Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

((Pro-Q 2)) by FabFilter = (EQualizer) - in the AppStore Now! - £28.99 - ((AU<3))

Comments

• @AudioGus said:
    Thanks for the lead ronji...

@Carnbot

interesting :)

Think I'm still waiting for AUM/apeMatrix (and when I can afford proQ2...again).
    I think NYcompressor AU supports sidechaining too.

• @Norbert said:

@realdawei said:
    The only problem with this AU is that’s it’s siblings aren’t here yet. Can we fast forward life a lil bit?

I hope C2 is next in line.

That has my vote. Or how about just release them all

• L2 for me please, but ya all of them

• @realdawei said:

@Norbert said:

@realdawei said:
    The only problem with this AU is that’s it’s siblings aren’t here yet. Can we fast forward life a lil bit?

I hope C2 is next in line.

That has my vote. Or how about just release them all

Well, I just can't afford to buy them all again. They are just too expensive to be bought twice. So Q2 et C2 for me. The others will remain in Auria cause I do the mastering only there anyway.

• It’s a tricky one this, all at the same time, or one by one.

I thought about this ever since the first day.

On the one hand it would be nice to have em all at once, but then there is the expense.

On the other hand there is the 1by1, slow spend, but is that too slow... Hmm..

But imagine them all in the AppStore, overnight, just like they are all in the Auria store, no waiting.. it would be very very very exciting!

And there (knowing FabFilter) would be a bundle or two.

I think I’m good either way, just knowing they’re on their way, brings a joy! ✌🏼

King

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot

Off topic but why have I never heard of this DAW? Lol sounds like it’s pretty nice. I really like the UI

• edited July 2018

@brice said:

Spectrum Grab Works!

Close the Analyzer panel then long-press anywhere on the spectrum. It’ll first turn purple and then blue. Once it has turned blue Spectrum Grab is active and you can start doing the amazing things you just learned from that YT tutorial.

Any particular YT video you'd recommend on this?

• @u0421793 said:
    I bought the Auria version of Pro Q the other week when it was on sale, and I’ve spent every hour of every day since then trying to get a shelf filter to be at -3.00 dB and I haven’t yet succeeded, nor have I eaten any meals, had any sleep, gone to work or gone to the toilet – not until I successfully position the node exactly where I specify it. Why are people saying this plugin is good – it is total shit. I can’t get it to be at -3.00dB, when I let go of the screen, it goes to a different amount. Even with the Apple penile. Are you all completely insane?

@u0421793 said:
    I bought the Auria version of Pro Q the other week when it was on sale, and I’ve spent every hour of every day since then trying to get a shelf filter to be at -3.00 dB and I haven’t yet succeeded, nor have I eaten any meals, had any sleep, gone to work or gone to the toilet – not until I successfully position the node exactly where I specify it. Why are people saying this plugin is good – it is total shit. I can’t get it to be at -3.00dB, when I let go of the screen, it goes to a different amount. Even with the Apple penile. Are you all completely insane?

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

• @u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

• @KING777 said:
    It’s a tricky one this, all at the same time, or one by one.

On the one hand it would be nice to have em all at once, but then there is the expense.

But imagine them all in the AppStore, overnight, just like they are all in the Auria store, no waiting.. it would be very very very exciting!

I think I’m good either way, just knowing they’re on their way, brings a joy! ✌🏼

King

@KING777 get out of my head please! Lol This is the exact kinds of monologues I have in my mind whilst setting mics up or fiddling with my setup.

Thing is FabFilter has to (re)release these (I assume) in a slower roll out to capitalize on the excitement of having their tools on iOS. Let's just say transferring their plugs code to be AUv3 compatible only takes them 15 minutes for each plug in (this is hypothetical! remember, it's probably more like 150 hours), if they released them all at once too much of the uniqueness of each app gets lost in the shuffle ...one or two at a time over a longer period enables them to hype up users of iOS music production who know of them & their rep ( pretty much most if us here) and more importantly educate those who are not familiar with their products why spending $30 on their EQ is wiser than spending $20 on six other halfass EQ apps.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot

Off topic but why have I never heard of this DAW? Lol sounds like it’s pretty nice. I really like the UI

This reply is mostly OT as well, but maybe because that DAW has the dreaded subscription model? They do have an IAP to flat-out buy for ~$30, which takes a lot of the sting out of the subscription model. Best of both worlds? Pretty cool that they did an update specially to support the FF Q-2 AU sidechain feature, plus AU MIDI FX like Rozeta. I may have to give it another shot...

• edited July 2018

@JRSIV said:

@KING777 said:
    It’s a tricky one this, all at the same time, or one by one.

King

@KING777 get out of my head please! Lol This is the exact kinds of monologues I have in my mind whilst setting mics up or fiddling with my setup.

