Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta : ad an AUx "simple" keyboard ?

Hello,

I tried MidiRoute, but it's really too simple...
@brambos would you consider adding a keyboard controller to your Rozeta suite ?

It would have this features

1.State saving...
2.multi out with multi channels
3.keyboard splitting with midi channel assignable on each note...
4.Aux knobs that you can dynamically create with mapping by midi learn of existing controllers for AUv3 and IAA synths.
5.Feedback of values received then transmitted to a midi controller...Here this keyboard would find a way to get the values of a preset, then get them again if a preset is changed.
6.Program Change implementation of the keyboard
7.Sending PC to synths connected (if it support them...)
8.A master midi panic button send to remote synths assignable to a midi controller.

Maybe ?
7.Sending values to remote synths on loading presets from "rozeta keyboard"
8.Link (if a synth is not IAA/Link and you want VCO's in sync.)

That would solve these problems, but maybe some others ?
1.Implementing in all synths feedback values for midi controllers
2.having an AUv3 keyboard in BeatMaker 3

Anyone else that would like this app can vote for it :)

Rozeta Keyboard : would it be a cool app or not ?
  1. Rozeta Keyboard : would it be a cool app or not ?16 votes
    1. yes
      81.25%
    2. no
      18.75%

Comments

• I don’t want to sound negative, but I get the feeling that Bram doesn’t really use keyboards to make music, and therefore would be much less interested in making one. To my mind, developers like Bram end up creating special apps because they’re creating something unique and desirebale for their own personal workflow. If I’m wrong, then Bram please feel free to tell me to shut up.

It does seem that a lot of people want an AU keyboard, so hopefully someone delivers. Personally, I’d like to see iOS move away from trying replicate a keyboard experience on a flat screen.

• I see your point @DCJ , I have no problem with that, but to me it's more than just a keyboard...

I would call it "the child of iMidipatchbay + Streambyter + "new features for playing our synths live better".
    I feel it could be part of a sequencer suite, but that's indeed just my "consumer" opinion...

• You're definitely not alone. If anything, I'm in the minority. And honestly, if someone did make something like what you're describing I'd probably end up buying it despite myself.

• Just my opinion but apart from maybe a piano roll for reference on particles I believe rozetta is complete and I'm hoping brambos focuses on new apps.

• Instead of new plug-ins for the Rozeta suite I'd rather see a new 'Controller Surface AU' with customisable keys, pads, x & y pads, knobs & sliders, assign chords to pads. Maybe 8 'configs' per preset and when the AU is 'expanded' show more of those configs at once.(for example pads and keys at the same time and room permitting maybe some X&Y pads and sliders too).

This way we could for example create a 'chaos pad' that could send out notes using a preset scale etc.

When we get hosts that allow multiple AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins to be used on the same 'track' things will get interesting :)

• I’ve been crying out for an age for new touchable input devices. The pinnacle would be an AU midi input designer app, where we could design and share our own created touch interfaces :)

• And latch/hold your can do with it too, right? This way you can add some notes on hold after AUMs keyboard is occupied - nice idea.

• Maybe tangential - but I'd also LOVE support for the iPad Smart Keyboard in that AU :) would be awesome to map knobs/pads/notes to the physical keyboard.

I find the keyboard support in Model 15 super-useful as it allows you yo test chords/arps with the synth using all screen estate. Would be amazing to have that possibility for all AU synths...

(but I suspect iOS will be restrictive in passing keyboard events to background apps... So maybe this need implementation in the host)

• @Samu said:
    Instead of new plug-ins for the Rozeta suite I'd rather see a new 'Controller Surface AU' with customisable keys, pads, x & y pads, knobs & sliders, assign chords to pads. Maybe 8 'configs' per preset and when the AU is 'expanded' show more of those configs at once.(for example pads and keys at the same time and room permitting maybe some X&Y pads and sliders too).

This way we could for example create a 'chaos pad' that could send out notes using a preset scale etc.

When we get hosts that allow multiple AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins to be used on the same 'track' things will get interesting :)

+1 sounds good

• @brambos could we have a brambos keyboard instead ? Whatever mad genius keyboard you come up with.

• So > @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu said:
    Instead of new plug-ins for the Rozeta suite I'd rather see a new 'Controller Surface AU' with customisable keys, pads, x & y pads, knobs & sliders, assign chords to pads. Maybe 8 'configs' per preset and when the AU is 'expanded' show more of those configs at once.(for example pads and keys at the same time and room permitting maybe some X&Y pads and sliders too).

+1 sounds good

I would much prefer a new plugin rather than a midi control surface, already many great options for that.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    So > @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu said:

+1 sounds good

I would much prefer a new plugin rather than a midi control surface, already many great options for that.

The Idea here is to have is an AUv3 'plug-in' that behaves like a control surface just like we have arpeggiators and sequencers in the Rozeta Suite.

Where the Rozeta Suite mostly (X&Y pad has manual input) focuses on 'generating/modifying' midi the 'Surface AU' could generate midi based on user input using keyboards, pads, sliders etc.

This would be a great addition for hosts that have limited configurability when it comes to inputting/recording data.

