Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Not sure who I am, but I decided to say something!

Hi, everyone!

Long time reader here. Converted to iOS music making years ago. Still amazed day after day, despite iOS inerrant flaws.

A recent post from @LinearLineman where he was wondering how come there are so many viewers and at the same time so few contributors got me thinking.

And then, there is of course the amazing work of Doug
@thesoundtestroom

Then a really touching post from @Daveypoo, about Inspiration and being inspirational just finished nailing it for me.

There is no time for remaining silent. There are so many nice people here, on this forum, and that just has to be said. And now is my time to speak up my mind, even if no one cares and answers. I feel I have to thank you all for gathering here, and making this forum such a nice place to visit and in a way, the world a better place to live in. I wish I could do it personally, one person after another, but my only way to do it for now is just to mention the few names I can remember in this very first post of mine. So here it is, a big thank to you for all those years:

@syrupcore
@Samu
@johnfromberkeley
@Enkerli
@richardyot
@oat_phipps
@JohnnyGoodyear
@CracklePot
@fjcblanco
@lukesleepwalker
@waynerowand
@Carnbot
@gusgranite
@skiphunt
@robosardine
@SpookyZoo
@Janosax
@david_2017
@AndyPlankton
@brice
@tja
@flo26
@Michael_R_Grant
@theconnactic
@brambos
@FredAntonCorvest
@supadom
@Fruitbat1919
@RUST( i )K
@u0421793
@j_liljedahl

And of course
@Michael

I forgot so many others, and I am sorry for that. But know this : you are all heroes of the iOS music making mythology and you should be praised for that but not only. Also simply for being nice human beings.

Cheers.

PS: now is also the time to ask for help as well. So guys, how do you change this f....profile picture? Is there a format, file type?

Comments

• Welcome to you, nice introduction :)

Don’t hesitate to post your questions and creating some threads ;)

About avatar, tap/click on your pseudo on top of forum, and tap picture, then tap « change picture » and upload your new avatar. I don’t think there are too much restrictions, I’ve uploaded mine from iPhone. All of this is on mobile forum version.

• I care, welcome friend. :)

• Thanks for a great first post, greetings! :)

• Classy entrance. Welcome and join in the fun!

• What a nice post!
    Thanks !!
    Have a good day!!
    Cheers!!

• @JanKun Hi, and a very warm welcome to your first posting here, and, yes, that was a fantastic way to introduce yourself, top job :)

• That was a very refreshing read. Welcome, I hope you find everything your looking for here. I know I have learned a lot and made some wonderful friends in my short time here.

• I hope your voice will be heard often here @JanKun! I am sure I could learn from you,

• edited July 2018

Groovy :) cost of admission to this iOS sound world is low, but without all the demos and inspiration of the overall community, I don’t think I would’ve stuck with it.

Curious... how many female users are there here? I see a couple every now and then who are somewhat regular, but most of the regulars are dudes. Are the women just lurking? Or perhaps they’re here but using androgynous names?

Also, why don’t you ever see female iOS sound app developers? Seems like they’re always male. I wonder why?

Would be cool if there were more women engaging for more varied perspectives.

• Thank you for the warm welcome,
    @skiphunt, @LinearLineman, @JudgeDredd, @thesoundtestroom, @gusgranite, @flo26, @waynerowand, @Carnbot, @johnfromberkeley, @TheVimFuego, @Janosax

Here is the song I am the most proud of for now. The music was created by two of my friends back in France. It was created on desktop (Mac and PC). I am currently living in Kyoto. So it is a long distance collaboration. It is the very first time I dare writing lyrics in my native language. The vocals were recorded using the internal mic of my iPad Air 2. My friends did a some work on the vocal on his desktop, but still, I am amazed such result can be achieved with the internal mic of an iPad. Hope you will like it.

Listen to Eternité by Shore Disorder #np on #SoundCloud

• Well done @JanKun. Especially fond of the vocal. Welcome to the forum.

• Nice....welcome.
    Even if i prefer mac over iOS for music creation i must say that i like the community here much more than in all other music forums. I mean it´s maybe THE magic about iOS music creation.
    I see developers fights and customer flaming each other elsewhere but here it´s in general (maybe not always) a very peaceful and warm place to have a look at.
    Maybe 50 views a day are from me. :)

• Yeah, best forum in the world … no contest

• Thanks for the kind words @JanKun - we're glad you're here too!

• Love this track. How do you record the mic into the recording host? If only I had a voice like yours! Envy!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What a beautiful thing to just be grateful and express thanks! Welcome to the best forum a music maker could ask for, @JanKun

I second @skiphunt in regards to female voices. Would love to hear about more on both sides of iOS music.

• Wow, that is indeed a great track. The vocal is terrific. And I’m extremely picky about vocals. Great job, and thanks for stepping in out of the shadows. B)

• edited July 2018

@JanKun said:
    Thank you for the warm welcome,
    @skiphunt, @LinearLineman, @JudgeDredd, @thesoundtestroom, @gusgranite, @flo26, @waynerowand, @Carnbot, @johnfromberkeley, @TheVimFuego, @Janosax

Here is the song I am the most proud of for now. The music was created by two of my friends back in France. It was created on desktop (Mac and PC). I am currently living in Kyoto. So it is a long distance collaboration. It is the very first time I dare writing lyrics in my native language. The vocals were recorded using the internal mic of my iPad Air 2. My friends did a some work on the vocal on his desktop, but still, I am amazed such result can be achieved with the internal mic of an iPad. Hope you will like it.

Listen to Eternité by Shore Disorder #np on #SoundCloud

@JanKun Welcome!

Wow, Love that track a lot! Just my cuppa tea. :)

Thanks for posting.

• this thread went perfect with my breakfast, welcome and that was some very nice music you posted.

• edited July 2018

I just view the forum now.. Tried to ask questions originally and got spectacularly shot down and made to look a cock by one of the lifers in here. Seem to remember a user called Superdong or something.

• Welcome, man! :)

• @JangoMango said:
    I just view the forum now.. Tried to ask questions originally and got spectacularly shot down and made to look a cock by one of the lifers in here. Seem to remember a user called Superdong or something.

That doesn’t sound good. Hopefully just an isolated incident?

Did you get decent answers for your questions eventually?

• Please feel free and I liked your thanking of different members. Theres some really amazing users and developers on this forum. We're Spoiled

• Thank you. And in return:

Victor Borge, composing

• @JangoMango said:

That's unfortunate - sorry you got such a response. Thanks for chiming in here and I hope you start contributing again