Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist is released

iBassist by Luis Martinez
Thought I did the link correctly

Comments

• edited July 2018
  • Got it.... nice..

• ...please please please for iPhone version / universal...would pay more 30.00...it would be so great...thank you...

• I hope so. All his other apps are universal.

• What a bummer.. I hope a iPhone version is coming soon

• My bank balance is glad there’s no iPhone version 😬

• This looks amazing! Thanks

• Hey, I’ll be first! :wink: This app looks awesome but I’m sorry (truly!), I do not understand why you would limit potential app sales in 2018 by creating a new app that is not a DAW or a host and not making it AU as well... I have purchased every Lumbeat app to date but at $25 CAD I will hold off on this one and see if the developer plans to upgrade his apps to AU.

Last time I will mention this in this thread. Promise!

✌️

• @gusgranite said:
    Hey, I’ll be first! :wink: This app looks awesome but I’m sorry (truly!), I do not understand why you would limit potential app sales in 2018 by creating a new app that is not a DAW or a host and not making it AU as well... I have purchased every Lumbeat app to date but at $25 CAD I will hold off on this one and see if the developer plans to upgrade his apps to AU.

✌️

What are the benefits of AU in this app.. just asking...?

• @RajahP said:

@gusgranite said:
    Hey, I’ll be first! :wink: This app looks awesome but I’m sorry (truly!), I do not understand why you would limit potential app sales in 2018 by creating a new app that is not a DAW or a host and not making it AU as well... I have purchased every Lumbeat app to date but at $25 CAD I will hold off on this one and see if the developer plans to upgrade his apps to AU.

✌️

I’ll PM you. Cheers.

• @gusgranite please post benefits of AU in this app!

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Dito.

I constantly hear "AU, AU, AU, ..." and often do not see the reason for WHY ...

It´s an additional effort for the developer, the GUI is (still) often less usable than a full App and for many Apps there is no need for multiple instances - or some Apps require such much CPU and / or memory, that being hosted in one or more instances is not a valid option.

In such case, i cannot see any benefit from being AU.

For this App, i cannot tell :) ;)

I am not sure if I need it - will wait for thesoundtestroom

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

I'm as AU oriented as anyone else, but i don't see this one as needing to be. Automatic state saving and easier / tempo sync probably the biggest helps, but not a deal breaker IMO.

I can offer one possible big reason he chose not to .... Integration with his other drum apps. That's a big feature of this app, and I can see it could be tricky to implement mixing technologies.

• edited July 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    @gusgranite please post benefits of AU in this app!

State saving. When using it in BM3 or Cubasis I like to load a project and have it recall all the settings. This way I can work in small chunks of time (as small as five or ten minutes) throughout the day without having to take notes/set things up. I am pretty much done with new non AU apps for this reason.

• @wim said:
    I can offer one possible big reason he chose not to .... Integration with his other drum apps. That's a big feature of this app, and I can see it could be tricky to implement mixing technologies.

OK, that’s a good point I hadn’t thought of... :wink:

Ignore me, I’m just frustrated after going through my saved AUM projects last night and having to ditch half of them because I had lost the sequence, sample or sound I had been previously working on. My own fault because I should have saved and named each app preset accordingly but I’m just not that organized when shutting down at night to crawl into bed for a few hours sleep... :smile:

@LinearLineman there is no right or wrong here, but for my workflow (not everyone’s) it is statesaving and parameter automation and stability. :smiley:

Laters y’all! Ziiiiiiiiiip... 🤐

• It’s a Bass creational tool... Doesn’t need AU...... Not unless you need 5 Basses going on at the same time... A TB 303 I’ve viable... As an example I suppose.... As long as it has Link, or a decent midi clock for the DAW to control it..... I can’t see it really.... Not unless uses less CPU?..... However, you may need it to trigger another synth, but hasn’t @brambos apps cover that?...... Or am I seeing a different picture?..... Being old, & long in the tooth, ect?... ;)

• @studs1966 said:
    It’s a Bass creational tool... Doesn’t need AU...... Not unless you need 5 Basses going on at the same time... A TB 303 I’ve viable... As an example I suppose.... As long as it has Link, or a decent midi clock for the DAW to control it..... I can’t see it really.... Not unless uses less CPU?..... However, you may need it to trigger another synth, but hasn’t @brambos apps cover that?...... Or am I seeing a different picture?..... Being old, & long in the tooth, ect?... ;)

What I would like to have & see now is Cubasis, or Auria have Link implemented now..... Link has become the standard sync of apps & software now...... Its in Desktops... Ableton( the creators)...... & Propellerheads Reason...... Sorry, I’m going off a bit on the subject....... Like I say, being a bit old & long in the tooth, ect..... :D

• I appreciate the rage against the machine bass line.

• Would love to hear about how it sounds and how versatile it is for different styles of music! Obviously nails the thumping funk rock thing. Jazz? Country?

• I’m sure Doug will demo it soon - and then you can use his link to show your appreciation! I’m pretty sure I’ll get it, sounds terrific.

• This dips into my fabfilter savings fund, but it was worth it as soon as I heard about it

• @RajahP said:

Multiple generative lines simultaneously; ease of automation and state saving.

• edited July 2018

Well, after being hook for the past few hours with this amazing app ... All I can say is, this is truly THE game changer .. Pure Genius...

Sure there are a few quirks to iron out... But, I can never learn to play bass in 10 lifetimes (and more) as this thing plays and, I have only worked on one ‘preset’ (Larry Graham....tweeted and saved)...

Thanks for making this Lumbeats..

• I think the genius of Luis’ apps are that they will come up with stuff that you wouldn’t by yourself (like a real player might) and it is very exciting that this now applies to basslines as well as drums.

• But can it do Dubstep Bass? :D
    This sounds pretty awesome.
    I used to call myself a bass player.
    Not so sure anymore. I just got outplayed by an app demo. :o

• I'm also gonna buy it but will wait for Doug's Link 😊

• I’ll have a video up very shortly 👍😎🤓