Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GAS - how many synths?

I just counted mine and it’s 43 (all being paid synths apart from Synth one). who can top it.

Comments

• edited July 2018

71, I’m so embarrassed lol

• I’m down to six.

Hardware, that is.

• All of them (including the shit ones)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    All of them (including the shit ones)

Yup. That’s uh... that’s pretty much me too. :(

• @u0421793 said:
    I’m down to six.

Hardware, that is.

One in the closet, one in a drawer, one under a pile of socks. I forget their names.

• Did you remember to count the Gadget/Caustic/etc synths separately?

• edited July 2018

I forget to include all the gadgets @syrupcore

• Bout tree fiddy

• 30 on my iPhone but i use mainly just 2 anymore there. Healed from G.A.S.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, I'm sure I'm up there but I'm cured as well. I've deleted too many and not going through my purchase list.

The only things I really regret buying are all the VirSyn apps. Those are just...not for me (aka crappy if we're being honest), and I fell for them again and again.

• Can’t agree with that - I love the Virsyn synths. Horses for courses. And I’m sure we all have lots of others we can use!

• Over 100 easily, but I have about 40 on my iPad and regularly use about 14 of them :p

• 3 hardware and 1356 apps of which 90% are music related. (iPad Pro 9.7 256gb)

• Wow and I thought 13 synths was a lot! :D

• Known as being biPolar, I have almost all presets for each synth as well !

If I buy a car, I have to have All-the-options or no sale!

• Well, I just got my Korg Wavestation EX ... oh you mean ios synths? Too many and counting ...

• Is it not AAS? App Acquisition Syndrome...

My AAS isn't too big. 11 regular use synths. I'm focused on live use mostly so I've limited to low CPU hits. I've bought a few others I couldn't find reviews of that aspect but I've uninstalled most of them.
    So I'm down to:
    5 Icegears
    3 Bram Bos
    Poison 202
    Galileo2
    and Model D. Which is not as light on CPU, but sounds soo good.

Others I will keep but are too high CPU for what I'm doing live. But I'll keep for recording.
    Mood
    Model 15 (well not dissimilar from Model D but I find D easier to navigate)
    Sunrizer

I have technically 5 hardware synths. Though some are quite limited use, like Moog Theremin, some mini DIYs..
    Really have 2 I use - Monologue and Minitaur.

• Yeah nearly all of them.
    This used to bother me but doesn't so much any more. Now I see the iPad as basically one synth and all the synth apps add timbres and extend the depth of sounds and capability to this piece of hardware. Like expansion cards and disks for a hardware synth.

So that way I can get away with purchasing without too much guilt ;)

• Too many to mention. Still recovering from severe App-o-Holism.
    I will do a 'cleanup' when iOS12 drops and focus primarily on apps that support AUv3 with a few exceptions.

• @Samu said:
    Too many to mention. Still recovering from severe App-o-Holism.
    I will do a 'cleanup' when iOS12 drops and focus primarily on apps that support AUv3 with a few exceptions.

I live the feelings, when I can drag and drop a synth from my synth folder to the AU Synth folder. I don’t mind if there are more to come

Joke aside. I have to confess that i actually don’t open synths in AUM that aren’t AU<3 already. It’s just incredible convenient that stuff...

• edited July 2018

@Max23 said:
    Way to many
    But I always come back to 3 of them
    Sunrizer, Zeeon, ipulsaret and mood
    They cover all the bases I need/want

May i ask what you like about ipulsaret and mood?

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:
    Way to many
    But I always come back to 3 of them
    Sunrizer, Zeeon, ipulsaret and mood
    They cover all the bases I need/want

May i ask what you like about ipulsaret and mood?

funny: brother @Max23 says “3 of them” and lists 4...

• I'm down to 99 Synth Apps, not counting IAP like the Gadgets or Syntronic Synths.

• 284 music related apps installed (Instruments, DAWs, Effects etc.) excluding Spotify, TuneIn, Modizer, BT Connection, Midi Monitor things like that. Way too many apps anyways...

• edited July 2018

I’m afraid to count, but whatever it is, ITS NOT ENOUGH

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’m afraid to count, but whatever it is, ITS NOT ENOUGH

Yeah, can't have enough new toys :)

I can't even have all my apps Installed on my current iPad. Would need >256GB iPad for that :D
    But then again they have been deleted for a reason so it's no bigger deal...

• A few synths here...

22 within Syntronik
    19 within Gadget
    20 AUv3 Synths
    17 IAA Synths
    9 Granular SoundScaper
    some more synths in GB, Cubasis and Auria
    and I’m sure that’s not all synths on my iPad... 😎

Too much!

The problem is, there are not only synths, what about all the other instruments, drums, sampler, sequencers, arpeggiators, FX, DAWs etc. ?

I’m afraid many of us are appaholics... 🎶

• I'm about to start a LifeTime show about y'all motha fuckas. Some hoarders up in here.

I buy most of the new hype but If I'm not using it, it is getting uninstalled. My brain gets uncomfortable with too many options. I think I have 4 auv3 ones right now.

Model 15, Zeeon, Layr, and SM1. Model 15 is a god. I use it in almost everything I make. I probably only need that one synth.