Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget on sale, IAPs as well and a new sampler gadget !

I was waiting for months to complete my gadget collection :)
No it's time for me to make music seriously with Gadget B)

Comments

• Has anyone in the UK bought Gadget for Mac from the Korg store? Says it’s now $149, wondering what the UK price would be and if they charge VAT on top...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Has anyone in the UK bought Gadget for Mac from the Korg store? Says it’s now $149, wondering what the UK price would be and if they charge VAT on top...

Pondering, as base price says something like £112 but I'm in two minds as to whether I need it.

• Thread on the new sampler gadget - now in progress and on fire.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27220/korg-gadget-stockholm-by-reason

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Has anyone in the UK bought Gadget for Mac from the Korg store? Says it’s now $149, wondering what the UK price would be and if they charge VAT on top...

Pondering, as base price says something like £112 but I'm in two minds as to whether I need it.

Yeah, conversion says £112 - just wondering if they do an Apple and charge £149, and then slap 20% VAT on top.

I don't really need it either, but for £112 it's a fraction of what I've shelled out on the iOS version, and relatively good value in the sale. If it was PC as well I'd probably grab it.

@GovernorSilver said:
    Thread on the new sampler gadget - now in progress and on fire.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27220/korg-gadget-stockholm-by-reason

Yeah that's what's making me thing about the desktop version, as I've got a ton of Rex files. I'm not spending any more on the iOS version though. Spent a fortune on it already!

• I still don't a sampler Gadget. Vancouver might be my first one. Never got into the Rex thing myself, so Stockholm doesn't look like a compelling choice for me.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

The IAP seem to be at 10.99 Euro each.
    Is this the sale price?!?

• edited July 2018

@GovernorSilver said:
    I still don't a sampler Gadget. Vancouver might be my first one. Never got into the Rex thing myself, so Stockholm doesn't look like a compelling choice for me.

It's not really a sampler, just Rex player apparently. For samples you'd use something like Abu Dhabi or Vancouver.

• @MonzoPro said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I still don't a sampler Gadget. Vancouver might be my first one. Never got into the Rex thing myself, so Stockholm doesn't look like a compelling choice for me.

It's not really a sampler, just Rex player apparently. For samples you'd use something like Abu Dhabi or Vancouver.

Thanks for the clarification. Vancouver it is then.

• @tja said:

Yes, the usual is 16€

• @GovernorSilver said:

Vancouver is a "toy" compared to Stockholm.

• Is imono/poly worth getting? When I first got my iPad, I purchased iwavestation and iM1, but didn’t like them. My favorite iPad synths are Animoog, Zeeon, and mood. Volt and SynthMasterone are pretty swell as well. If imono/poly can is great from an audio/sound design/intuitive, non-frustrating workflow standpoint, I’m going to take advantage of this sale.

• In what way does it Sample? Is it not only Rex files?

• @rafaelollero said:

@tja said:

Yes, the usual is 16€

Thanks. Going to think!

• Another 'sample playback gadget'...
    When will we get a proper Sampler Gadget that can actually do audio-sampling & re-sampling??

• @papastank said:
    Is imono/poly worth getting? When I first got my iPad, I purchased iwavestation and iM1, but didn’t like them. My favorite iPad synths are Animoog, Zeeon, and mood. Volt and SynthMasterone are pretty swell as well. If imono/poly can is great from an audio/sound design/intuitive, non-frustrating workflow standpoint, I’m going to take advantage of this sale.

YES - iMonoPoly is probably my favourite synth on ios! I love it! (and I have all those ones you mentioned above except Mood...)

• edited July 2018

I used a lot Dr Rex and Octorex, nice devices. But Abu Dhabi is pretty similar IMO. Does this new Gadget support Rex files? Gadget file management is far from ideal to manage huge files quantities (I’ve got lot of old rex) and AudioShare can’t read them. I’m curious how samples navigation has been implemented in Stockholm.

• @Halftone said:

@papastank said:
    Is imono/poly worth getting? When I first got my iPad, I purchased iwavestation and iM1, but didn’t like them. My favorite iPad synths are Animoog, Zeeon, and mood. Volt and SynthMasterone are pretty swell as well. If imono/poly can is great from an audio/sound design/intuitive, non-frustrating workflow standpoint, I’m going to take advantage of this sale.

YES - iMonoPoly is probably my favourite synth on ios! I love it! (and I have all those ones you mentioned above except Mood...)

With any of these, you may or may not like them at first but the more you work with them the more you may grow to like them. With all of Korg's offerings, the presets are about 50% rubbish, but if you do a bit of polish on them you will find something useful.

• @robosardine said:
    In what way does it Sample? Is it not only Rex files?

As far as I can see it’s just a player.

If it had the capability to load in samples, and then play/export as a Rex file I’d buy it.

• @Halftone said:

@papastank said:

You might also look at the Korg iOdyssey. Sounds the best imo of all the Korgs, is easy to program, and has a killer on-board sequencer.

