Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FREE: QUANTA FILE KIT

The majority of these are actually from the Alchemy VST along with some other stuff.

They are all at 120 bpm and a C note for the majority.

They are and have been a valuable part of my music making at times and the IDEAL sounds for amazing sounds in Quanta.

Thought you would enjoy.

Grab this now because after a time I will take the link off.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nwjscy1zku6aoln/AABzcU22W51tQfL17zTboBRPa?dl=0

Comments

• Hey mate, thanks for sharing!
    I am excited to test these out!
    Even though I am anxious about the safari deathbug still.
    But I will be able to hear the dropbox files anyways! So,... thanks again!

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey mate, thanks for sharing!

Safari death bug?

Oh lawd.

• Thanks you :)

• Sweet !!!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@david_2017 said:
    Hey mate, thanks for sharing!

Safari death bug?

Oh lawd.

Downloaded. Wow, cool. So we can sum up, rhythmical stuff goes really nice with quanta.

yeah, I bought quanta right from the start, and then someone suggested some preset pack. downloaded it. tried to implement it into quanta and then it happened. quanta crashed. nothing wild, right?
    Not in this case (and some other had the same crap too), safari bricked.
    Whenever I tried to enter something into Safari url line, the whole app froze and crashed, no keyboard popped up and thats it. tried everything. restoration from backup helped finally. really annoying!

• @david_2017 said:

Just a tip. I don't use Safari to download files at all as it's really bad at doing that properly...
    Documents by Readle is a joy to use in comparison and includes a 'browser' for web-downloads.

It can also act as a 'helper', so when you find a Safari URL you wan't to download, copy the link and add a 'r' to the URL to download it with Documents (ie. instead of http use rhttp).

• @Samu said:

@david_2017 said:

Just a tip. I don't use Safari to download files at all as it's really bad at doing that properly...
    Documents by Readle is a joy to use in comparison and includes a 'browser' for web-downloads.

It can also act as a 'helper', so when you find a Safari URL you wan't to download, copy the link and add a 'r' to the URL to download it with Documents (ie. instead of http use rhttp).

cool thanks for sharing... sounding good.
    So, using safari to download the audio bomb presets bricked it? If I had taken another browser, safari would have never been afflicted by this?! oh man....

• @david_2017 said:

So, using safari to download the audio bomb presets bricked it? If I had taken another browser, safari would have never been afflicted by this?! oh man....

It didn't brick my iPad.

But I've read that the 'cache'(not the one you can manually clean) in Safari will grow over time and can NOT manually be deleted, the system apparently does 'clean up' when ever it feels like it...

Some users have had over 12GB of stuff in 'Safari' and the only way to clean it is to restore the device and if possible avoid restoring from a iTunes backup since that stores some cached files. iCloud Backup doesn't store these cached files but 5GB is not enough for me and I have no urge to pay extra AppleTax for +200GB just to do backups.

I've never had to restore my iPad from scratch but I may do it once iOS12 is out for a 'clean start'.

• Nice, thanks!

• Thank you 😊

• @lasselu said:
    Nice, thanks!

@Martinj said:
    Thank you 😊

@MrBlaschke said:
    Thanks you :)

@reasOne said:
    Sweet !!!

My pleasure.

Enjoy.

Variety of sounds ranging from harder side to ethnic to ambient.

I consider it a full spectrum of sounds for this app to really test the limits of what we each can come up with.

I am hoping to have preset bank sharing in this app soon......

• Cheers Paul!
    Gonna love these in all kinds of ways!

• Top stuff. Much appreciated @RUST( i )K

• @Samu said:

@david_2017 said:

It didn't brick my iPad.

But I've read that the 'cache'(not the one you can manually clean) in Safari will grow over time and can NOT manually be deleted, the system apparently does 'clean up' when ever it feels like it...

Some users have had over 12GB of stuff in 'Safari' and the only way to clean it is to restore the device and if possible avoid restoring from a iTunes backup since that stores some cached files. iCloud Backup doesn't store these cached files but 5GB is not enough for me and I have no urge to pay extra AppleTax for +200GB just to do backups.

