Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any chance of auv3 sampler ?

Comments

• @coolout said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

@brambos said:
    My point still stands. Anything that has to do with the combination of AUv3 and intensive file management is akin to opening a fresh bottle of horrors. Add to that the utter impossibility to make a sampler that will satisfy anyone's list of demands and you end up with a quest for pain and suffering. I know I'm staying far away from that.

Oh damn that was funny......LOL
    Oh come on Bram make the damn sampler, you know you can do it

SP1200 This is a sampler its almost 30 years old (We NEED a dope 12bit sampling app like this!)
    Bram if you make this you will be an I.O.S. legend

Yeah, most people only know the sound, but one of the things that made the SP1200 so great was the interface. It was so stripped down and easy to use. Everything was based on using the sliders for editing parameters. The manual was practically written on the front panel, so it’s impossible to get lost. By far the easiest sampler i’ve ever used.

A virtual iOS version would be incredible, but I doubt any developer could resist the temptation to ‘modernize’ and complicated it.

About 6 years ago I mentioned the wish of having the SP12(00) app.
    Developer could just copy the interface 1:1

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:
    Check the Quanta thread... the 3 pages of discussion about how to get a sample into it should be a hint about why there is no simple AUv3 sampler yet ;)

Sample Import is easy. Just tap the disk icon and browse to a file :)

It's the preset import that caused all the havoc hahaha...
    And some users having iOS issues with Safari (my guess is old iOS version).

My point still stands. Anything that has to do with the combination of AUv3 and intensive file management is akin to opening a fresh bottle of horrors. Add to that the utter impossibility to make a sampler that will satisfy anyone's list of demands and you end up with a quest for pain and suffering. I know I'm staying far away from that.

This is why I prefer to do any of my sample importing in the standalone app.

• @R_2 said:

@coolout said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

@brambos said:

SP1200 This is a sampler its almost 30 years old (We NEED a dope 12bit sampling app like this!)

Yeah, most people only know the sound, but one of the things that made the SP1200 so great was the interface. It was so stripped down and easy to use. Everything was based on using the sliders for editing parameters. The manual was practically written on the front panel, so it’s impossible to get lost. By far the easiest sampler i’ve ever used.

A virtual iOS version would be incredible, but I doubt any developer could resist the temptation to ‘modernize’ and complicated it.

Jesus I thought that was real for a moment then !!!!

• @CRAKROX said:

@R_2 said:

@coolout said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

@brambos said:

Jesus I thought that was real for a moment then !!!!

Smooth maybe one day Emu will do this Imagine that

• I don’t want another regular sampler...I want a sample mangling beast like the full version of alchemy or iris 2 or vsynth!
    I want sampling to finally level up to something new and exciting. I’m synthed out on iPad.

• edited July 2018

@r_2 is it universal? :o

Just joshing you... That’s a really nice design!

• ALERT NEW APP COMING THAT IS A SAMPLE MUSIC MAKER!

That's alll I can share this moment!

Stay tuned

• @RUST( i )K said:
    ALERT NEW APP COMING THAT IS A SAMPLE MUSIC MAKER!

Stay tuned

Speak now !
    Or at least when ?

• @RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

Is it AU ?

• I'm in a 'super speculative' mood so I'm guessing AudioCopy.app will get an AUv3 Plug-In and Files.app support :D

• EXS24? Best sampler ever....

• @Cib said:
    EXS24? Best sampler ever....

As a Sample Player yes, but it can't properly record and edit samples.
    The UI of the ESX24 is so out-dated it hurts.

I so much prefer to use my samples with Alchemy instead of ESX24 inside LogicPro X :)

Using AudioTracks to 'sample' is still a 'work around' and slows things down.
    And the 'sample/audio editor' in Logic Pro X is honestly quite lacking...

• @Cib yep, miss it from my Logic days (Logic 5.5.1, the last version for Microsoft Windows before Apple bought it, still sitting on the old P4 in the attic, fully installed and ready to rumble 😉)

• Dreaming for Geist2 port ,but I don’t think it would make sense as AU

• Gimme Ableton Simpler as an AUv3 with Files.app support and I'll shut up for a while :)

• tt’s really not about the sound for me. I> @R_2 said:

@coolout said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

@brambos said:

That is dead sexy.

• @coolout said:
    tt’s really not about the sound for me. I> @R_2 said:

@coolout said:

@oldschoolwillie said:

@brambos said:

That is dead sexy.

@coolout Did you say “sexy” stop !!!!!!

• @Samu said:
    I'm in a 'super speculative' mood so I'm guessing AudioCopy.app will get an AUv3 Plug-In and Files.app support :D

Yes to files.app

• @RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

Not Fair to tease a bunch of appaholics like that
    Most of us almost went off the deep end over the Quanta delay now this....LOL!

• @RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

iMPC Pro 3? (Sorry could not resist).

• @Samu said:
    I'm in a 'super speculative' mood so I'm guessing AudioCopy.app will get an AUv3 Plug-In and Files.app support :D

I’m thinking you should be on every developers speed dial. If samu don’t approve I don’t approve lol

• @stormywaterz said:

@Samu said:

I’m thinking you should be on every developers speed dial. If samu don’t approve I don’t approve lol

Even If I was on a 'speed dial' I doubt they would listen since I'm just one person among others so my say has unfortunately no more weight than others when it counts.

Sometimes I feel that I'm just an 'annoyance' to developers since I manage to pick features that were ignored or down-prioritised during development...

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Loopy 3?

Did I miss Loopy 2 ??.?.??.?

• @CRAKROX said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

Is it AU ?

Yep.

• @Samu said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

iMPC Pro 3? (Sorry could not resist).

Stop it....LOL

• edited July 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@CRAKROX said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

Is it AU ?

Yep.

Good news ! I’m in, is it in Beta ? (Hopefully it is then the wait will not be as long.)

• @RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

Not a VirSyn sampler per chance??

• edited August 2018

@gusgranite said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Stay tuned

Not a VirSyn sampler per chance??