Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS Sample Manager.

I wish we had a Sample Manager app that could work similar to this. Probably impossible inside Apple walled garden files system by hey we can dream. Maybe AudioShare one day will be able to do self labelling and tagging.

Comments

• I wouldn’t call Files a walled garden. Quite the opposite, in fact.

• When Audioshare first came out, I lamented to Jonatan that it needed a search feature with a way to quickly and easily tag/find samples etc... still no joy.

• Audioshare really loses it's potential with such cumbersome way of organizing files. I would love to go trough my big sample packs and pick few samples that I like into favorites folders / tags. I can imagine another browser on right side where I would drag'n'drop those from the left side.
    Also traversing the audio files is not ideal. On the computer, you usually use keyboard arrows up and down to listen to files one after another. On touchscreen you need to click on the exact position of the play button near the file. If there were dedicated buttons (e.g. also arrows up and down) on the screen, you don't have to move your hand, only repeatedly tap the button.

• AudioShare also needs the feature to open a zip file in it’s own subfolder that is created automatically. As option before unzipping or as general configuration.

Very often, zip files contains lots of stuff without a folder, so everything gets unpacked in the main folder - which is nothing but a catastrophe!!!

The name should be the name of the zip file without “.zip”

@Kymátika

• ADSR could port this to iOS , may be if they see a interest for this on iOS they will. I suggest drop them a line suggesting with the request

• Couldn’t the upcoming BM3.1 address this issue at least partially or is this all a function of the file system?

• @tja I think you meant to tag @j_liljedahl

• edited July 2018

@tja said:
    AudioShare also needs the feature to open a zip file in it’s own subfolder that is created automatically. As option before unzipping or as general configuration.

Very often, zip files contains lots of stuff without a folder, so everything gets unpacked in the main folder - which is nothing but a catastrophe!!!

The name should be the name of the zip file without “.zip”

@Kymátika

Wonder why they design apps like this with barebones functionality. Anyone who used a computer knows how an explorer works and how a zip file gets unzipped into a new subfolder with the same name if it has more than one files inside it. No search, no favorites, no tagging... SM1's browser is way more futuristic and powerful - @kv331audio_bulent nailed it.