I've never had to restore my iPad from scratch but I may do it once iOS12 is out for a 'clean start'.

I was going to buy Quanta, but waiting for a fresh iTunes card.

However, I've put the brakes on getting Quanta due to these postings saying stuff like you might have to restore your iPad importing presets or "bricking your iPad", etc. WHAT?!!!

I didn't read the whole long other thread... but what's the deal with this? I'm asking you because of a quick scan of the other thread seems like you're the one reporting most of these bugs, or issues.

What's the deal in a nutshell? I want Quanta for sure, but if there's some major potential issue that would require a complete restore, or bricking my iPad... I don't want it THAT bad. ;)

Has something been severely miscommunicated on this? Or, is there really a serious problem with this app?

• @skiphunt said:

Has something been severely miscommunicated on this? Or, is there really a serious problem with this app?

I've not had any issues with it after multiple un-installs and re-installs and our friend @thesoundtestroom has obviously NOT had any issues with it otherwise he would have not been able to make the video.

My conclusion is that this is a single incident that has been blow out of proportion, but that's just me...

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

I've not had any issues with it after multiple un-installs and re-installs and our friend @thesoundtestroom has obviously NOT had any issues with it otherwise he would have not been able to make the video.

My conclusion is that this is a single incident that has been blow out of proportion, but that's just me...

Hmmm... ok. That does happen a lot here. ;)

Might just hold off until the first update. It looks like the dev @Chris_Randall is on the case regarding whatever it may or may not be. There do seem to be plenty who don't appear to have any problems at all. I just noticed your name popping up frequently in those other threads with what appeared to be issues.

Have read about crackles some, but that doesn't really bother me much for a launch version.

I also know there are many here who don't like to update their iOS, or are running beta versions of iOS12 without mentioning that fact... so it's often difficult to get a clear picture if there's really a credible issue or not.

I've got all of the Audio Damage apps and have faith that if there are any launch bugs, the dev will have them squashed in no time.

• Thanks Mr. RUST(i)K you are the boss!

• @skiphunt said:

I also know there are many here who don't like to update their iOS

I know and that 'bugs' me since they wan't to use 'cutting edge' iOS features (AUv3, Files.app etc) and then don't bother to keep their systems up-to-date. (Only 'real' Issues I've had are some 'apps' hijacking the AudioShare protocol meaning they get launched instead of AudioShare and out-dated 'Audio Paste SDK' in some older apps).

Even though it's not explicitly stated in the iOS update notes there's quite a bunch of under-the-hood fixes.

or are running beta versions of iOS12 without mentioning that fact...

I try to stay away from beta-relases, but I do keep my Air 2 as up-to-date as I possible can :)

so it's often difficult to get a clear picture if there's really a credible issue or not.

True, that's why I feel it's very important to state the iPad model and iOS version (and in some cases app-version) when bumping into issues since the issues could be caused by an out-dated iOS & App version.

I can only share my own experience using the Air 2 since I don't have any other devices at the moment.

I've got all of the Audio Damage apps and have faith that if there are any launch bugs, the dev will have them squashed in no time.

I've got them all as well :)

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

To be fair there's been at least four reports now of Safari issues so far, and the latest one in the other thread is more disturbing - as they haven't mentioned installing the additional patches.

I've been looking forward to this being released, but my butt's well and truly fence-bound for now.

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

I also know there are many here who don't like to update their iOS

I know and that 'bugs' me since they wan't to use 'cutting edge' iOS features (AUv3, Files.app etc) and then don't bother to keep their systems up-to-date. (Only 'real' Issues I've had are some 'apps' hijacking the AudioShare protocol meaning they get launched instead of AudioShare and out-dated 'Audio Paste SDK' in some older apps).

Even though it's not explicitly stated in the iOS update notes there's quite a bunch of under-the-hood fixes.

or are running beta versions of iOS12 without mentioning that fact...

