Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Mac OS/Windows] MUSIC SDP - New open source sound design platform.

Not your typical DAW, looks well suited to ambient and experimental music.
Its kind of like a big digital modular and its FREE :)
There are some good tutorial videos on the site that explain everything.

http://musicsdp.com/

Comments

• @1nsomniak said:
    Not your typical DAW, looks well suited to ambient and experimental music.
    Its kind of like a big digital modular and its FREE :)
    There are some good tutorial videos on the site that explain everything.

http://musicsdp.com/

Wow, good find. Never heard of this, will download and experiment later.

• edited July 2018

Indeed, it seems this exist since over a year and that is the first time i hear about it.....in a mobile forum inside an off topic thread. Wow. This is a wonderful and very powerful open source project.
    I just asked them for an iOS version :)
    This looks as much like the "modular" approach some wants to have from iOS ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Cib said:

Indeed.. that was my first thought. Another take on the modular/DAWless/no-timeline approach. In essence not unlike something like AUM but with lots of effects/plugins already built in.

• @Dawdles said:

@brambos said:

@Cib said:

Indeed.. that was my first thought. Another take on the modular/DAWless/no-timeline approach. In essence not unlike something like AUM but with lots of effects/plugins already built in.

Looks massively different to AUM imho? AUM is just a daw without built in sequencers. This Musicsdp and vcvrack etc are totally different because all modules can be seen in one purpose-built view and no fuss/menu dives for routing between all modules (in VCVrack at least, haven’t checked this new one out yet...)... to be fair both VCVrack and MusicSDP seem to have as much in common with Ableton instrument racks as they do with AUM, to me at least...

I'm not talking about how it looks. I'm talking about the underlying conceptual paradigm.

• but isn´t Drambo (maybe) not exact something like this. Of course if Drambo could load AUv3 it would be maybe the case. But still Drambo might be more interesting for me since it´s a "real" modular and works at audio rate (like VCV-rack).
    A thing i find more easy in iOS is to connecting several DAW´s inside one audio stream. Sure it´s possible on mac and windows but there i gave up mostly and stay in one DAW.
    But then there is Audulus which can do the same....?

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The video that they are recommending directly below the download does not exist anymore :neutral:

A bit strange

• edited July 2018

@1nsomniak: it is really cool that you don't sleep, thank you for the info!

• Thanks for the tip @1nsomniak
    Just the hit I need right now :smiley:

• @Dawdles said:
    Anyone check it out yet? Haven’t had time so far. Any good?

Ive watched all the tutorial videos and played with it for a bit.

Strengths are the many ways to automate all the parameters and chain the audio through various effects.

Weakness is the included sound sources don't sound great to me however it looks like you can use VST instruments which I haven't tried yet. Also with all the flexible routing it can get confusing where everything is going. It will start out logical but after juggling a few things you might end up with a feedback loop.
    Was also surprised it doesn't come with any demo set ups.

Those are my first impressions, I think it still has potential once I get more comfortable with it.