Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Test #1 Using AUM to host non-MPE AU apps in a DIY MPE mode.

It’s not overly complicated but I did it here. KQDixie X5 in AUM restrict the MIDI channels so they each have their own. I chose 5 because on this little seaboard chances are I won’t be playing more than 5 notes. I had to configure the Seaboard Block a little with the desktop editor. Setup also worked with GeoShred in Multichannel mode, and Thumbjam with a little bit of set up. I’m just playing the test setup here, I’m still learning this Seaboard Block. Warning Audio spikes twice from 2:50-3:00 something went wrong here. Anyway, I thought some folks might be interested.

Comments

• Very cool! Tx for sharing.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Very cool! Tx for sharing.

Thanks and you’re welcome! I have more tests to do with this. A lot more iOS stuff (BM3, Sunvox, Gadget, also other non MPE AUv3 stuff I’m thinking) and I had it working with my Korg Kross 2 last night. Korg N1 is next, but pitch bend sounds rubbish on the N1 so we’ll see.