Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

korg i wavestation importing wav??

is it possible to import and use my own wav files into i wavestation?

Comments

• Nope.

• Aye, it's a bummer that the answer is no.

• Yes, it’d be a great addition. But no.

I find that SynthScaper scratches a similar itch, even if the architecture is somewhat different. Might just be me though.

• I would have considered buying it if it did.

• aww that’s a bummer. you say synthscaper has a similar vibe?

• @eross said:
    aww that’s a bummer. you say synthscaper has a similar vibe?

Well, they appeal to me in a similar way, but it might be an idiosyncratic thing. I’ll be in the same headspace working with either one.

For creating complex, sample-based pads SynthScaper is outstanding. it does rhythms too, in various ways (sample looping, envelopes, lfos), although not ‘wave sequences’ in the wavestation style. I suppose you can import sample chains and loop those, but the architecture is different — each SynthScaper patch uses up to 9 samples (3 per osc) and offers 6 envelopes, 6 lfos and 3 effect slots (per osc), plus a fair few other things.

I dunno. I think it’s kind of a similar vibe. Even if you disagree, if you enjoy sound design I think it’s one to be aware of.

• @tomato_juice said:

@eross said:
    aww that’s a bummer. you say synthscaper has a similar vibe?

Well, they appeal to me in a similar way, but it might be an idiosyncratic thing. I’ll be in the same headspace working with either one.

For creating complex, sample-based pads SynthScaper is outstanding. it does rhythms too, in various ways (sample looping, envelopes, lfos), although not ‘wave sequences’ in the wavestation style. I suppose you can import sample chains and loop those, but the architecture is different — each SynthScaper patch uses up to 9 samples (3 per osc) and offers 6 envelopes, 6 lfos and 3 effect slots (per osc), plus a fair few other things.

I dunno. I think it’s kind of a similar vibe. Even if you disagree, if you enjoy sound design I think it’s one to be aware of.

cool i’ll ya e to check that out. i already ya e that app, but haven’t dug in to deep. i will now though. thanks

• I didn‘t find a way in synthscaper, to loop the samples on loop points - I couldn‘t set the points in the App, could I?

• How does synthscaper differ from fieldscaper ?

• @Satie said:
    I didn‘t find a way in synthscaper, to loop the samples on loop points - I couldn‘t set the points in the App, could I?

I didn’t either. I think you need to prep your samples elsewhere. SynthScaper will read loop points, if they’re already baked into the wav. Not sure how many apps can save loop points in wavs, though (‘acidized wavs’). The time I checked, BM3 could not. Ableton could not. SunVox could.

@Telstar5 said:
    How does synthscaper differ from fieldscaper ?

They’re very different. SynthScaper’s playable with a keyboard, for instance, and doesn’t have a recorder.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tomato_juice said:

Are there other apps that do wave sequences?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@tomato_juice said:

Are there other apps that do wave sequences?

By design, not that I’m aware of. Also curious. It might be possible with bm3 link groups, if you can stagger the triggers/envelopes on different pads (I’ve not tried).

• Even though It's not possible to use user samples there's literary a ton of wave-forms to play around with and the IAP cards extend the selection as well :)

Nah, what we need is a 'Korg Sampler' based around the HD-1 engine from the Kronos...

• So how do u import your own sounds then??

• edited August 2019

I want to make my own sounds, but don't know if or how that's a possible... As I don't own it, but I've heard some amazing ambient / Foley sounds .... And I wanna use it in gadget...
    So can I do this without a huge hassle ?? I don't know how to get sounds into this thing if I buy it

PLEASE SEND HELP 🙏 🤣
    AS IT IS STILL ON SALE AND I HAVE MONEY'S READY TO BLOW LOL

• @reasOne said:
    I want to make my own sounds, but don't know if or how that's a possible... As I don't own it, but I've heard some amazing ambient / Foley sounds .... And I wanna use it in gadget...
    So can I do this without a huge hassle ?? I don't know how to get sounds into this thing if I buy it

PLEASE SEND HELP 🙏 🤣

Try reading from the top of the page.

It no possible.

• @Jocphone said:

@reasOne said:

PLEASE SEND HELP 🙏 🤣

It no possible.

I saw you couldn't load wav but I didn't know if there was some other way, I hear all kinda cool sounds , so they are just tweaked form within ? Nothing added in ?

• @reasOne said:

I saw you couldn't load wav but I didn't know if there was some other way, I hear all kinda cool sounds , so they are just tweaked form within ? Nothing added in ?

There's like a LOT of waveforms in iWaveStation to construct own patches from and you can also find SysEx files on the Internet with patches made for the WaveStation. The IAPs that are available add quite a bunch of additional waveforms.

Sure I'd love to see the iWaveStation 'morph' in to the Kronos HD-1 engine (which is an 'updated' WaveStation) but also supports sampling :)

But for now, iWaveStation is a software re-creation of the original WaveStation with all extra PCM cards.(Thru IAP).

The 'WaveStation A/D' had audio inputs and could be used as a vocoder or external effects processor but that 'feature' is not present in iWaveStation. If iWaveStation makes it to AUv3 some day I do hope they add the A/D functionality to it :)

• @Samu said:
    If iWaveStation makes it to AUv3 some day I do hope they add the A/D functionality to it :)

I'd be happy with the first half of your sentence all by itself.

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:

There's like a LOT of waveforms in iWaveStation to construct own patches from and you can also find SysEx files on the Internet with patches made for the WaveStation. The IAPs that are available add quite a bunch of additional waveforms.

Sure I'd love to see the iWaveStation 'morph' in to the Kronos HD-1 engine (which is an 'updated' WaveStation) but also supports sampling :)

But for now, iWaveStation is a software re-creation of the original WaveStation with all extra PCM cards.(Thru IAP).

The 'WaveStation A/D' had audio inputs and could be used as a vocoder or external effects processor but that 'feature' is not present in iWaveStation. If iWaveStation makes it to AUv3 some day I do hope they add the A/D functionality to it :)

Thank you man! That clears the mystery up!
    Good to know it's loaded well with lots of sounds and options...
    Deff not against it going auv3 either! But I've been really enjoying the simplicity of gadget these past few weeks while I'm trying to tinker less and finish songs more, even if they blow haha
    I've spent the last year in AUM and audiobus fiddling around having much fun, but gadget and groovebox have been drawing me back in cuz they let me finish tracks with my limited skills 🤣
    So deff gonna grab this now at the half price and see how it treats me! Appreciate that info man

• @reasOne said:

@Jocphone said:

@reasOne said:

PLEASE SEND HELP 🙏 🤣

It no possible.

Sorry, yes, didn’t know what you didn’t know, if that makes sense?

Lots of waveforms built in, but it is a beast. Sounds like nothing else at times but can be confusing to work with until you find your way around.

• @Jocphone said:

@reasOne said:

@Jocphone said:

@reasOne said:

PLEASE SEND HELP 🙏 🤣

It no possible.

Sorry, yes, didn’t know what you didn’t know, if that makes sense?

Lots of waveforms built in, but it is a beast. Sounds like nothing else at times but can be confusing to work with until you find your way around.

I only know waht I've seen in videos or caught here randomly, but just grabbed it...i kinda like a hard to understand app lol makes it fun and real experimental at first, as long as it isn't impossible 😆 seems like this one shouldn't take too long to grasp once I dig in for a couple hours