Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

Comments

• @R_2 said:
    @Samu I just bookmarked the thread. You can add messages, as long as your logged in.

Where, Korg forums?

• @Samu said:

@R_2 said:
    @Samu I just bookmarked the thread. You can add messages, as long as your logged in.

Where, Korg forums?

Yeah, bug report https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

The requests have a number, but can’t find mine in my account. So make sure to bookmark after submitting. Then you can check for their reply, etc.

• @Samu said:
    I may formulate one for Files.app support and my suggested improvements.(ie. cleaner file-structure with session, wav, rex and other folders including sub-folders with 'pull down to refresh' as well as access to sounds from the other 'Gadgets' using simple path-buttons (ie. to be able to access samples across Gadgets, Amsterdam and Receife samples in Vancouver, Bilbao & AbuDhabi for starters). Think of this as Factory, 'Gadget' & User tabs in the file-selector in Bilbao or Vancouver.

And on top of my list would be 'curves' / 'smooth mode' for automation, the current 'stepped mode' is well 'stepped'.
    (Ie. just set start point and end-point and Gadget could interpolate the values for super smooth automation).

The above is nothing 'new' and should be on the to-do list already :)

Oh and don’t forget to give them your advice on velocity keys/pads ;)

• @R_2 said:

Oh and don’t forget to give them your advice on velocity keys/pads ;)

I think the only way to get them to do that is to challenge them to a kumite and kick some a* :P
    Seriously though, it's such a 'no-brainer' and I do feel someone else is in control over their priorities.

I due time when I feel more calm I'll give it another try.
    There's already enough threads in their forum for stuff to implement already when and if they see it applicable :)

Files.app support and 'Export Selected Scene(s) & Track(s)' would be sufficient for now and allow quick re-sampling without having to create extra-sessions just for sample-creation.(ie. just use one track/scene as a 'scratchpad').

It would be nice to be able to sit down and have a constructive chat with the chaps :)

• Not to derail the thread too much, but goddammit, I got Stockholm syndrome and caved. :lol: I figured it may work nicely for quick live drum fills in dance tracks.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Shoutouts to @djpuzzle for the Rex pack. Keep 'em coming (free or paid) :smile:

Link to the pack or tell me where to go?

Thanks

• It looks like this update lets you use external midi with the arpeggiator which I don't think worked before, it doesn’t seem to map external midi to the scale though.

• edited July 2018

So I just tried a bunch of my purchased LoopLoft files, just loading the first 8 loops from the brushes 1 pack and none of them can be triggered with the loop trigger feature, neither in the piano roll nor on the performance screen. Korg definitely need to fix this. It’s useless to me right now.

• @Munibeast said:
    So I just tried a bunch of my purchased LoopLoft files, just loading the first 8 loops from the brushes 1 pack and none of them can be triggered with the loop trigger feature, neither in the piano roll nor on the performance screen. Korg definitely need to fix this. It’s useless to me right now.

Sounds like the 'slice 1' bug that was mentioned earlier?
    What happens if you do 'Copy to Pattern' does the loop start at slice 2?

Can you play it in the wave-form view?

• @Samu said:

@Munibeast said:

Yes, it’s the slice 1 bug, slice 1 is silent, copy loop to track skips first slice as well. So yes, it’s the same as described earlier. Don’t really want to go through all of the packs to see if any of them work at all. But I’ll try a couple more.

• @Munibeast said:

@Samu said:

@Munibeast said:

Yes, it’s the slice 1 bug, slice 1 is silent, copy loop to track skips first slice as well. So yes, it’s the same as described earlier. Don’t really want to go through all of the packs to see if any of them work at all. But I’ll try a couple more.

That must be annoying. I found the same thing happened with the majority of my Felix Cartal loopmasters pack

• Yep! Used Reason from version 1 to v6.5. - then my iPad came along...

———

Wouldn’t it be great if Stockholm linked up with Thor..
    This is the point where my imagination kicks in, and my optimism makes me smile.

Stockholm is just a teaser (not excluding a great respect for its abilities) but just a taste of things to come from 'Reason'.
    It’s an intriguingly interesting route they are taking, but they have their reasons. And it will all make sense, I’m sure. (2 BIG players in the game!)

Remember also, Module, iM1, iWavestation etc are renamed in Gadget, so this can easily get its original name. (Read between the lines)

And who knows the actual deal they and Korg have..

It’s all exciting!

Stay happy!

King

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Munibeast said:

@Samu said:

@Munibeast said:

That must be annoying. I found the same thing happened with the majority of my Felix Cartal loopmasters pack

I do feel Korg / Propellerheads (or who ever in in charge of the 'Stockholm Gadget') will have to fix this since the 'bug' is not present in the desktop Dr Octo Rex...

• @Samu said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Munibeast said:

@Samu said:

@Munibeast said:

I do feel Korg / Propellerheads (or who ever in in charge of the 'Stockholm Gadget') will have to fix this since the 'bug' is not present in the desktop Dr Octo Rex...

