Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do I actually need a computer to import wav files into my iPad?

Does audioshare do this? Seems like according to Kymatica seems like I actually do need a laptop to do this .

Comments

• Hey there, import wave files from where?

• edited July 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    Does audioshare do this? Seems like according to Kymatica seems like I actually do need a laptop to do this .

Audioshare is great cause you can import a wav file (or a zip file of many waves) from DROPBOX and then once in AS you can easily copy and paste it into most music apps

• I use dropbox also.

• Documents by Readle is something that I feel should be on every iOS device.
    It's super handy for downloading files of the internet, extracting / creating archives, managing files etc. etc.
    https://readdle.com/documents

• @Samu said:
    Documents by Readle is something that I feel should be on every iOS device.
    It's super handy for downloading files of the internet, extracting / creating archives, managing files etc. etc.

+1

• What is wrong with using the built in wifi server in AudioShare?
    Works for me.

• @Telstar5 Where are you getting the Wav files? That is the question. I have a Geekgo SD Card reader that is amazing and lets me directly import audio I recorded from my Zoom H4n Pro into my iPad. It will pretty much let you import any file type to your iPad as long as you have an app that will open it.

@Samu I will have to check out the Documents by Readle app. Looks and sounds useful.

• @CracklePot said:
    What is wrong with using the built in wifi server in AudioShare?
    Works for me.

true, great feature. I love audioshare

• @gmslayton said:
    @Samu I will have to check out the Documents by Readle app. Looks and sounds useful.

It is. Been using it since its early days when it was still called Readledocs. Highly recommended tool.

• Documents gives you full access to Caustic folders by using Caustic built-in FTP server. Very handy for that app.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:
    Documents by Readle is something that I feel should be on every iOS device.

+1

+100

• @[Deleted User] ;Friend wants to send me some wav files exported from his Korg Kross workstation :@Samu I have Readle, I guess I should learn to use it properly , lol. Thanks again, all... I’m saving this thread

• He doesn’t have any Apple devices though. Just a OC and an android tablet so I assume he’ll be sending it in a zip file, I’m not sure

• @Telstar5 said:
    He doesn’t have any Apple devices though. Just a OC and an android tablet so I assume he’ll be sending it in a zip file, I’m not sure

The question is ’how’ he will send them to you, e-mail, dropbox, google drive etc. I thoses cases you’re covered.

If it’s on an sd-card then it’s trickier and should cause you to write a complaint/feature request letter to Apple allowing us to use the lightning to sd-card reader to access all files using Files.app instead of limiting it to Photos without jailbreak :D