Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help (again) Beat Maker 3, no more internal midi...

Helo !

I'm starting to mess around a bit with this massive software I must say :)
I did a very simple beat, then resampled it directly with BM3 (in sync, great)

Then, I don't know why, seems midi tracks are muted (see screenshot) , but they're not...To my knowledge.
Anybody knows what I push accidentally ? (didn't saw any "fucked up midi now button" so...

Comments

• edited July 2018

• edited July 2018

You have actually stumbled onto a handy feature...

If you tap here...

And select a pattern name from the list...

It will continually loop it. Nice workflow feature!

Press the grey arrow to get the timeline playback again.

PS. You were probably playing around in the scenes view.

• Wow @AudioGus that was fast ! Huge thanks ! It works !!!

I tried what you've suggested, but it melted my brain, seems multiple loops are playing, I don't get it...But surely later... :D

• I really need to understand this song/scenes/patterns things...

• @crony said:
    Wow @AudioGus that was fast ! Huge thanks ! It works !!!

I tried what you've suggested, but it melted my brain, seems multiple loops are playing, I don't get it...But surely later... :D

No problem! That was one of my first questions I posted about BM3 as well. It is a bit odd at first but quickly clicks together.

• edited July 2018

@crony said:
    I really need to understand this song/scenes/patterns things...

I will do a quick video... hold please...

• edited July 2018

Watch fullscreen in HD if you can...

Also, I was wearing my Mr Rodgers sweater at the time, so if I sound a little teachery...

• edited July 2018

lol really nice video @AudioGus love the extra comments :D
    Crystal clear, now I get it !
    I just need to get this little "scenes" thing and I'll be all good !

Thanks a lot (a lot, a lowwt , a lowwwwt) ;)

• edited July 2018

@crony said:
    lol really nice video @AudioGus love the extra comments :D
    Crystal clear, now I get it !
    I just need to get this little "scenes" thing and I'll be all good !

Thanks a lot (a lot, a lowwt , a

No prob!

Scenes is essentially a place where you can organise groups of looping patterns that you can then place into your song. I spent a good half hour with it again and realised again I really dont want or need it. while it can be nice for experimenting with loop lengths in the end I can just queue up these loops while working in the song view anyway and have access to split/merge etc anyway so there is no need to enter the scenes view. If I wanted to use Scenes view I could build up a bunch of collections of patterns there but then placing them in the song, repeating them and fixing the different loop lengths needs to be done in Song anyway so, eh, may as well just work in Song view.

I think it has potential as Ableton fans know this more than I and I think they are salivating for being able to one day 'perform’ or ‘clip trigger’ in the scenes view and have it record the sequence into the Song view, which cannot be done currently. That actually sounds pretty awesome, I hope it happens and I think it is what a lot of people are expecting of Scenes view but it currently falls short of this.

• Ok I saw this video, helping a bit more to understand this... :)

• edited July 2018

hehehe Gus, you're a funny guy. Very informative.

edit further to the informative part, I just worked BM3 on my lunch hour a bit, and your video taught me alot. In fact, more than I've gotten from other ones, so Gus, you've got a knack for this stuff. A hearty thanks!

• edited July 2018

• @AudioGus the video is a must watch for BM3 beginners :)

• @Korakios said:
    @AudioGus the video is a must watch for BM3 beginners :)

@kinkujin said:

edit further to the informative part, I just worked BM3 on my lunch hour a bit, and your video taught me alot. In fact, more than I've gotten from other ones, so Gus, you've got a knack for this stuff. A hearty thanks!

Aww thanks! Hmmm, well maybe I will do a sampler/slicer one next...

• @AudioGus said:

@Korakios said:

@kinkujin said:

Maybe worth waiting BM3 update , hopefully there would be transient detection for auto slice .

• @Korakios said:

@AudioGus said:

@Korakios said:

@kinkujin said:

Maybe worth waiting BM3 update , hopefully there would be transient detection for auto slice .

Only takes about twenty minutes to record and upload... been waiting five months for 3.1. ;). Plus the slicer as it pertains to grids will always be useful.

• Enjoyed the tutorial @AudioGus! Funny and informative. Bleep!