It would be nice if they fixed it before the sale ends.

• Hi guys, I'm the Korg developer that went missing. I was the one that did most of the work porting Stockholm into Gadget - and the one who gifted most of the bugs to you. A couple of them we knew about and couldn't fix before launch, but some of them you uncovered for us :star:

We're currently working on more updates, and I've already addressed a number of issues that have cropped up. :)

Unrelated to Stockholm - I saw somewhere earlier in this thread that someone was asking about the reverb in Vancouver. I also wrote that code (sensing a trend here...), and the issue had to do with switching reverb types in a particular state. It was a bit of a niche thing, but once you figured out how to reproduce it was quite easy to do.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hi guys, I'm the Korg developer that went missing. I was the one that did most of the work porting Stockholm into Gadget - and the one who gifted most of the bugs to you. A couple of them we knew about and couldn't fix before launch, but some of them you uncovered for us :star:

We're currently working on more updates, and I've already addressed a number of issues that have cropped up. :)

Unrelated to Stockholm - I saw somewhere earlier in this thread that someone was asking about the reverb in Vancouver. I also wrote that code (sensing a trend here...), and the issue had to do with switching reverb types in a particular state. It was a bit of a niche thing, but once you figured out how to reproduce it was quite easy to do.

What’s the direction or future thinking of gadget?

• @stormywaterz said:

Honestly speaking, at this moment our primary focus is this next update. After that, the plan is actually to have a meeting and discuss exactly that. There's a lot of stuff we want to do, but we've got to pare it down a bit; decide what's feasible, what's more important, etc.

Once we have that meeting and hash everything out, we'll know what the future is looking like. Until then, the future is just the next update :)

• edited July 2018

@davis_korgrd said:

@stormywaterz said:

Honestly speaking, at this moment our primary focus is this next update. After that, the plan is actually to have a meeting and discuss exactly that. There's a lot of stuff we want to do, but we've got to pare it down a bit; decide what's feasible, what's more important, etc.

Once we have that meeting and hash everything out, we'll know what the future is looking like. Until then, the future is just the next update :)

Hi @davis_korgrd

Thanks very much for coming on and talking about Stockholm.

I’m a really big Gadget fan. So please do pass on thanks to the rest of the team. It’s an amazing app, and generally super, super solid (apart from the battery drain!).

Hopefully Files integration is on the list. That would be a popular addition round here.

• Hi @davis_korgrd

I’m a really big Gadget fan. So please do pass on thanks to the rest of the team. It’s an amazing app, and generally super, super solid (apart from the battery drain!).

Hopefully Files integration is on the list. That would be a popular addition round here.

Haha don't worry, we've heard. It's just something that we haven't quite been able to get around to yet

• edited July 2018

@davis_korgrd said:

Haha don't worry, we've heard. It's just something that we haven't quite been able to get around to yet

Good to know!

I've even made a post with suggested folder structure when Gadget finally gets Files.app support lol.
    The current 'state' of the 'Documents' folder could come as a shock to new users without proper 'cleanup' ;)

As for 'internal re-sampling' it's enough with the 'iTunes/Documents' as the destination but with the option to select track & scene for export so we don't have to use separate Gadget sessions for that since switching between sessions is a real flow-stoppa...

And on the wish-list would be to be able to use all the Samples included in Gadget with all the Gadgets.
    (For example use Bilbao, Amsterdam, Receife & London samples in Vancouver and vice versa).

The implementation could be quite simple with 'tabs' that point to the different Gadgets.
    (Similar to the 'path' buttons in Vancouver with Factory, User with the addition for 'Name of other Gadget(s)'

And as many have pointed being able to share Presets between Stand-Alone apps and Gadget would be a welcome addition. (This goes for Mono/Poly, Odyssei as examples). For Mono/Poly a nice addition would be to include the patches from the Legacy Mono/Poly (these patches can be easily imported to the Stand-Alone Mono/Poly but there's not way to get them into Gadget).

And re-routing this reply back to the Stockholm Gadget...
    ...when exporting a 'scene/track' from Gadget being able to choose 'REX' as a format would be a welcome addition even if it's simple 1/16 slices per bar.

Thanks for your time and thanks for stopping by...
    And huge kudos to the whole Gadget Team :)
    /Samuel

• @KING777 said:
    Yep! Used Reason from version 1 to v6.5. - then my iPad came along...

———

Wouldn’t it be great if Stockholm linked up with Thor..
    This is the point where my imagination kicks in, and my optimism makes me smile.

Stockholm is just a teaser (not excluding a great respect for its abilities) but just a taste of things to come from 'Reason'.
    It’s an intriguingly interesting route they are taking, but they have their reasons. And it will all make sense, I’m sure. (2 BIG players in the game!)

Remember also, Module, iM1, iWavestation etc are renamed in Gadget, so this can easily get its original name. (Read between the lines)

And who knows the actual deal they and Korg have..

It’s all exciting!

Stay happy!

