Thanks! I tend to be heavy handed with the smudge tool. It corrects a lot of mistakes but the downside is that it makes things look like plastic. Will need to go in and add some skin textures to give it a bit more realism I think.

@MichaelLawrence said:

She is judging you, Michael. You better not mess up!

• @brice I'm not good under pressure >:)

• edited August 2018

Watched a tutorial on doing this in illustrator so I attempted it in Affinity Designer for iPad. Here’s the tutorial

• Looks like today is the last day for the sale.

• The nun looks more like a succubus in disguise to me :D

• @Seangarland said:
    Looks like today is the last day for the sale.

Yeah, and everybody here that hesitate on buying Affinity Designer, do not!

The combo of both Affinity Photo/Designer on a iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 is awesome in every aspect!
    We members here, with a very long sight back in the past (i’m 55 years old nowadays) still don’t understand the enormous power that we hold in our hands!

Music apps of all kind, powerful graphic apps, we can take photos immediately and edit (and send away as postcard instant), we can make recordings in high quality in the forrest och in the city with now extra hangons...
    The possibilities are endless!!!
    Every single day when I fire up my iPad, it makes me smile and feel soooo good!
    The big problem? Can’t see any significant problem that I’m happy!

• edited August 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

The combo of both Affinity Photo/Designer on a iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 is awesome in every aspect!
    We members here, with a very long sight back in the past (i’m 55 years old nowadays) still don’t understand the enormous power that we hold in our hands!

Music apps of all kind, powerful graphic apps, we can take photos immediately and edit (and send away as postcard instant), we can make recordings in high quality in the forrest och in the city with now extra hangons...

+1. I’m the same age, and started out as a designer with letraset and a pot of Cow Gum. Photo editing involved airbrushing an actual photographic print. To have Adobe type power on an iPad, for £14 is just silly. Essential for anyone interested in design and illustration.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

+1. I’m the same age, and started out as a designer with letraset and a pot of Cow Gum. Photo editing involved airbrushing an actual photographic print. To have Adobe type power on an iPad, for £14 is just silly. Essential for anyone interested in design and illustration.

I had a few dollars left on an iTunes gift card, so I got silly and bought the Mac version at 30% off as well, after watching a few tutorials.

I’ve got a 10-yr old daughter who’s big into drawing, and this program is going to blow her mind. I imagine there will be a ton of custom-made emojis in her future.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for this off-topic post!

• Some more inspirational videos again...

• I sure hope psd export from Affinity into Procreate becomes a thing...