I try to stay away from beta-relases, but I do keep my Air 2 as up-to-date as I possible can :)

so it's often difficult to get a clear picture if there's really a credible issue or not.

True, that's why I feel it's very important to state the iPad model and iOS version (and in some cases app-version) when bumping into issues since the issues could be caused by an out-dated iOS & App version.

I can only share my own experience using the Air 2 since I don't have any other devices at the moment.

I've got them all as well :)

Cheers!

Ok... sooo... are the issues reported that have to do with Safari, etc. related SOLELY to importing other user's presets?

In other words, if I'm not interested in immediately trying out other's presets, only using the ones Quanta ships with, or creating my own... then there really aren't any issues at all... is this correct?

• @skiphunt said:

Ok... sooo... are the issues reported that have to do with Safari, etc. related SOLELY to importing other user's presets?

That is how I interpret it.

Quanta ships with 1 'default' preset.
    The optional factory content can be download from the app, there's a button for it when opening the preset panel.

In other words, if I'm not interested in immediately trying out other's presets, only using the ones Quanta ships with, or creating my own... then there really aren't any issues at all... is this correct?

As far as I've understood it yes.

The 'problem' as I've understood it surfaced when someone tried to download the extra AudioBomb presets using Safari...

It's a real PITA for the Developer to troubleshoot this without any kind of error-logs and since I can't replicate the problem I'm of no use for further assistance.

• edited July 2018

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

That is how I interpret it.

Quanta ships with 1 'default' preset.
    The optional factory content can be download from the app, there's a button for it when opening the preset panel.

As far as I've understood it yes.

The 'problem' as I've understood it surfaced when someone tried to download the extra AudioBomb presets using Safari...

It's a real PITA for the Developer to troubleshoot this without any kind of error-logs and since I can't replicate the problem I'm of no use for further assistance.

Ahhh... so you have only installed/downloaded the factory content and/or made your own... and you've not personally experienced any of the reported issues related to Safari and/or excessive crackling?

• @skiphunt said:

Ahhh... so you have only installed/downloaded the factory content and/or made your own... and you've not personally experienced any of the reported issues related to Safari and/or excessive crackling?

I have installed the AudioBomb presets too without any issues, and YES downloaded them using both Safari and Documents by Readle just to check if I could replicate the problem...

As for 'crackling' when it comes to 'voice-stealing' on rare occasions when playing bigger chords and I do wish there was a way to increase the polyphony, 6 voices is on the lower side even for a few 3 note chords...

The 'grain engine' in Quanta is not of the 'smooth type' it can get really nasty and that's the way I like it ;)

• edited July 2018

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

I have installed the AudioBomb presets too without any issues, and YES downloaded them using both Safari and Documents by Readle just to check if I could replicate the problem...

As for 'crackling' when it comes to 'voice-stealing' on rare occasions when playing bigger chords and I do wish there was a way to increase the polyphony, 6 voices is on the lower side even for a few 3 note chords...

The 'grain engine' in Quanta is not of the 'smooth type' it can get really nasty and that's the way I like it ;)

Yes, I like it nasty too. ;) Just picked up a CD that was released back in the 90's called 94Diskont by Oval... that was way before it's time if you dig such sound. You can listen to it on spotify for free. Great stuff and chock full of the glitchy nasties. :)

https://open.spotify.com/album/33xUwaoTPJ9aNbCJZEpRol?si=29a_j2iRQw6fTwiW-7Evjw

• @skiphunt said:

Yes, I like it nasty too. ;) Just picked up a CD that was released back in the 90's called 94Diskont... that was way before it's time if you dig such sound. You can listen to it on spotify for free. Great stuff and chock full of the glitchy nasties. :)

Be sure to let us all know how it goes for you when you decide to do the Quanta thing :)

