Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PATTERNING 2 Drum Machine - Pre Release Demo & Tour

Ben kindly gave me permission to give you a Pre-Release look at Patterning 2 which is now available for Pre-Order and is set for release on the 27 July 2018

You can Pre-Order Patterning 2 here at the App Store
The expected release date is July 27 2018
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/patterning-2/id1332154350?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• edited July 2018

It's a beast of a sequencer now. I am not sure it can be called Drum Machine anymore though. It can do so much more than that.

• @Norbert Yes, I too think it’s much more than a Drum Machine

• For anyone who skipped v1 it’s a must buy now app :)

• The midi coarse tune edit is worth the price of admission. So beats having to limit yourself to 8 notes and set them up on each instrument 1 by one.

• edited July 2018

Amazing... just imagine you have one instance doing ‘main’ drums and a second doing all the magical stuff (crazy percussive stuff) morphing tempo, changing kits, etc. A strong case for AU...

So, what’s with Ableton Link and tempo morphing.... how would that affect other Ableton enabled apps?

• @RajahP said:
    Amazing... just imagine you have one instance doing ‘main’ drums and a second doing all the magical stuff (crazy percussive stuff) morphing tempo, changing kits, etc. A strong case for AU...

So, what’s with Ableton Link and tempo morphing.... how would that affect other Ableton enabled apps?

@RajahP From the Dev, if you are connected to Link tempo changes will be sent out to link. So basically patterning acts as your Master by the sound of it.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RajahP said:

@RajahP From the Dev, if you are connected to Link tempo changes will be sent out to link. So basically patterning acts as your Master by the sound of it.

Fascinating... Thanks..

• I had told myself the added features weren’t important enough to me to make me want it, but your demo put that argument to bed. Pre-ordered. B)

I still wish for some subset of this in an AU midi app, but this one definitely qualifies as one of those apps that are totally worth it as a standalone.

• edited July 2018

@wim said:
    I had told myself the added features weren’t important enough to me to make me want it, but your demo put that argument to bed. Pre-ordered. B)

I still wish for some subset of this in an AU midi app, but this one definitely qualifies as one of those apps that are totally worth it as a standalone.

Yeah I've been skeptical all throughout beta testing but now that it's wrapping up I've come to realize the new features are very useful and easily justify a v2. I would've bought it even if it was just Patterning 1 with a new skin out of support for the genius that was the first app. But now I know for sure I'll be taking the time to export my huge sample library over to 2.

Edit: I also have to add that the original color palette option is mandatory. Without that, despite the improvements, I honestly don't think I'd make the switch. I had trouble being a diligent tester until that option was added in.

• @RajahP said:

Could you run v1 and v2 at the same time?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@RajahP said:

Could you run v1 and v2 at the same time?

yes. yes you can. i love it :D

• Finally someone got the tempo change feature right on iOS! That right there is reason enough for V2.

• All of that...... and this too?

NEW : Quantized Coarse Tuning for easy melodic compositions. Works with randomization for randomly generated melodies.

• @Korakios said:
    For anyone who skipped v1 it’s a must buy now app :)

Absolutely. I’ll be happy I have both after the steep learning curve of v1 (without a manual...).

• Good stuff! One thing I hadn't read about before: there are new layer types for offsetting pitch, decay, etc. In addition to the default ones. Handy, thoughtful stuff!

• Is it possible to switch through patterns via midi?

• After looking at Doug’s great video.. I just had to go back and fire up Patterning 1..
    Never knew so much was packed into this gem.. multiple output,, etc.
    Can’t wait for Patterning 2 ....
    Amazing..