Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music for game made with 100% iOS apps.

Hi All,

The music for this game was made using all iOS apps. The classic mode primarily used Groovebox and Cubasis. The other game mode music were made using Model 15, Zeeon, LaPlace, LayR and Addictive Pro. FAC Maxima, Kosmonaut Waves IAPs in Cubasis and Grand Finale round out the list. Many of the apps were purchased (via Doug’s links, which is a regular routine now) after reading user recommendations and feedback as well as watching @thesoundtestroom and jakoB_jaQ videos. So thanks to the great resource of the Audiobus forum and its users. There is so much available on the iOS platform to find just the right sound to fit your needs.

https://apple.co/2J9fcp1

Comments

• Congrats! From the little preview video on the AppStore it sounds really nice. Shouldn’t there be some more promo for this, since it is 100% iOS made sounds? You’d think Apple might push it more. Well, it’s a good thing that it’s out there and I hope we see more, be it from you, or other iOS music makers.

• Cool, I'll check it out.

• edited July 2018

I know games whose music was made 100% with iOS GarageBand and Apple doesn't even push those ;)

(the game mechanics remind me of Candy Crush, but I guess that's intentional :))

• Great work, congrats! I’m actually planning on doing the same thing.. although I still have to figure out how to make a game lol!

I’ll download your game and try it out when I have a moment. Out of interest sake, did you create different loops to be played in the background and title screens. And what about sound effects, were those also created on iOS?

• @Keenan said:
    Great work, congrats! I’m actually planning on doing the same thing.. although I still have to figure out how to make a game lol!

I’ll download your game and try it out when I have a moment. Out of interest sake, did you create different loops to be played in the background and title screens. And what about sound effects, were those also created on iOS?

Thanks Keenan. There are three different loops in the game. The main loop appears in the main screen, menu screens and classic mode game play. The other two loops are used for the other two game play modes. The timed arcade mode has music that is intended to convey speed and competition. The zen mode uses a more chill ambient loop. Many loops were made and tossed out (not used) because they didn't match the game play or convey the right mood.

As for the sound effects, they were not created in iOS although there were initial sounds made with iOS synths but the sounds were too strong for the effects needed. There are only 5 fx in the app which are a combination of recorded foley and some sounds I want to say using Sylenth and maybe Massive on the PC. With the sound fx a lot were made and the few that fit best were used.