Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poll: The best AU Reverbs for iOS 2018

The best AU Reverbs for iOS 2018

I am very curious which AU Reverbs you use regularly and which you would recommend.
Of course I am also interested in why you would prefer one or the other.

I designed this question as a survey to make your answers/votes as clear as possible for all of us.
I would be very happy if you would take part in the survey.

These are the seven AU Reverbs I could find so far. All app-links are from Doug
@thesoundtestroom thanks a lot for your helpful videos, 👍

Audio Reverb (VirSyn)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audioreverb/id670248970?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

EOS 2 (audio damage)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eos-2/id1252122327?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Reverb FDN (Amazing Noises)
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/reverb-feedback-delay-network/id950600083?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Envelope AU Reverb (DDMF)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/envelope-au-reverb-by-ddmf/id1122066024?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

ADverb2 (Audio Damage)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adverb2/id1373926760?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

RF-1 (Kai Aras)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rf-1/id1097763239?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Zero Reverb (Blamsoft)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zero-reverb/id1051938245?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

I'm curious which reverb is your personal favorite!
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Which AU Reverbs you use regularly and which you would recommend in 2018?
  1. please choose your favorite AU Reverb79 votes
    1. Audio Reverb (VirSyn)
      17.72%
    2. Eos 2 (Audio Damage)
      54.43%
    3. Reverb FDN (Amazing Noises)
        5.06%
    4. Envelope AU Reverb (DDMF)
      10.13%
    5. ADverb2 (Audio Damage)
        3.80%
    6. RF-1 (Kai Aras)
        3.80%
    7. Zero Reverb (Blamsoft)
        5.06%

Comments

• As for why I chose Audio Reverb, it’s because I think it works in more situations. It sounds decent on acoustic instruments. I use EOS 2 way more than Audio Reverb, but would pick the VirSyn one if I could only have one. Zero Reverb I don’t like I only got it when AU was new to try it out. RF-1 the only time I use it is the vintage verb on synth drums. I don’t have the others.

• unfortunately ... none of them. All below (elcheapo) Valhalla Room and Plate on desktop, all feature a similiar metallic ringing, most blur the signal significantly.
    The DDMF seems cool as a special FX in some settings, but never on the master bus.
    Just as the Amazing Noises Reverb is really nice for a cool synthetic space.

Tbh my personal favourite is Apple's stock algorithm, featured in SamplR, Multitrack DAW and EchoPad (just a guess by listening), very unpretentious and clear.
    I use (the non-AU) AD480 frequently for (BIAS) guitar rooms, at least it has a unique character that sets it apart from the ones in the poll - but wouldn't apply it on acoustic guitar or vocals.
    FabFilter's Pro-R seems to provide more quality plus a very convenient adjustment (if their VST demo sound applies to IOS, too).

• I like to have several different reverb apps and effects available. I would add the Mobile Conv and AltiSpace for convolution reverb as they allow you to load in convolution reverb files.

• edited July 2018

If we’re talking non-AU then Rooms is underrated.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rooms-audio-recorder/id572894725?mt=8

• edited July 2018

Unfortunately the best ios reverbs are still only IAA. AUFX Space and AltiSpace...

• EOS is really the best all around AU reverb. I think Envelope is stunning in a handful of cases, but does unnatural things (to my ear) a lot of the time. Have to agree that none of them are really perfect.

• Of those listed it would be VirSyn Audio Reverb.
    Of those not listed it would be AltiSpace.

• How’s the processor usage of DDMF compared to Eos?

• @OscarSouth said:
    How’s the processor usage of DDMF compared to Eos?

Enevelope is astronomical compared to EOS. EOS hovers between 5-10% whereas Envelope sits between 20-25%.

• Eos, free. Amazing.

• edited July 2018

From all iOS AUv3 reverbs i still prefer AudioReverb mostly. But it also sounds a bit metallic and hollow if i want it 100% wet.
    But the best sounding reverb on iOS would be maybe Pro-R and the stock which is in GarageBand.
    Even more i would like an extended reverb module as FX from TF8.

• @Cib said:
    From all iOS AUv3 reverbs i still prefer AudioReverb mostly. But it also sounds a bit metallic and hollow if i want it 100% wet.
    But the best sounding reverb on iOS would be maybe Pro-R and the stock which is in GarageBand.
    Even more i would like an extended reverb module as FX from TF8.

Mega-yes to Pro-R and the TF8 reverb. #s 1 and 2 for me.

Sorry OP, I couldn't vote for any since the only thing that works for me on a real track and not just jamming outside of a DAW is Pro-R. It's so unobtrusive and blends so well. I can't imagine using anything else.