Thing is FabFilter has to (re)release these (I assume) in a slower roll out to capitalize on the excitement of having their tools on iOS. Let's just say transferring their plugs code to be AUv3 compatible only takes them 15 minutes for each plug in (this is hypothetical! remember, it's probably more like 150 hours), if they released them all at once too much of the uniqueness of each app gets lost in the shuffle ...one or two at a time over a longer period enables them to hype up users of iOS music production who know of them & their rep ( pretty much most if us here) and more importantly educate those who are not familiar with their products why spending $30 on their EQ is wiser than spending $20 on six other halfass EQ apps.

@JRSIV hehe..

—————

The slow release (one by one) is good for the hype, also, so plugins don’t get overlooked because other ones take the limelight first, sort of thing.

Hmm.. they didn’t do that (1by1) within Auria, even knowing that the 'potential' amount of customers could be the same amount as if they were selling them standalone(s).

I guess peeps who have already bought all (or most) via Auria, wouldn’t mind seeing them all in the AppStore tomorrow.
    One reason is because they know them, so there wouldn’t be another learning process (for me anyway) with most of the plugins.

FF must understand and know that not all users of iPad (music makers etc), have Auria, so it won’t just be a case of repeat customers. Knowing that, slow release would make sense. However (hahaha) they might not care how long it takes a customer to learn, or the hype part, because they are already very well established.
    ... and now they will be able to gauge the market even better, because of Pro-Q 2.

One other main reason for a “all at the same time” is the bundle deals (if they have them). If they release 1b1 and customers bought them as they were released, then some customers may not even get in on a deal, and you know how some peeps can react to that, especially at a FF price point.
    So much to ponder and consider.

Conclusion; I want to know!
    And I wan em all..
    Again! 👍🏼

King

• I would imagine the reason for the staggered release is probably because there is one dev doing the porting, so they will be released as and when they are ready.

• @richardyot said:
    I would imagine the reason for the staggered release is probably because there is one dev doing the porting, so they will be released as and when they are ready.

Yeah, but how to we know that they are not all ready already ✌🏼

King

• edited July 2018

I guess the second release will tell all.

If it’s “all at the same time” then that’s obvious.

If it’s say 'Pro-C 2' then we know what we are in for..

Either way, this is such a great “dream come true” and I’m Loving every minute! and aspect!

One Love!

King

• edited July 2018

https://hyperbitsmusic.com/fab-filter-pro-q2/

1 Autogain

What does the autogain feature do? Well, it automatically compensates for an increase or decrease in gain when adding frequencies.
    Which means that it actually removes the volume addition when you’re adding frequencies. This allows you to be able to hear ONLY the added coloration. And this is huge because our ears love to trick ourselves into thinking that pretty much anything louder is going to sound better (which is definitely not the case).

2 Full Screen Mode

Did you know you can use Pro-Q2 in full-screen mode? Sure, it’s a pretty simple and straightforward feature of Pro-Q2, but a lot of producers aren’t aware of it.

I find it pretty useful for two reasons:
    For accuracy, because any detailed EQ work will be easier in full-screen mode.
    For creativity, because it has a beautiful graphic interface (and it get’s you in the f*cking creative zone)

3 Spectrum Grab Mode

Spectrum grab mode allows you to grab at those obvious, alarming peaks and harsh frequencies in your EQ spectrum by simply hovering over the analyzer.
    When combined with frequency sweeping + using your ears, spectrum grab mode is an extremely useful and time-saving tool.

4 Piano Display Mode

The most obvious benefit of turning on Piano Display in Fab Filter Pro-Q2, is now that every time you create a point or a node in the EQ spectrum, it tells you EXACTLY what frequency you are working.
    This is super helpful because it allows you to add or remove frequencies in relation to the key of the track.
    My favorite example of this? Just boost the low end of your kick in key with your track for a classic “professor move.”

5 Stereoize

These days, I feel like mid-side gets all the attention. But hey, classic left-right can be just as powerful because it allows you to add stereo differences to any sound by simple EQ-ing the left and right side differently.
    This is a really simple way to make something more stereo, which essentially makes any sound appear wider and bigger.

6 Side Chain Analyzer

This is the ultimate mixing aid.
    Think of all those times you wanted to EQ two separate sounds that might have conflicting EQ spectrums. This happens literally all the time in musis: kick-bass relationships, vocals layered over heavy mid-range chords, the list goes on and on. After some simple routing, Pro-Q2 can visually show the EQ spectrum of multiple sounds at once. This makes separating two sounds easier than ever.

7 EQ Matching

Generally speaking, EQ matching is a cool way to borrow or match the tonal characteristics of any reference audio signal. So yes, you could match your master EQ to a reference track (like most tutorials out there showcase).
    But you could also be a lot more specific & strategic, right? You could take the vocals you are currently mixing, and match them in EQ to an Acapella or a vocal stem you might already love.”

—————

It’s not Dan, but good still.

King

• edited July 2018

Here is a video tutorial that is looking at Pro-Q 2 - (iOS version) specifically.

This one reminded me of a function(s) I had forgotten about (zoom & scroll).

Check it out!

