Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy hd

I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I couldn't find where to s arch this forum, is there is a search function? And 2ndly.....I have loopy, is it worth a he upgrade to the hd version. What is the differences?

Comments

• edited July 2018

@therockalternative said:
    I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I couldn't find where to s arch this forum, is there is a search function? And 2ndly.....I have loopy, is it worth a he upgrade to the hd version. What is the differences?

I think screen orientation is slightly different...resolution?

Settings like limiter and reverb.

I don't even know.

I bought the HD version first.

But, I say buy it to support the developer who works like a dog if you have a couple bucks to spare.

<3

• I bought HD first also so can’t compare. HD might be for iPad(?). Maybe @Michael could chime in.
    Either way it is a must have especially for the price point.
    Of course Loopy Pro is on the horizon and not sure if that will be an upgrade or separate purchase. I’m going to get it regardless.

• When you are on the Forum "Home" page there's a "SEARCH box at the top.
    It works really well to find discussion threads that contain the "keyword(s)" input.

https://forum.audiob.us/

If you find a great thread but it doesn't have the right information just comment on the bottom of that thread and will be be on the Front Page again. Sometimes this is confusing given the older SUBJECT line but that seems better than spinning up a lot of threads IMHO.

• @Ben said:
    I bought HD first also so can’t compare. HD might be for iPad(?). Maybe @Michael could chime in.
    Of course Loopy Pro is on the horizon and not sure if that will be an upgrade or separate purchase. I’m going to get it regardless.

What horizon? Any news?

• I don’t have any insider news sadly. I’ve been champing at the bit ever since the Loopy Masterpiece project was announced.
    Having Samplebot is a nice tide over. Love the ability to trim/edit samples. Labeling is very cool too. I suspect (hope) Loopy Pro will do all that and more.

• Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

• @supadom said:
    Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = universal

• @Munibeast said:

@supadom said:
    Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = universal

Yup, you’re the best ;)

• @supadom said:

@Munibeast said:

@supadom said:
    Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = universal

Yup, you’re the best ;)

But wait, if Loopy HD is universal then why the old iPhone loopy is still knocking about the old shop?

• @supadom said:

@supadom said:

@Munibeast said:

@supadom said:
    Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = universal

Yup, you’re the best ;)

But wait, if Loopy HD is universal then why the old iPhone loopy is still knocking about the old shop?

That’s a question @Michael could answer best

• It's a fine question; my main reason is because the formula has worked so far and I don't wanna change it (Loopy non-hd is cheaper so those who want to pay less, can, so I can target several price points). I probably wouldn't do it that way now, particularly given that most apps are universal now, but it made sense when I launched it, and I just haven't changed things!

• @Dubbylabby said:

@Ben said:
    I bought HD first also so can’t compare. HD might be for iPad(?). Maybe @Michael could chime in.

What horizon? Any news?

No news just yet - I was hoping to have it long released by now, but fatherhood somewhat interfered, along with Audiobus :smirk:

• @Michael said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Ben said:

What horizon? Any news?

No news just yet - I was hoping to have it long released by now, but fatherhood somewhat interfered, along with Audiobus :smirk:

Just the easy part... hard will be iron bugging iOS12... :trollface:

Take your time and enjoy it and do the same with your personal le version too :lol:

;)

• @Michael said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Ben said:

What horizon? Any news?

If you have any Audiobussers close by, I think most would volunteer free nanny services.

• @Michael If I was anywhere near you I would totally volunteer. You are the godfather of iOS music so I feel indebted.

<3 and best of luck with fatherhood.

• @supadom said:

@Munibeast said:

@supadom said:
    Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = universal

Yup, you’re the best beast ;)

Fixed it for you.

• @syrupcore said:

@supadom said:

@Munibeast said:

@supadom said:
    Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = iPad

Loopy = iPhone
    Loopy HD = universal

Yup, you’re the best beast ;)

Fixed it for you.

I was never great at maths

• Didn’t know that this did multiple outputs.. So it can be done.. would be nice on Launchpad, Blocs....😷

• Is it possible to set up a midi binding to turn synchronize tracks off? I was just doing a looping session and at one point wanted to have one loop to be independent of the other loops. So, I was wondering if I could set up a MIDI binding to be able to toggle the setting.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is it possible to set up a midi binding to turn synchronize tracks off? I was just doing a looping session and at one point wanted to have one loop to be independent of the other loops. So, I was wondering if I could set up a MIDI binding to be able to toggle the setting.

I just realized that one doesn’t need to toggle synchronize tracks. It seems that one can override the record quantizing by tapping a second time on the red button in the AB palette and tapping when you are done.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Is it possible to set up a midi binding to turn synchronize tracks off? I was just doing a looping session and at one point wanted to have one loop to be independent of the other loops. So, I was wondering if I could set up a MIDI binding to be able to toggle the setting.

I just realized that one doesn’t need to toggle synchronize tracks. It seems that one can override the record quantizing by tapping a second time on the red button in the AB palette and tapping when you are done.

That's pretty cool. Didn't know that trick!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

Me neither. Loopy is sooo deep and solid. Just did a 12-track ambient session swapping cpu-heavy synths in and out as I built things up. CPU was on 30% with a reverb send and all tracks on their own channels in AUM. I haven’t had a single crash. IPad 6th Gen and iOS 12.2

• @espiegel123 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

Me neither. Loopy is sooo deep and solid. Just did a 12-track ambient session swapping cpu-heavy synths in and out as I built things up. CPU was on 30% with a reverb send and all tracks on their own channels in AUM. I haven’t had a single crash. IPad 6th Gen and iOS 12.2

Aye, Loopy is still the gold standard!

• Loopy!!!

• So i recently bought loopy for iphone not the hd version, does anyone know why it has been removed from the appstore

• @Unordinary said:
    So i recently bought loopy for iphone not the hd version, does anyone know why it has been removed from the

Probably because the hd version is universal

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Unordinary said:
    So i recently bought loopy for iphone not the hd version, does anyone know why it has been removed from the

Probably because the hd version is universal

Fwiw, having Loopy and Loopy HD on the same device can be useful: it gives you 24 tracks which can be useful.