• I have been eyeing the ids-10 and the ims-20 apps from Korg for a while but would like peoples opinions of them to assist on my decision. Frustrated that Korg isn't developing AUV3 or Hosting AUV3, I may pass all together.

Please share your thoughts on these 2 apps

• @Breezee said:
    I have been eyeing the ids-10 and the ims-20 apps from Korg for a while but would like peoples opinions of them to assist on my decision. Frustrated that Korg isn't developing AUV3 or Hosting AUV3, I may pass all together.

I found ids-10 lost it's appeal pretty quickly..voice synth is ok but did get tedious...for me.
    iMS-20 on the other hand sounds just like a real MS-20 but it does suffer from dropped notes when hosted as an IAA and there is no way to sync as it doesn't support either midi clock or Link.....as a stand alone synth it is pretty damn good though, and when coupled with the iMS-20c USB controller it is pretty awesome. iPolysix is just as good, but doesn't have a dedicated controller....Both iMS-20 and iPolysix are actually multiples of the synth, with the engine being used for the drum tracks that are available in them too.

• edited July 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@Breezee said:
    I have been eyeing the ids-10 and the ims-20 apps from Korg for a while but would like peoples opinions of them to assist on my decision. Frustrated that Korg isn't developing AUV3 or Hosting AUV3, I may pass all together.

I found ids-10 lost it's appeal pretty quickly..voice synth is ok but did get tedious...for me.
    iMS-20 on the other hand sounds just like a real MS-20 but it does suffer from dropped notes when hosted as an IAA and there is no way to sync as it doesn't support either midi clock or Link.....as a stand alone synth it is pretty damn good though, and when coupled with the iMS-20c USB controller it is pretty awesome. iPolysix is just as good, but doesn't have a dedicated controller....Both iMS-20 and iPolysix are actually multiples of the synth, with the engine being used for the drum tracks that are available in them too.

Exactly the same as Andy said. I lost interest in the ids-10 fairly quickly, but the iMS20 is a great sounding beast. I’ve got a real one here so can confirm it sounds very close. But like many Korg apps it almost never gets updated, and now lags behind newer synths functionality-wise.

If you like the MS20 sound it’s still worth getting.

• edited July 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@GovernorSilver said:

Vancouver is a "toy" compared to Stockholm.

Stockholm doesn't let you import samples though, right? It's just a REX file player. That's what the other guy said.

• Even though 'Stockholm' has a keyboard it's not possible to play a single slice across all the keys.
    So for 'melodic' samples Vancouver has it's place...

Now if we could grab 'synth tab' from Stockholm and bake it into Vancouver things would get cooking.

So yah, I still think we need to wait for yet another 'Gadget Cycle' before we have a proper built-in sample-player/sampler in Gadget.

Even if Europa would arrive for Gadget it's would still be one sample per layer but at least we'd get 3 layers...

• @Samu said:
    Another 'sample playback gadget'...
    When will we get a proper Sampler Gadget that can actually do audio-sampling & re-sampling??

I guess I'm becoming more and more friends with BM3, biting my way through its "this-is-not-mine" workflow.

• Is £9.99 the sale price on Vancouver, or will there be a reduction?

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:
    Another 'sample playback gadget'...

I guess I'm becoming more and more friends with BM3, biting my way through its "this-is-not-mine" workflow.

True, but what really bites me is that I have to 'tools' but it's a real pita to combine them.
    I prefer the sequencer/piano-roll in Cubasis, like the sampler in BM3 and most of the Gadgets in Gadget.

If Gadget had Files.app support I could easily use it as a 'loop factory' and use 'Export to iTunes' and pick the loops I need using the Files.app/DocumentPicker interfaces in Cubasis & BM3 just like I can access all the BM3 content from Cubasis and Cubasis content from BM3. I prefer to keep the files inside the app that creates them to avoid clutter. Even with basic files.app support in Gadget it would mean that I could easily to drop samples from BM3 or Cubasis straight into Gadget without the need to use a computer or extra apps and without network connection.

Prior to Files.app we had to use AudioShare to manage files...
    (After AudioShare lost it's WebBrowser I've mostly been using Documents from Readdle to download and manage my files, not just audio files).

And yeah, I'm a real nightmare to handle for most developers unless they just choose to ignore me which in turn is their loss :D

• @Etrehumain said:
    I was waiting for months to complete my gadget collection :)
    No it's time for me to make music seriously with Gadget B)

I think you need to edit the title to this thread. This Gadget is far from being a sampler. It is categorically not a sampler. I actually thought there was a second release when I saw this thread. You cannot sample with this Gadget. There is no sampling about it.

• I'll wait for Doug to review this. I'm disappointed that Korg didn't add any f*ing Files support. If they don't want to add AU support, so be it. Just give me the damn Files support. :lol:

• I wonder why Korg never made Gadget for Windows?....... The user based is bigger..... More Dosh for them....