—————

✌🏼

King

• Has anyone gotten Pro-2 Q AUv3 working in AudioBus 3?
    When I add it to a track it cuts out all audio no matter how I tweak it, turning it off brings the audio back...

• No problems here.

• @NoiseHorse said:

No problems here.

That's the 'old' AB3... Maybe should have clarified AB3.1...

• Not sure if this is worth starting a new thread for. I just had an alarming bug-encounter using Pro-Q 2 in Cubasis.

I had a number of tracks with Pro-Q 2 (as an AUv3) in an effects slot already. Then I added it to one more track and Cubasis seemed to panic for a moment and then Pro-Q 2 was gone! Disappeared as soon as I added it! It was still in the effects slot, but the AUv3 window was empty.

Then I discovered every other instance of Pro-Q 2 in the project had also disappeared -- and in the same way: each one was still in its effects slot, and the AUv3 window still popped up, but empty. It seemed like Cubasis THOUGHT Pro-Q 2 was there, it just wasn't. (It also audibly wasn't -- i.e. it wasn't just a graphical glitch.)

Restarting Cubasis didn't help; restarting the ipad didn't help. (First-gen ipad pro, by the way.)

o:) The solution o:) I finally hit upon was to duplicate each track that was using the vanished plugin. The duplicated version loaded its instance of Pro-Q 2 no worries, settings intact thank goodness. Then I just deleted the original track. Doing this for multiple tracks was a tiny bit tedious but way better than redoing all of that EQ'ing from scratch.

So all's well for now, but I'm a bit worried about adding any more Pro-Q 2 instances, in case it happens again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a Pro-Q 2 thing or a Cubasis thing?

Just thought I'd share, in case the solution is helpful for anyone else.

• @zpxlng said:

It's probably the plugin hitting the AUv3 memory ceiling imposed by Apple (360Mb total memory for all instances of a plugin combined). Cubasis has no influence over this. Either Apple has to lift the limitation, or FF needs to make the plugin more frugal wrt memory usage to increase the maximum number of possible instances.

• @brambos said:

@zpxlng said:

It's probably the plugin hitting the AUv3 memory ceiling imposed by Apple (360Mb total memory for all instances of a plugin combined). Cubasis has no influence over this. Either Apple has to lift the limitation, or FF needs to make the plugin more frugal wrt memory usage to increase the maximum number of possible instances.

Huh. I'd seen you mention this limitation before but hadn't quite grasped it. Now I understand. So it doesn't matter how much memory my ipad actually has free -- there's this 360 MB ceiling there anyway?

Mannnnn, what is the point of having this fancy ipad! If it can't do fancy things!

To be fair I don't REALLY need Pro-Q 2 on some of these tracks... it's just so nice to use, and the visualiser/analyser is so handy.

Anyway, I've sent a bug report to FabFilter.

Thanks Brambé.

• edited July 2018

@zpxlng said:

@brambos said:

@zpxlng said:

Huh. I'd seen you mention this limitation before but hadn't quite grasped it. Now I understand. So it doesn't matter how much memory my ipad actually has free -- there's this 360 MB ceiling there anyway?

Mannnnn, what is the point of having this fancy ipad! If it can't do fancy things!

To be fair I don't REALLY need Pro-Q 2 on some of these tracks... it's just so nice to use, and the visualiser/analyser is so handy.

Anyway, I've sent a bug report to FabFilter.

Thanks Brambé.

Also @zpxlng, check out from page 8 of this very same thread, bout half way down:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27327/pro-q-2-by-fabfilter-equalizer-in-the-appstore-now-28-99-au/p8

King

• edited July 2018

Also..

@KING777 said:

@KING777 said:
    Couldn’t get 16 to load though, they all crash when loading the 15th or 16th..

Interesting..

—————

But 15 ^ @ 10%.

King

From Fab:

———

“We are aware of a problem when loading many instances and are currently investigating this.   Will be fixed in an update.”

———

King

King

• And for further discussion of this issue:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/520246

AUv3 still has some way to go IMO.

• Cheers all.

That memory limit thing is NUTSO UP THE BUTSO

• edited July 2018

@richardyot said:
    AUv3 still has some way to go IMO.

Ah well... at least Apple can lift this restriction at any moment without changing anything about the standard itself. It's just a limit in the OS, not in the standard. I suppose that in the iOS8 days (when they were working on AU) when the top of the line iPad had 1Gb ram, they wanted to prevent a single plugin to hog all system memory, negating the main advantage of having an audio plugin standard in the first place.

They probably never envisioned anyone trying to run more than half a dozen instances of the same plugin on a resource-constrained device anyway (although you can run 35 Ripplemakers before the memory limit kicks in). :)

That said.. they can now safely remove the limit...

• edited July 2018

GarageBand (2.3.5) was just updated but Pro-Q 2 still doesn't show up.
    Also I can't get Pro-Q 2 to play nicely with AB3.1, It just cuts out the audio on my Air 2, iOS11.4.1...