Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Appaholic Support

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Appaholic or Nah?
  1. What is the main reason you relapse?30 votes
    1. App sales
      36.67%
    2. Audiobus Forum
      63.33%

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You need to accept the fact that only AUs are worth using, then just buy them all and it will limit your buying impulses in the future to how ever often new ones are released!

• edited July 2018

Having started in the dark times six years ago on iOS, everything was bonus and loaded with potential. Appaholism was at insane levels about two years in. I guess it was only last year with the shiny new ipad5, Cubasis 2, BM3, FAC, ios11, the propogation of AUs etc that my appaholism was more or less abated. Basicly I had low quality tainted product for the first while that had brutal side effects and was making me sick but now the shit is pure and I am no longer chasing the appohol dragon... err, or something.

• I was quite tempted by the Gadget sale and all of its various IAPS - it is one of the few talked-about apps that I do not have. But then I realized that I would probably play with it for about a day or so and then never use it. I'm also not a fan of closed systems if I can help it (never use Garageband). I'm sure that it sounds nice, but life is too short and I've got plenty of things to play with, and play with more deeply. Gadget functionality is (or so it appears to me) duplicated by many other things. So put the pipe down...

• @mAxjUlien said:
    Thanks for sharing @ALB I will try to draw strength from your example. No idea how you managed to resist getting gadget. Especially in the early days-. The force is obviously strong with you.lol

How is Gb closed system? I don’t use it myself but I thought it hosts AU/IAA?

Hmmm... well, maybe using GB as an example was not the best. I had forgotten about it hosting AUs now. Still not sure if it is as "open" as Cubasis or BM3, but I stand corrected if it is. I know that some people swear by it and, hey... it's free.

My take on all of this (as a fellow appaholic), is that I'm much happier just digging into any DAW/app as deeply as I can (not always easy due to time constraints), and just seeing what I can get out of it instead of chasing the next thing. Just so you don't think I'm being too sanctimonious here, there are a few releases that I am looking forward to - Quanta, Drambo, Patterning 2. I'm just hoping that I use them. I have a problem...

But really, I'm most looking forward to the upcoming update of Beatmaker 3, which I already have. Would love to see some of its issues addressed...

• The sales attract the addiction, but sometimes reading the forum helps see this or that app ain't perfect and thus easier to resist buying. But when there are loads of pros and few cons, things get nasty! :lol:

• edited July 2018
  • ALBALB
    edited July 2018

@mAxjUlien said:

@ALB said:
    But really, I'm most looking forward to the upcoming update of Beatmaker 3, which I already have. Would love to see some of its issues addressed...

It appears we are kindred as far as app addictions go. I too am fiendishly awaiting B3.1. I suspect it is imminent, perhaps 72 hours if it is to be launched on its launch anniversary 7/15. Don’t quote me on that...would hate to be the source of a baseless rumor. Just a hunch laid on top of a mound of hope.lol

I love baseless rumors! :)

• edited July 2018
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    Don’t spread it @ALB !lmao I don’t wanna meet the wrath of a horde of fellow BeatMakers if it doesn’t drop this week. I literally come up with a new reason it is dropping in the current week to distract myself from hourly refreshing the Intua forum/App Store for the update. So sad. Hey, this is an appoholic Support thread so no judgment right?lol

It's white-knuckle time!

• Hehe, welcome in the club :D ;) :p :) B)

• Ok I’ll share since I voted. One of my problems with being an appoholic is I also blindly vote on all AB polls before I even think about it! I too am ashamed. My coping mechanism involves trying to focus on making creative original songs on the various DAWs I’ve bought and that forces me to get more comfortable with certain apps and flows and limits my desire to buy. Not perfect but better for me than reading the forum all the time.

• I haven't admitted I have a problem.

So I don't.

However, music making with iOS helped me stay clean at times over the years. Going on 10 years clean.

So the irony is rich and value unsurpassed!

LOL

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I haven't admitted I have a problem.

So I don't.

However, music making with iOS helped me stay clean at times over the years. Going on 10 years clean.

LOL

That’s awesome. Nice work!

• Fair play Rustik!

• Society is always seeking strategies to keep people away from excessive drug use, a life of crime, becoming insurance sales representatives or other socially damaging activities.

Taken as a whole, this App thing is a net gain for the world. You may not USE every App but the time you spend considering adding one keeps you in line.

I bought the Gladstone Drummer gadget and the Triton IAP for Module thus saving $15.
    So every month I manage to save about $150.

(I'm working on it too).

• Thor-azine. Need I say more?

• As I mentioned in another thread, last September after buying Zeeon I decided to stop purchasing new apps and just concentrate on learning and experimenting with the apps I already have (a lot ha ha). I mean, even now, almost a year later, I still have quite a few apparently excellent apps that I've never even used except (at most) for a couple of times immediately after purchase (eg Samplr, Photophore, Fugue Machine, Phonem, Patterning, Tera Synth etc). When it happens occasionally (especially after reading/listening on this forum) that SynthMaster One looks extremely tempting, or that, hey, I should definitely give Gadget a whirl, I look at my music app folder and think, no, I'm going to delve into one of these beauties.

But I must confess, if Roli or Audio Modeling (or both together, if that's what it takes) finally let the SWAM instruments be accessible in AUv3, my wallet will be open in a heartbeat!

• @gusgranite said:

@RUST( i )K said:

So I don't.

LOL

That’s awesome. Nice work!

@Vorgon said:
    Fair play Rustik!

@mAxjUlien said:

@RUST( i )K said:

So I don't.

LOL

Winning.

Thank you! FOR REAL

• @RUST( i )K said:

So I don't.

LOL

You're absolutely right about about the value my friend.... :)

• My name is John and I'm an appaholic.

Talking about it & recognition of the problem are the keys to recovery brothers & sisters...although like that scene from "Half Baked" where Bob Saget mocks Dave Chappelle's marijuana addiction as being lightweight to his cocaine jones, I must say we have to keep perspective in this fellowship.

Yeah we buy too many synths & ANYTHING AUv3 is bound to bought, but the relative expense of iOS apps in comparison to other music gear, desktop plugins, instruments, etc. is quite small.

I always think of the example of how I bought Yonac's ToneStack app with the everything bundle for far less than I could've bought the cheapest guitar pedal in Guitar Center or online.

It doesn't excuse the fact that of the 271 apps on my Air 2 only 37 are non-music related like YouTube, Documents (well that is used for my music files...), Amazon and the many bloat apps Apple prepackage with iOS.

It's just hard to pass up deals like the brilliant apps from Bram Bos, Audio Damage, etc. that run under $10... dayattatime I guess.

• @mAxjUlien said:

@ToMess said:
    You need to accept the fact that only AUs are worth using, then just buy them all and it will limit your buying impulses in the future to how ever often new ones are released!

Lmfao! I have accepted that fact mannnnn. Still, these lil voices coming from App Store keep whispering...”50% off...you need me”.

Lol@buy every AU now so you only have to buy new ones. Horrible advice to an addict. Encouraging me to OD? Shameful.smh

Well you dont go to a crack house asking how to reduce your drug use :D