King

Well Korg offers lite licences for both Ableton and Reason however Ableton isn’t really in the virtual instrument game as much as Reason is so it’s perfectly logical to have them partner. I’m also stoked for a Thor or a Redrum or Kong but more importantly I’d like to see Clips that can be printed into Rex.

• Honestly if we look at the Reason and the Propellerheads then 'Europa by Reason' is the next logical synth-app to come to iOS. It's already a 'web app' so it can't be that demanding on the CPU either which would make it a perfect Gadget, AUv3 and 'Stand Alone' :)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Hi @davis_korgrd

Indeed the battery drain... @davis_korgrd What’s the status on solving this problem?
    No other ‘heavy’ app comes close to Gadget’s cpu heat/battery consumption.
    From my tests I believe it’s mostly caused by graphic/UI stuff (more than sound).

For example: Lisbon maxing out CPU load without even playing a single note, just looking at the screen.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hi guys, I'm the Korg developer that went missing. I was the one that did most of the work porting Stockholm into Gadget - and the one who gifted most of the bugs to you. A couple of them we knew about and couldn't fix before launch, but some of them you uncovered for us :star:

Thank you for coming to the forum and updating us, it is highly appreciated! I hope you'll be back frequently and update us! I'm a big Korg fan and have a stake in the future of Gadget - i'm a supporter and look forward not only to fixes/enhancements but whatever you guys dream up in the future meetings. Keep us in the loop. Thanks again!

• edited July 2018

@davis_korgrd - hey.

Gadget is a Champion!

—————

... Just this Monday gone I was talking with Saulo Valerio (Korg UK)..

The last thing I mentioned/requested, was for the transport to be available when we are in a gadgets full screen mode.

Can’t find a logical reason why it’s not there...

During practicing in full screen, would be great to be able to punch in (amongst other standard things) like play or stop.
    I shouldn’t have to go into this much detail, but may need to as this is mind boggling, as to why it wasn’t implemented already..

Why???

Logical:

I hope you can speak to, or add it yourself... If so much appreciated!

I’ve always Loved Gadget!

Bless!

King

• edited July 2018

@KING777 said:
    @davis_korgrd - hey.

Gadget is a Champion!

—————

... Just this Monday gone I was talking with Saulo Valerio (Korg UK)..

The last thing I mentioned/requested, was for the transport to be available when we are in a gadgets full screen mode.

Can’t find a logical reason why it’s not there...

During practicing in full screen, would be great to be able to punch in (amongst other standard things) like play or stop.
    I shouldn’t have to go into this much detail, but may need to as this is mind boggling, as to why it wasn’t implemented already..

Why???

Logical:

I hope you can speak to, or add it yourself... If so much appreciated!

I’ve always Loved Gadget!

Bless!

King

Having access to the 'transport controls' in fullscreen would indeed be handy.

This and all the other suggestions that have been made over the years like kaos-pad for note entry, alternate keyboard with vertical-velocity (think Mono/Poly, iM1, iWavestation etc. keyboard with added Y-Axis velocity for more dynamic performances when a controller is not at hand, I mean the Madrid Gadget already kinda has this).

Oh well, what ever is cooking regarding Gadget I will most likely get...
    ...it's one of my Top #3 apps joining Cubasis and BM3 :)

• edited July 2018

@Samu said:
    ...it's one of my Top #3 apps joining Cubasis and BM3 :)

Yep! It has a place on my Taskbar/Dock.
    1 of 'only' 5 music apps on there, the other 4 are:

AUM.
    BM3.
    Auria Pro.
    Audioshare.

So it has high regards in this lab.

King

—————

Added: Undo and Redo should also be available @davis_korgrd, cheers!

• OK... So I had about 250 REX files available from a few sample pack purchases that I have never been able to use. 10 bucks to use them in Gadget? OK, I'll bite.

Download to Audioshare, then transfer to Dropbox because there isn't an option to open from Audioshare in Gadget (Even though Doug was able to do this somehow), and open Gadget to download my .rx2 files, and they are all light gray (meaning Gadget won't download/recognize them. Hmph. Harrumph. Grrr.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or Gadget is doing wrong? And is there a way to drop them into Gadget so I don't have to do this one by one? Appreciate any input.

• @FlightManual said:
    OK... So I had about 250 REX files available from a few sample pack purchases that I have never been able to use. 10 bucks to use them in Gadget? OK, I'll bite.

Download to Audioshare, then transfer to Dropbox because there isn't an option to open from Audioshare in Gadget (Even though Doug was able to do this somehow), and open Gadget to download my .rx2 files, and they are all light gray (meaning Gadget won't download/recognize them. Hmph. Harrumph. Grrr.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or Gadget is doing wrong? And is there a way to drop them into Gadget so I don't have to do this one by one? Appreciate any input.

Look through this thread ;-)

You are probably doing the same mistake as countless others, trying to load samples via the patch menu. You need to click on one of the 8 sample names below to change / import a sample to that slot.