Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introducing Audiobus 3.1

Today I'm rather excited to share the fruits of the last several months' work: Audiobus 3.1! This is a free update that introduces a ton of new features.

Here's a video I made that takes you through what's new:

In particular, Audio Units get a bunch of love in this version. AUs that support outputting MIDI will now appear in the MIDI Input and Effect ports as appropriate, and they're super easy and fun to use. You can see the full list of AU MIDI Inputs and Effects over on the Compatible Apps directory, which now also includes a complete list of all Audio Units. It's all made even better by support for full-screen Audio Units, and factory preset support.

And if you've got a USB audio interface, you'll be happy to hear you can now use Audiobus to send audio out to any output channels, including simultaneously sending to the built-in headphone port if you turn on Multiroute Audio in settings.

This is the full list of new stuff:

• Audio Unit MIDI out and MIDI effects. Now Audio Units can be put in the MIDI Input and Effect positions.
  • Support for full-screen Audio Unit views. Supporting Audio Units now open in full-screen. A new expand/contract view button toggles the keyboard and view mode.
  • Support for Audio Unit factory presets, with a new selector above the keyboard.
  • Multi-channel output support: Send different audio streams to different output channels. And with Multiroute Audio enabled in Settings, send separate audio to the headphones and a plugged-in USB audio interface.
  • Bluetooth MIDI support.
  • Effect reordering via drag-and-drop.
  • Inter-App Audio transport synchronization.
  • UI design overhaul.
  • iOS 9 support.
  • CPU utilisation indicator.
  • Lots and lots of other improvements.

Hope you enjoy it!

Comments

• Super Awesome!!! Thanks for all your hard work!

• Very nice work Michael. Thank you!

• Oh goodness! Multiroute Audio Sounds interesting! Would audio interface input and simultaneous iPad mic input be possible?

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh goodness! Multiroute Audio Sounds interesting! Would audio interface input and simultaneous iPad mic input be possible?

Audio interface input plus headset mic input is - but for whatever reason, the iPad's built in speaker and mic don't work!

• @Michael said:

@AudioGus said:
    Oh goodness! Multiroute Audio Sounds interesting! Would audio interface input and simultaneous iPad mic input be possible?

Audio interface input plus headset mic input is - but for whatever reason, the iPad's built in speaker and mic don't work!

Oh wow awesome... looking forward to trying this!

• edited July 2018

The FX Shuffle alone has got me doing a happy dance.

...and the update is live! Thank you @Michael

• Well done- what a surprise!

• Loved the video! Excellent work all around!

• I love it! Looks awesome.

There are many folks who come here who don’t yet own AudioBus. I highly recommend it.

• Yep, I am super happy with this!!!

Thank you very much for the effort!

You still did not add a "buy a coffee" IAP?

The developers on this forum should do so!
    :)

• And a very nice video!

• does the multiroute audio work like AUM with sends?

• iOS 9 support. Thank you kind sir. I can now run this on my old/new iPad

• great vid! lovely lovely

• Congratulations !!

• looks cool. would it be possible
    to send a chain of synth and effects into korg gadget to be recorded?

• I just updated Audiobus and i no longer can see the Sugarbytes Cyclops and Turnado Audio Units show up with their interface. Both worked fine in the previous version of Audiobus earlier today before the update. The AU window stays empty although they are loaded in AUdiobus and their icons are shown. I can hear Cyclops when playing the on screen keyboard but i don't see their interrfaces. Btw i am running iOS10.3.3 on a iPad Pro 9.7". Are other 10.3.3 users also seeing this problem or does this also happen in iOS 11?

I rebooted my iPad Pro and also cleared the session and reloaded everything again but still having issues with Sugarbytes' Cyclops and Turnado. However Unique synth works fine.

• Wow. Congrats and thank you for an awesome update. 👏👏

• Congratulations! That seemed like an epic amount of work. Cheers! :)

• edited July 2018

Hey @Michael,

All the best with this! And may your sales increase xxxx fold.

Cheers also for running and maintaining this forum. 👊🏼

One Love peeps!

✌🏼

King

—————

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiobus-3/id1129130361?mt=8

• Ha, love the typewriter intro.

• This looks great @michael. Love the video. My iPad2 adores you. Now if I just understood half the stuff I saw in a minute and a half! Thanks!

• I love it! Looks awesome.

There are many folks who come here who don’t yet own AudioBus. I highly recommend it.

• My new AUv3 MIDI plugin just released today. This is the best timing ever, I can't wait to try it as a MIDI AUv3 Plugin in AB3. BTW, standalon mode supports Audiobus MIDI sender and filter as well :)
    http://keybudapp.com/scalebud

• Nice one! Thank You! :)

• @Michael
    Boom pow zing!

• @cem_olcay said:
    My new AUv3 MIDI plugin just released today. This is the best timing ever, I can't wait to try it as a MIDI AUv3 Plugin in AB3. BTW, standalon mode supports Audiobus MIDI sender and filter as well :)

If it is in the App Store, an App Store link would be nice ;)

• Nice... Thanks..

• @tja said:

@cem_olcay said:
    My new AUv3 MIDI plugin just released today. This is the best timing ever, I can't wait to try it as a MIDI AUv3 Plugin in AB3. BTW, standalon mode supports Audiobus MIDI sender and filter as well :)

Yeah, sure :smile:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scalebud-auv3-midi-keyboard/id1409125865?ls=1&mt=8

• @cem_olcay said:

@tja said:

@cem_olcay said:

Yeah, sure :smile:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scalebud-auv3-midi-keyboard/id1409125865?ls=1&mt=8

Any chance I could see a video of how this app works ? You have intrigued me greatly.