Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fieldscaper Tutorial

This turned out a bit longer than I intended, but hopefully of some use to others.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • awesome! I don't know how to use this app very well at all, so this will prove most useful!

• thanks for the effort @MarkH and to you to Igor (the developer). This is an amazing app and when i get my VPN working again (i live in china) i'll eagerly be watching this.

• Brilliant thanks Mark. I know Fieldscaper is right up my street (literally!), but although it promises greatness, every time i fire it up I am completely baffled! Hopefully this will help.....thanks again......... :)

• edited July 2018

@MarkH said:
    This turned out a bit longer than I intended, but hopefully of some use to others.

Hi Mark!
    Happy to see a new tutorial from you!
    I’ve really enjoyed your tutorial for StepPolyArp, you was the one who sold me this amazing app! 👍

I will take time to watch your new video in the evening and I’m quite sure I will learn something new from you! Hui, almost 90 minutes... 😎

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us!

• This is helpful, would love to see a tutorial on sound scraper, I bought it thinking it would be simple to figure out, and maybe it is, but I can't really get it to work in practical ways lol

• Thank you very much, Mark, for this great journey into Fieldscaper. I learned a lot!

• I love that you have taken the time to do this! Thank you so much. I’m half way through and will finish it tomorrow. I have already learned a lot.

Fav quote: “some of this is a little bit hard to understand as it modifies a modifier to a modified thing, if you know what I mean”

You’re a star! :smiley:

• @MarkH , thank you for this, watched it last night, and your SPA video. Nice technique, very clear and informative.

• @MarkH you just sold this app to me. Thanks for great video

• Yes, thanks!!!!!

• Thanks all for the nice feedback. I will probably do another video about starting from the built-in presets and tweaking as a way of understanding what's going on. It's clear that a lot of thought has gone into the presets - it's very easy to generate horrible noises, but a bit harder to get something coherent :)

BTW, this image from Soundscaper sheds some light on the 'address' functions. It shows that SS models an actual sound processor chip with a megabyte of memory. This makes the numbers in Fieldscaper more logical: you need 20 bits (address lines) to address one megabyte and if it uses 8-bit audio sampling it will fill a megabyte with a sample rate of about 11.6kHz. Hence I'm pretty convinced the Fieldscaper 'address' functions just add a different front end to this same emulation. I don't think I will be able to resist buying Soundscaper too!

• Thanks again for the tutorial Mark. Very much appreciated! Your style made me feel like i had a very patient, & more knowledgable friend, gently guiding me towards a deeper understanding of something quite difficult to grasp. I am only half way through, but am psyching myself up for part two.
    I have Soundscaper as well, & although, again, i don't really understand what i am doing, i have managed to wrestle some useable (read: not just a terrible racket!! ) sounds out of it.

You should definitely get Soundscaper, I think you would really enjoy it............still pretty baffling, but slightly more accessible + if you do get it you can explain to the rest of us what the hell is going on!!!!!! :)

• Thank you very much for this very useful tutorial because nothing is obvious with this app!

• Currently on sale, go get it :)

• @MarkH your 75" SoundScaper tut is a masterpiece. Plz post the promised SC morph mode tutorial and the FieldScaper Looper tutorial.

• @mojozart said:
    @MarkH your 75" SoundScaper tut is a masterpiece. Plz post the promised SC morph mode tutorial and the FieldScaper Looper tutorial.

Thanks, I'll think about those two now you reminded me! Funnily enough I was just today thinking about doing another tutorial. That's for a non-scaper app - I won't say which one in case I don't do it :)

• More Fieldscaper nerdiness...

• @MarkH said:
    More Fieldscaper nerdiness...

Good work.

Your videos have got me to go back and re-examine FieldScaper and have a lot more useful fun with it. Thank you!

• Brilliant! I really enjoy your style of presentation where one looks over your shoulder, so to speak, watching you think. Makes this app much less intimidating.

• What say you on fieldscaper?

Dont have a mic. Not sure if id record loads of my own voice.

I guess it could be good with voices from say old movies.

Lets say I decided to make a glitch tune with a different sample every few beats. What can this achieve that all effects I have through either koala or even maybe eg's new sampler. Samples could end up in zones in Drambo sampler and a microkey air 61.

Fieldscaper might not add much to 1 shot samples, with all effects on ios, pitch, delay, distortions, granular etc.

Maybe just to create something different out of long audio?

• @MarkH thanks for the tutorial. i have a question : when i want to upload a sample in fieldscaper, i don’t have no other choice than the samples i recorded directly in the app. no dropbox option or else. any idea how i can upload them ?

• In the files app use the share option to open in FieldScaper.

• @mlau said:
    @MarkH thanks for the tutorial. i have a question : when i want to upload a sample in fieldscaper, i don’t have no other choice than the samples i recorded directly in the app. no dropbox option or else. any idea how i can upload them ?

I think I generally push files from AudioShare using the ‘share’ option. There’s also a ‘web access’ option in FieldScaper, which l think let’s you import directly over WiFi.

• @MarkH many thanks !

• Bump for the dev as I was actually speaking to him.

I think its quite profound in an abstract way.