• I don’t > @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

+1 sounds good

The Idea here is to have is an AUv3 'plug-in' that behaves like a control surface just like we have arpeggiators and sequencers in the Rozeta Suite.

Where the Rozeta Suite mostly (X&Y pad has manual input) focuses on 'generating/modifying' midi the 'Surface AU' could generate midi based on user input using keyboards, pads, sliders etc.

This would be a great addition for hosts that have limited configurability when it comes to inputting/recording data.

I don’t really see the benefits here?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I don’t > @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

+1 sounds good

We have some lovely touch screen centric input devices in some iOS apps. Having these as an AU midi app would let us integrate more varied input devices into hosts that typically are very limited. This would allow us to save input device with sound device inside a host, where as using seperate IAA midi devices can be a downright midi nightmare at times!

• @[Deleted User] said:

What about being able to 'play' two plug-ins at once without the need to use an external controller?
    Assigning favourite chords to pads for easy playing?
    Or sliders to easily control favourite parameters in a Plug-In or Plug-Ins from one place?

And use a unified input surface in any DAW that supports AUv3's?

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

What about being able to 'play' two plug-ins at once without the need to use an external controller?
    Or sliders to easily control favourite parameters in a Plug-In or Plug-Ins from one place?

Also take for example ApeMatrix. It’s built in keyboard is fixed to whatever you send midi to. If you wanted to slide from one synth on a page to another synth on a different page, the built in keyboard does not automatically change synths. You could do have a midi keyboard on each page for any synth you want!

• I think it> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Also take for example ApeMatrix. It’s built in keyboard is fixed to whatever you send midi to. If you wanted to slide from one synth on a page to another synth on a different page, the built in keyboard does not automatically change synths. You could do have a midi keyboard on each page for any synth you want!

Wouldn’t it be easier to have apematrix add this functionality internally?

• @[Deleted User] said:

Maybe but then you would not be able to use that 'function' in AUM or other AUv3 capable hosts.
    The point of AUv3's is to be able to use them in any host we decide to use.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I think it> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Adding it via AU Midi gives control and choice to the user and not just what one dev decides to add

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Maybe but then you would not be able to use that 'function' in AUM or other AUv3 capable hosts.
    The point of AUv3's is to be able to use them in any host we decide to use.

Or it could be a new standard for the hosts? It could be a more elegant way and with lower latency possibly. Also you don’t have to add multiple AU’s each time you are in the moment of playing.

• @[Deleted User] said:

Or it could be a new standard for the hosts? It could be a more elegant way and with lower latency possibly. Also you don’t have to add multiple AU’s each time you are in the moment of playing.

Yepp, and that 'routing task' is then something the host has to deal with.

One could for example from start assign a favourite AUv3 for all the inputs inside the host.

It would be like replacing the native input method in Cubasis, GarageBand, Auria, AUM, BM3 etc. depending on how much 'freedom' is given to us as users but technically it should be doable.

Personally I'm mostly happy with the keyboard/pads in Cubasis but it's a bit senile and forgets some settings between sessions and there's not way to 'set it's defaults' that really stick when creating a new session.

I would not have anything against being able to use the GarageBand or Animoog-Style keyboard as default in Cubasis given the choice :)

• edited July 2018

@crony said:
    Hello,

I tried MidiRoute, but it's really too simple...
    @brambos would you consider adding a keyboard controller to your Rozeta suite ?

It would have this features

1.State saving...
    2.multi out with multi channels
    3.keyboard splitting with midi channel assignable on each note...
    4.Aux knobs that you can dynamically create with mapping by midi learn of existing controllers for AUv3 and IAA synths.
    5.Feedback of values received then transmitted to a midi controller...Here this keyboard would find a way to get the values of a preset, then get them again if a preset is changed.
    6.Program Change implementation of the keyboard
    7.Sending PC to synths connected (if it support them...)
    8.A master midi panic button send to remote synths assignable to a midi controller.

Maybe ?
    7.Sending values to remote synths on loading presets from "rozeta keyboard"
    8.Link (if a synth is not IAA/Link and you want VCO's in sync.)

That would solve these problems, but maybe some others ?
    1.Implementing in all synths feedback values for midi controllers
    2.having an AUv3 keyboard in BeatMaker 3

Anyone else that would like this app can vote for it :)

That's an awful lot of features for a "simple" keyboard. : )

I'd like to see an AUv3 keyboard too but really just want a scale based tine thingy that I can bring up.

Bonus if it could do some smart UI adjustments when scaled down so that you could have a few open at once, pointed at different destinations. At that size, mostly for triggering/transposing other things, not 'playing' per se.

@sonosaurus PinkyJam? You can have the name for free, no worries. :wink:

• @Samu said:
    Instead of new plug-ins for the Rozeta suite I'd rather see a new 'Controller Surface AU' with customisable keys, pads, x & y pads, knobs & sliders, assign chords to pads. Maybe 8 'configs' per preset and when the AU is 'expanded'

+1000

I'd pay upwards of $10+ for something that allows customized controls as an AU... Not as deep as something like MDP or Lemur, but better than something like Sidecar.

• Chance/Probability/Trigs as an effect on an instrument and configuration of probability events within the effect.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.