• edited July 2018

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

I experienced a similar issue with the Safari freeze when using the search in the URL site area at the top of the browser. I’d never had any issues with Safari before this. I did update to iOS 11.4.1, purchased Quanta, and downloaded the preset zip to AudioShare and installed it in Quanta successfully as @Samu instructed in that order and about 30-60 minutes after, the issue with Safari started up. Clearing the cache, toggling settings off, and hard reset did not resolve the issue. I can access Google search using favorites to find what I want however when I click in the URL area at the top of Safari, the keyboard doesn’t show up and Safari crashes after a couple of seconds. Correlation is not causation. If any of these three factors caused this Safari bug, my bet would be on iOS 11.4.1 or the download of the Quanta presets. Will see if any more information about this Safari bug comes to light before taking any more action. Highly doubt it had anything to do with downloading the Quanta app itself though this is all conjecture on my part.

At this point I think there have been 3-4 of us that have experienced the Safari URL bug freeze in association with the Quanta, preset download. At least one person didn’t have 11.4.1 installed and this Safari bug has been reported before.

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Yes, I like it nasty too. ;) Just picked up a CD that was released back in the 90's called 94Diskont... that was way before it's time if you dig such sound. You can listen to it on spotify for free. Great stuff and chock full of the glitchy nasties. :)

Be sure to let us all know how it goes for you when you decide to do the Quanta thing :)

Was going to grab it for the weekend, but only inquiring to see if the problems were really as widespread as it seems from the other threads, before deciding to wait until right before the end of the launch sale with hopes of an update. But, I know you try to run the latest iOS (as do I) and would most likely make sure any issues weren't on your end before reporting them... so that's why I asked.

Sounds like it's safe to get and enjoy, but might want to hold off on 3rd party presets for now, at least until the next update.

• edited July 2018

@InfoCheck said:

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

I experienced a similar issue with the Safari freeze when using the search in the URL site area at the top of the browser. I’d never had any issues with Safari before this. I did update to iOS 11.4.1, purchased Quanta, and downloaded the preset zip to AudioShare and installed it in Quanta successfully as @Samu instructed in that order and about 30-60 minutes after, the issue with Safari started up. Clearing the cache, toggling settings off, and hard reset did not resolve the issue. I can access Google search using favorites to find what I want however when I click in the URL area at the top of Safari, the keyboard doesn’t show up and Safari crashes after a couple of seconds. Correlation is not causation. If any of these three factors caused this Safari bug, my bet would be on iOS 11.4.1 or the download of the Quanta presets. Will see if any more information about this Safari bug comes to light before taking any more action. Highly doubt it had anything to do with downloading the Quanta app itself though this is all conjecture on my part.

At this point I think there have been 3-4 of us that have experienced the Safari URL bug freeze in association with the Quanta, preset download. At least one person didn’t have 11.4.1 installed and this Safari bug has been reported before.

I've updated to 11.4.1 and noticed a couple of bugs in other apps that I know weren't there before. Apps that I use every day. So, pinpointing iOS11.4.1 as a potential culprit is reasonable.

So your issue also was ONLY related to installing 3rd party presets correct? And, do you believe that had you ONLY installed Quanta, the in-app factory downloads, and creating your own presets... that you would not have had any issues at all with Safari, etc.?

• Very generous, top shelf samples. Thank-you!

• edited July 2018

@skiphunt said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

I've updated to 11.4.1 and noticed a couple of bugs in other apps that I know weren't there before. Apps that I use every day. So, pinpointing iOS11.4.1 as a potential culprit is reasonable.

So your issue also was ONLY related to installing 3rd party presets correct? And, do you believe that had you ONLY installed Quanta, the in-app factory downloads, and creating your own presets... that you would not have had any issues at all with Safari, etc.?

I can only speculate. I did just finish a chat with Apple Support online and the only solution turned out to be a factory reset, restoration of app data from backup, and downloading the apps from the App Store. With the exception of a few Apple apps, I can delete and restore them individually. You can’t delete Safari or the Messages apps. I’ll wait until the next iOS update as I have other browsers and can still use Safari if I don’t use the URL bar rather exercise the nuclear option they presented to me.

If I really need to go to a specific URL, I can enter it into the Notes app and click on it to load it into Safari.