Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

This just showed up in an update for the Mac version of Gadget so i'm guessing that it will soon be available on iOS. It is a new Gadget called Stockholm. It comes from Reason. I don't use Reason but per the description it is a Gadgetized version of Dr. Octo Rex Player from Reason. Just a heads up. Any new Gadget is good news for me because it gives me new inspiration. Time to give it a run.

Comments

• @VerbaLee said:
    This just showed up in an update for the Mac version of Gadget so i'm guessing that it will soon be available on iOS. It is a new Gadget called Stockholm. It comes from Reason. I don't use Reason but per the description it is a Gadgetized version of Dr. Octo Rex Player from Reason. Just a heads up. Any new Gadget is good news for me because it gives me new inspiration. Time to give it a run.

any pictures? sounds cool

• More info any of you sleuths?

• @VerbaLee said:

Link? I don’t see this news anywhere

• Seems awfully similar to Abu Dhabi if it's based on Dr. Octo Rex.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Seems awfully similar to Abu Dhabi if it's based on Dr. Octo Rex.

that’s what i was thinking too

• edited July 2018

@eross said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Seems awfully similar to Abu Dhabi if it's based on Dr. Octo Rex.

that’s what i was thinking too

Does Abu play Rex Files?

• Korg is so innovative in the ways they disappoint me with Gadget.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Korg is so innovative in the ways they disappoint me with Gadget.

Spot on

• Maybe this could be the start of something big if Propellerheads are collaborating with Korg to build Gadgets. The collaboration sort of goes back a year when Gadget got Allihoopa.

https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/03/korg-gadget-allihoopa/

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Maybe this could be the start of something big if Propellerheads are collaborating with Korg to build Gadgets. The collaboration sort of goes back a year when Gadget got Allihoopa.

Maybe this collab is what Doug was mentioning.

• @99476598326 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Maybe this could be the start of something big if Propellerheads are collaborating with Korg to build Gadgets. The collaboration sort of goes back a year when Gadget got Allihoopa.

That’s what I was thinking.

• well, yep, that's it all right

• @Jumpercollins said:

@99476598326 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

That’s what I was thinking.

I wager it is much bigger than that. Wasnt that in the game changer thread?

• This is very interesting. How far will this collaboration go? Will we see a standalone Europa alongside a Gadget version?

• So after opening up Reason to VSTs, and releasing their own VST synth, Propellerhead is moving back to the closed system implementation? Or does this signify a bigger release here, like maybe a Dr. Octo iPad app, and maybe VST as well?

It would be weird if it were restricted to just this, and a bit disappointing I might add.

• Finally .rex files in IOS. Great !

• @Speedball said:
    Finally .rex files in IOS. Great !

Would have made a nicer AUV3 though....

• I have no intention of using gadget again until it’s auv3. And I don’t think they’ll go that direction.

• Too bad it wasn't a Gadgetised version of Thor.

• Rex Player in iOS comes handy since I have a great amount of these files lying around and I was searching for a Rex player a year ago haha. How much did you pay for Stockholm, when it dropped?
    Is there a convergence coming of propellerhead and KORG on iOS?!

• A real game changer would be a gadget-ised version of iodyssei …that can actually read iodyssei patches!

• I searched google and YouTube for more information maybe on this, but this thread is the only place where it is talked about. Now that’s interesting

• I wonder if there will be some way of making your own Rex files using Gadget ?

• @CRAKROX said:
    I wonder if there will be some way of making your own Rex files using Gadget ?

Doesn't look like it. Can't even import wavs. Lame.

• @Eclipxe said:

@CRAKROX said:
    I wonder if there will be some way of making your own Rex files using Gadget ?

Doesn't look like it. Can't even import wavs. Lame.

Useless for me then.

• edited July 2018

I reached out to Korg Apps on Twitter. Stockholm or not, I hope Korg updates Gadget with Files support.

• On a positive note they did yesterday respond to my query on Korg synth AUv3 possibility wanting to know more about full screen implementation. Maybe they were unaware of recent developments.

• @AudioGus said:

@Speedball said:
    Finally .rex files in IOS. Great !

Would have made a nicer AUV3 though....

Yep, they’ve backed the wrong horse here.

I’ve got a ton of Rex files, but I can’t use Gadget for any period of time due to the battery drain and heat it causes.

A nice little AU player would have been much more useful for me.