If I am just messing around in AUM or apeMatrix, I'll just throw in ADverb at a barely perceptible level because it's the one at the top of the list.

• Rooms! Is super good too, and free

• 3 of them are equally good but different imo. Adverb has nice vintage sound, envelope is cpu hungry but soso delicious, eos2 is more cpu friendly and sounds very good and doesent take all resources like envelope

• @DMan said:
    As for why I chose Audio Reverb, it’s because I think it works in more situations. It sounds decent on acoustic instruments.

Also like EOS and Zero Debug when I want something that intentionally has a more recognizably non-natural flavor.

• I personally also like the character of Zero Reverb for lead sounds.

• My vote went to Eos 2 because it is my only AU reverb next to FAB Pro-R in Auria in my arsenal.

I wonder if a second AU reverb would make sense for ambient and soundscape experiments. Audio Reverb (VirSyn) and Reverb FDN (Amazing Noises) would come to my mind.

But as I can see here, only a few users use FDN. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your feedback and votes. It’s very interesting and helpful to read about your experience! 👍

• I own nearly all of those and yet I end up using Mobile Convolution ( though it's not Auv3). I like the flexibility of convolution reverbs. from subtle rooms, to wild, modulated spaces. I wonder why there isn't a simple convolution Auv3..? Audio Reverb sounds very good, but I'm comparing it (unfairly I know) to Fabfilter's Pro-R and Altiverb. Guess I've just been spoiled by great reverbs.

Really wish there was something like PSP springbox on iOS. Spring emulation rarely sounds convincing, but PSP gets pretty close.

• The reverb in drc is really nice as well

• How about voicerack FX by TC? That's an AUv3.

• Virtual Room AU is quite nice with 3D placement of the source.

• Anyone else here who like to share his vote/experience with Reverbs with us? 😎

• I dig Eos, Adverb & the Amazing Noises Gliderverb and Reverb. I an basically accomplish everything I need with those, although I do have a few others as well.

• @99476598326 said:
    Unfortunately the best ios reverbs are still only IAA. AUFX Space and AltiSpace...

AUFX Space is the reverb I use most often. I love it. Since it's usually set up as a send, I don't really need multiple instances. When I do, it's usually EOS these days.

I didn't vote though because I don't own most of the others. These polls are always pretty skewed since not many of us own all of the candidates.

• Altiverb is awesome.

Can’t wait to see what new reverbs get released on iOS!

iOS i currently use Eos 2 but that amazing noises company is interesting me.

• @syrupcore said:

@99476598326 said:

AUFX Space is the reverb I use most often. I love it. Since it's usually set up as a send, I don't really need multiple instances. When I do, it's usually EOS these days.

I didn't vote though because I don't own most of the others. These polls are always pretty skewed since not many of us own all of the candidates.

Easy to solve. Just buy them all before you vote. B) o:)

• @wim said:

@syrupcore said:

@99476598326 said:

Easy to solve. Just buy them all before you vote. B) o:)

Can you post your phone number? The missus would like to have a word.

• edited March 2019

I've been thinking about this topic a lot and considering adding kleverb to the line up.
    As far as au / not shimmer reverb, I go to adverb and eos2 almost exclusive, but sometimes adverb just hits wrong on certain sounds, as do all reverbs at some point , and eos2 can be to hollow or airy sometimes... Like it cuts away at my dry signal to deep...
    Kleverb seems like a good middle ground of these both, but with a unique character as well...
    But I don't own it, only what I've seen on YouTube..
    Curious to hear what everyone thinks of it.... Side note I make down tempo, ambient, darker jams

• @reasOne said:
    I've been thinking about this topic a lot and considering adding kleverb to the line up.
    As far as au / not shimmer reverb, I go to adverb and eos2 almost exclusive, but sometimes adverb just hits wrong on certain sounds, as do all reverb, and eos2 can be to hollow or airy sometimes...
    Kleverb seems like a good middle ground of these both, but with a unique character as well...
    Curious to hear what everyone thinks of it.... Side note I make down tempo, ambient, darker jams

Kleverb and the Virsyn reverb are my two favourite AU reverbs currently (although I still favour Pro-R when I'm in Auria). EOS2 is too metallic sounding for me.

• @richardyot said:

@reasOne said:
    As far as au / not shimmer reverb, I go to adverb and eos2 almost exclusive, but sometimes adverb just hits wrong on certain sounds, as do all reverb, and eos2 can be to hollow or airy sometimes...

Kleverb and the Virsyn reverb are my two favourite AU reverbs currently (although I still favour Pro-R when I'm in Auria). EOS2 is too metallic sounding for me.

I still don't have virsyns reverb but I hear all the time that it is great.... And it's only 7 bucks!!
    Maybe I should start there