Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IFunbox for Windows problem

When I copy from my ipad to my desktop using iFunbox if I try to copy to my D drive it initialy copies to my C drive then moves it to D. Problem is if the amount I want to copy to D is larger than my free space on C it crashes, leaving my C drive full, yargh!

Any Windows gurus know how to get around this? No, not by running iTunes ;) as it only shows one folder deep and no files.

I looked for settings in iFunbox and tried contacting the dev a couple times over the years and no reply.

Comments

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:
    When I copy from my ipad to my desktop using iFunbox if I try to copy to my D drive it initialy copies to my C drive then moves it to D. Problem is if the amount I want to copy to D is larger than my free space on C it crashes, leaving my C drive full, yargh!

Any Windows gurus know how to get around this? No, not by running iTunes ;) as it only shows one folder deep and no files.

I looked for settings in iFunbox and tried contacting the dev a couple times over the years and no reply.

Get IMazing to make all your problems go away.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Hmmm, interesting... i take it that the free download is just a demo or time locked trial?

• @AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Hmmm, interesting... i take it that the free download is just a demo or time locked trial?

You can do a lot with the free version

• Imazing is good. Better than ifunbox.
    But is it because your iTunes folder/ifunbox is on C drive? You can try and install ifunbox on D instead?
    If you install on D does it do the same?

• I am sure there could be an easier approach and my approach requires that drive D is NOT removable:
    Try locating the temp folder ifunbox uses. Create a hard link
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

and you are set ;)

OT. If you want to free more space , move to drive D pagefile , temp file , and windows library folders (desktop, documents, music etc) using windows build in method (not manually moving them).

• Yes, I have a symbolic link which pushes my files to a different drive other than C, using the technique above.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Looks good... but 50$... that is an EQ nowadays. ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    Imazing is good. Better than ifunbox.
    But is it because your iTunes folder/ifunbox is on C drive? You can try and install ifunbox on D instead?
    If you install on D does it do the same?

Yah, it was installed on D

Looks like I will just have to copy in chunks as I cannot for the life of me find this temp folder on C.

• @Korakios said:
    I am sure there could be an easier approach and my approach requires that drive D is NOT removable:
    Try locating the temp folder ifunbox uses. Create a hard link
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

and you are set ;)

Hmm, yah that may be a good trick. Thanks!

• @AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Gotta pay to play. iTunes and Ifunbox have not been missed since I got IMazing.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Hehe, yah I hear yah, does look like a great solution. I am currently way over budget on life though so I will just keep my C drive as tidy as I can.

• @AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Hehe, yah I hear yah, does look like a great solution. I am currently way over budget on life though so I will just keep my C drive as tidy as I can.

Well iMazing definitely does the business copying a mass of files without filling any other temp drives up so that is cool. The only problem I have with it is that there is no ‘copying in progress’ indicator at all and I have to just keep checking the destination folders to see if it is done yet.

• @AudioGus said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Well iMazing definitely does the business copying a mass of files without filling any other temp drives up so that is cool. The only problem I have with it is that there is no ‘copying in progress’ indicator at all and I have to just keep checking the destination folders to see if it is done yet.

Click on the little box in upper right corner of GUI, with the 2 arrows pointing up and down, and you’ll get a progress pop up

• @AudioGus said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

What I like most about IMazing is the ability to copy out of one app folder, for example AudioShare or Audiocopy, directly into another app folder, for example Gadget or Cubasis etc. without having to copy onto the computer. The music transfer is the next best thing. I can keep my music library separate from the mammoth iTunes library and simply drag and drop in or delete out.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Click on the little box in upper right corner of GUI, with the 2 arrows pointing up and down, and you’ll get a progress pop up

Oh snap! Thanks! :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

What I like most about IMazing is the ability to copy out of one app folder, for example AudioShare or Audiocopy, directly into another app folder, for example Gadget or Cubasis etc. without having to copy onto the computer. The music transfer is the next best thing. I can keep my music library separate from the mammoth iTunes library and simply drag and drop in or delete out.

Oh snap 2! Thanks! :)

• @AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Oh snap! Thanks! :)

Glad to help- and thanks for your timeline wish list video