Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist by Luis Martinez - Instant Bass Lines - Getting Started Tutorial

Here is my demo/tutorial/tour thing for the new and epic iBassist by Luis Martinez, I hope you all enjoy the video😎

You can get iBassist here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibassist/id1378203792?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Thanks for being quick off the mark - I hope everyone uses your link!

• Great vid Doug...… Brilliant app...… I wonder if he would make a keyboard chord progression app to marry up with the Drums apps & iBassist?...… Then you've got your near version of iOS "Captain Chords" vst.... :)

• Great video, bought it through your link :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Integration with Rock Drum Machine pushes this over the edge for me, great stuff for getting something musical going with minimal fuss.

Might be tempted to get some of his other apps now.

• edited July 2018

Just a quick tip, you may have noticed in the video that I forgot how to change the length of a chord in the progression window.

Just long hold on the right hand side of the chord you want to increase or decrease and drag from left to right to suit

• Works fine as standalone and Audiobus but does not work for me in AUM. Anyone else having this issue?

• @ALB said:
    Works fine as standalone and Audiobus but does not work for me in AUM. Anyone else having this issue?

Same here, looks like it only works in AUM if it is started up in standalone first.

• That’s how I set it up in AUM, I opened the apps first, I'm sure Luis will fix it soon

• @White said:

@ALB said:
    Works fine as standalone and Audiobus but does not work for me in AUM. Anyone else having this issue?

Same here, looks like it only works in AUM if it is started up in standalone first.

Thanks, Doug!

• time to jam with my Electric and my favorite chord jam app Suggester!

• edited July 2018

Thanks Doug.

That "send chords" option looks interesting. Does that mean you could use this to generate Bass, Drums and a Keyboard part to play guitar over? Presumably the "sent chords" would just be simple triads or similar and not keyboard parts a la EzKeys etc.

• Thank you Sir Doug. Really cool beans and a whole pot of them at that.

• Does anyone know how I can use this in conjunction with an app like Chordpolypad , for example. I bought the app, but can't figure out how to get it to recognize chords played in Chordpolypad. Ibassist also doesn't show up as a midi destination in the output section of CPP . Is it possible that it is only intended to work with a hardware midi keyboard for the chord midi detection option? Any input from anyone would be much appreciated.

• Yup I had it playing chords on the Ravenscroft piano and a few others. It can also play notes but it just follows the bass exactly.

@receder said:
    Thanks Doug.

That "send chords" option looks interesting. Does that mean you could use this to generate Bass, Drums and a Keyboard part to play guitar over? Presumably the "sent chords" would just be simple triads or similar and not keyboard parts a la EzKeys etc.

• @Musicfan said:
    Does anyone know how I can use this in conjunction with an app like Chordpolypad , for example. I bought the app, but can't figure out how to get it to recognize chords played in Chordpolypad. Ibassist also doesn't show up as a midi destination in the output section of CPP . Is it possible that it is only intended to work with a hardware midi keyboard for the chord midi detection option? Any input from anyone would be much appreciated.

You can use it with suggester app which has ableton sync so everything will play in sync or even Navichord

• Is it possible to write your own "Line" and "Progression"?

• @Bootsy said:
    Yup I had it playing chords on the Ravenscroft piano and a few others. It can also play notes but it just follows the bass exactly.

@receder said:
    Thanks Doug.

Nice, thanks for the information :smiley:

• @Bootsy said:
    Yup I had it playing chords on the Ravenscroft piano and a few others. It can also play notes but it just follows the bass exactly.

I can't get it to work, using aum or standalone.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Is it possible to write your own "Line" and "Progression"?

yes line and progression are separated and fully editable. the "line" is a super smooth piano roll.

• After you get the midi stuff setup and go back and start bass player, then hit the setting icon again and it should start playing chords or lines. Not sure if that is a bug or just something I'm doing wrong.

@pierre said:

@Bootsy said:

I can't get it to work, using aum or standalone.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Is it possible to write your own "Line" and "Progression"?

yes line and progression are separated and fully editable. the "line" is a super smooth piano roll.

• I bought it now and it is really great, good sounds with the ability to write your own bass lines and progressions, and the link (Link) to the drums is the icing on the cake.

• @PhilW said:
    I bought it now and it is really great, good sounds with the ability to write your own bass lines and progressions, and the link (Link) to the drums is the icing on the cake.

Very cool. So if you write your own lines, do the drums react naturally with fills/accents?

• This app is just perfect - oh no: please for universal/iPhone app!,,,:-)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@PhilW said:
    I bought it now and it is really great, good sounds with the ability to write your own bass lines and progressions, and the link (Link) to the drums is the icing on the cake.

Very cool. So if you write your own lines, do the drums react naturally with fills/accents?

I’m not 100% certain, but if you click on Make Drums in iBassist and select which of his drum apps you want to use (from those you have), I think it either selects or creates an appropriate beat. It certainly sounded sympathetic to me, rather than just a random beat - of course, maybe I was just lucky! And you can dial in separate Jam factors and Swings for the bass and drums, so it can be as loose or as tight as you want. I’ve certainly had some nice combinations going.

• So the bass lines are great, but the “send chords” and “make drums” thing where you can design some details is a new and different thing between apps right? Not counting all in one Gadget type.

• The piano roll (bass guitar roll?) could use some extra work. It‘s a bit difficult to tweak single notes or get your own basslines going because you don‘t see immediately which chord you are in inside the chosen progression, and the single notes from 1 to 7 are related to that chord. Tricky.

Apart from that, great app.

• @PhilW said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@PhilW said:

I’m not 100% certain, but if you click on Make Drums in iBassist and select which of his drum apps you want to use (from those you have), I think it either selects or creates an appropriate beat. It certainly sounded sympathetic to me, rather than just a random beat - of course, maybe I was just lucky! And you can dial in separate Jam factors and Swings for the bass and drums, so it can be as loose or as tight as you want. I’ve certainly had some nice combinations going.

Would be great if someone did a test where drums are added to two similar basslines but with different areas of accent to see how closely the drums "match" to the bass part. Maybe that someone will be me, as I plan to buy this bad boy as soon as the day job stops getting in the way!

• I'm having some trouble from time to time with Ableton Link start and stop in AUM and ApeMatrix in this and other Lumbeat drum apps. I have the controls enabled (Ableton Link and Sync Start/Stop) for all. There are times they don't start, sometimes they don't stop (hitting start/stop transport in AUM and AM). Used to work like a charm, but now it seems hit or miss. Anyone having issues with this? I'm hoping it's something simple. Please forgive my ignorance in advance.

• How to sync it with AUM or Soft drummer?
    iBassist doesn’t start when I touch Play in AUM...

• @SashaPonkratov said:
    How to sync it with AUM or Soft drummer?
    iBassist doesn’t start when I touch Play in AUM...

I haven’t got Soft Drummer, but if it works like in Future Drummer, then you just have to enable ableton Link and Sync start/stop in IBassist and your drum app. When you press play in iBassist your drum app will start playing too.

I would like to know if it is possible to get Gadget to start recording when Ableton Link is enabled and you press play in iBassist ?