Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waves Mercury on Sale for 16 more hours.

edited July 2018 in Other

https://www.waves.com

Now that's a real bargain costing less than two 512gb 12.9" iPad Pros. :smirk: The outrageous price does put the iOS Pro-Q2 AU's $29.99 price tag issue into perspective, but if you do use a PC/Mac and are a Waves fan, maybe it is a good bargain. Not sure. :)

Comments

• 165 plugins lol

• I'll take 3 :|

• They could do an 'Audio Damage' for iOS plug-ins and move the the price-point to $199 and it would sell like hot-cackes :)

• I am sort of out of touch.

I am some how not seeing a bargain for my current perspective and needs regarding products like this.

My iOS devices and MacBook with Ableton, Cross DJ, and DHALANG are fine for me.........LOL

I am closing on a house........ this isn't in the budget this second.

• Just to clarify, this thread is meant to be tongue-in-cheek about what a stupidly overpriced ripoff Waves' "deal" is. "Oh, we reduced our ridiculously high-priced plugins by about $5000". Right, Fabfilter's plugins on both iOS AND PC/Mac sound worlds better than what Waves puts out. :smirk:

• edited July 2018

It's actually much worse a deal than it appears. Unlike pretty much every other company, Waves charges a fee (WUP) to keep their plugs up to date. They are happy to sell you a plugin for a few bucks but the "actual" cost of the plugin may be $199. You are on the hook for a percentage of that if you need to upgrade to a new version of Waves.

You also discover that if you decide to sell it, the transfer fee is a percentage of the $199. Even though you couldn't buy it for $199 if you wanted to--it always sells for $29.

Anyway, a lot of these plugins in this bundle are really old and were sold for a small fortune to studios years ago when Waves controlled the ProTools market. They're paid for. So they can give them away without a worry, and then get people on the hook for the WUP.

But on one of the other forums I frequent people are chomping at the bit for these ridiculous Waves "deals."

It is true that if you already have some Waves plugs (like a Gold Bundle, say) the cost is MUCH less.

But there are real deals that come up if you know what you want and are alert. I recently bought the Chris Lord-Alge Signature bundle, which is 6 plugins that regularly sell for $29-$39 each--for $31. Of course, the Waves price for that is $399. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Just to clarify, this thread is meant to be tongue-in-cheek about what a stupidly overpriced ripoff Waves' "deal" is. "Oh, we reduced our ridiculously high-priced plugins by about $5000". Right, Fabfilter's plugins on both iOS AND PC/Mac sound worlds better than what Waves puts out. :smirk:

my bad for not getting it.

we just thought you be ballin! LOL

• Abbey road plates is incredible. But this deal doesn't interest me at all. I have a small selection of waves plugins all bought for very little, and they get a lot of use. But if I'm spending 2k, it's going to be on hardware.

• This was an offer I couldn’t refuse.

• edited July 2018

@Kühl said:
    This was an offer I couldn’t refuse.

I meant to say: This was not an offer I COULD refuse...

😝

• @Kühl said:

@Kühl said:

😝

Isn't that a double negative?

• edited July 2018

Im going to wait until this bundle pops up at $29, it's only a matter of time!!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Im going to wait until this bundle pops up at $29, it's only a matter of time!!

Maybe 100 years from now. :smirk:

• I could see this being a good deal to someone wanting to upgrade their professional studio. But i dont think any (non millionaire) hobbyist would be willing to pay for these

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mrufino1 said:

@Kühl said:

@Kühl said:

😝

LoL

• The Abbey Rd Collection is now £155.00 from the link below. It now includes the new Abbey Road Chambers + the other eight plug-ins. I reckon these are the best of the Waves plugs, the reverb plates are very good indeed, as are all the plug-ins in this collection. The reverb plates are a bit cpu intensive though. Don't know how long this is on for......... they have all been updated to version 10 in this bundle..........

https://www.musicmatter.co.uk/waves-abbey-road-collection-native

• @mrufino1 said:

@Kühl said:

@Kühl said:

😝

Double negatives are a no-no.

• @u0421793 said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Kühl said:

@Kühl said:

😝

They are certainly not positive

• @Kühl said:

They are not certainly not positive. They are positive but on the border of uncertain yet still un-uncertain. Does German allow these ill-illlogical constructs leading to pro-confusion? I would hope German is more precise and less obtuse. I'd expect all the Nordic languages to follow suit. Discuss or percuss.

• Saturation point looms

• @Kühl said:

@Kühl said:

😝

I saw what you did there, Kuhl. You and Donald Trump! :smile:

• @Clam said:

@Kühl said:

@Kühl said:

😝

I saw what you did there, Kuhl. You and Donald Trump! :smile:

I was only unmasking him :smile:

• @McDtracy said:

@Kühl said:

They are not certainly not positive. They are positive but on the border of uncertain yet still un-uncertain. Does German allow these ill-illlogical constructs leading to pro-confusion? I would hope German is more precise and less obtuse. I'd expect all the Nordic languages to follow suit. Discuss or percuss.

I can only speak for the Nordic languages, and yes it’s fully possible...
    Or I should say: no, it’s fully not impossible to not undo it in Norwegian LoL

“Denne setningen er ikke sann” er det løgn eller sannhet?

We’re way off topic, but that’s just to celebrate AB 3.1 It’s so perfect there’s nothing more to say 😊