Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.

Comments

• The MIDI Bank Change has been fixed on Moog Model D with the latest update. Apparently it was only responding to CC00 and not CC32. Now sees both. I only knew it wasnt working before LOL. I can confirm this appears to be working properly now.

• So Moog Model D and Korg iM1 make the list

• @MikeyP said:
    The MIDI Bank Change has been fixed on Moog Model D with the latest update. Apparently it was only responding to CC00 and not CC32. Now sees both. I only knew it wasnt working before LOL. I can confirm this appears to be working properly now.

Nice! Thanks for the news.

• edited June 2018

AudioKit Synth One supports Bank Select via MSB.

I added the functionality because of this thread. Trying to make ya'll happy. 😄

• @analog_matt said:

:heart:

• @analog_matt said:

That's awesome! Top man Matt! :)

• edited June 2018

@analog_matt said:

Hi Matt.
    Congrats on the release. Massive sounding Synth!

I'm finding a couple of midi issues though.

1) My controller does not show up in the app. And I'm having to link it to Synth One via AUM's midi matrix. It's connected via usb lead and CCK. I've not had the controller fail to show up before, so I'm not sure what the issue is. With this current connection it shows up in another half dozen apps I've tested this evening.

2) Once connected via AUM, the Program Change is working well, however I'm not able to do Bank Change.

Cheers

• edited June 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

1) My controller does not show up in the app.

Thank you. Have you selected all the available midi inputs in the “settings” button and it still doesn’t work?

• @analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Thank you. Have you selected all the available midi inputs in the “settings” button and it still doesn’t work?

Hi Matt, yeah when I went to settings, the controller just doesn’t show up in that list.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Hi Matt, yeah when I went to settings, the controller just doesn’t show up in that list.

Did you check everything else in that list?

• edited June 2018

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Hi Matt, I did. Everything I connect shows up and can play the keys. Except the X-Station.

So, a few interesting discoveries....

• The only controller of mine that is NOT being recognised by Synth 1 is the X-Station.

• I have a number of X-Stations, I tested 3 of them and neither of them were displayed when connected via USB

• However if I connect these via a Yamaha MD-BT01 (bluetooth dongle) S1 does recognise and connect.

• The X-Station models also have audio interfaces, so I suspect that this could be at least part of the reason?

• Even when connected, I cannot seem to get Bank Change working. Is this using MSB 00?

thanks

• edited June 2018

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Ok, just found that X-station is in the list but is not listed.

There is an empty name slot at the beginning of the list and only found it by accidentally ticking the empty space.

Strange..

Bank Change not working though.

• Thank you @SpookyZoo, we're looking into it.

• Is the "-" in the name causing a problem?

• edited July 2018

@SpookyZoo said:
    I cannot seem to get Bank Change working.

Thanks for your patience. It's been a busy week.

Tested bank change. And, it appears to be working. (For me, at least)

Here's a demonstration using Ableton:

Thanks!

• edited July 2018

• edited July 2018

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I cannot seem to get Bank Change working.

Thanks for your patience. It's been a busy week.

Tested bank change. And, it appears to be working. (For me, at least)

Heres's a demonstration using Ableton:

If you're sending on MSB, can you try LSB?

Thanks!

Pretty sure my controller sends CC0 val 0, then CC32 with value for the bank. CC32 being the LSB.

Is there a new version out to test?

Had to replace my lost iPad this week (aaaaggghhhh tears) so may need to redownload.

• @SpookyZoo said:

We haven't changed the Bank select code. So, you should be good.
    Hope we can figure this out for you.

Had to replace my lost iPad this week so may need to redownload.

Bummer! :o

Glad you were able to replace your iPad!

• @analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

We haven't changed the Bank select code. So, you should be good.
    Hope we can figure this out for you.

Had to replace my lost iPad this week so may need to redownload.

Bummer! :o

Glad you were able to replace your iPad!

It took cash savings though. Heartbreaking! :(

Anyhoo, just tried again and seems like a backward step. For my scenario at least.

The controller doesn't even get listed with no name now. It's just not there.

I still can only connect via other means, in my case AUM midi Matrix.

I still can't get Synth One to recognise the Bank Change although PC is working.

These are the messages sent by my controller for Bank Change...

Well done on the great work, people love it. But I guess I'm just not meant to use this one! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I still can't get Synth One to recognize the Bank Change although PC is working.

Drat! Sorry this is giving you so much trouble.

And, thanks for all the sleuthing. 🙏

• @analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I still can't get Synth One to recognize the Bank Change although PC is working.

Drat! Sorry this is giving you so much trouble.

And, thanks for all the sleuthing. 🙏

Has something changed with the connected midi device list? Should it still be visible in the settings tab?

Can you let me know which MSB & LSB values you used for your bank change?

If they’re different to the X-Station, I could use StreamByter to remap them. Thanks in advance.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Has something changed with the connected midi device list? Should it still be visible in the settings tab?

Great question. Synth One will now automatically connect to every MIDI device it detects. Making it more plug-n-play for users who may not be as familiar with iPad Synths. The device list was depreciated.

Synth One uses MSB only, cc0.

• Btw, Synth One responds to MSB for bank change. Set up a Midi Designer template for preset exploring and just tried MSB and LSB and MSB is what Synth One reposes to. That would explain why sending the LSB isn’t working. Spooky, it looks like you are sending MSB 0 then an LSB bank number. The result would that it would switch to Bank 0 (1) When you send those commands.

MSB is working fine on my rig.

• edited July 2018

@analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Great question. Synth One will now automatically connect to every MIDI device it detects. Making it more plug-n-play for users who may not be as familiar with iPad Synths. The device list was depreciated.

Ah ok, how it was before I could at lest connect by ticking the blank name in the list. I’ll just have to connnect via AUM. Or Bluetooth maybe. No biggie.

Synth One uses MSB only, cc0.

@espiegel123 said:
    Btw, Synth One responds to MSB for bank change. Set up a Midi Designer template for preset exploring and just tried MSB and LSB and MSB is what Synth One reposes to. That would explain why sending the LSB isn’t working. Spooky, it looks like you are sending MSB 0 then an LSB bank number. The result would that it would switch to Bank 0 (1) When you send those commands.

Thanks guys. I’ll see if I can get StreamByter to remap for me.

Looks like I’m gonna have a dedicated SYNTH ONE - AUM preset. :)

• @espiegel123 said:
    Btw, Synth One responds to MSB for bank change. Set up a Midi Designer template for preset exploring and just tried MSB and LSB and MSB is what Synth One reposes to. That would explain why sending the LSB isn’t working. Spooky, it looks like you are sending MSB 0 then an LSB bank number. The result would that it would switch to Bank 0 (1) When you send those commands.

Thanks for testing this. Glad it is working!

🔥💥👏

• edited July 2018

@SpookyZoo said:
    Ah ok, how it was before I could at lest connect by ticking the blank name in the list. I’ll just have to connnect via AUM. Or Bluetooth maybe. No biggie.

Thanks. And, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your patience!

• @analog_matt said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Thanks. And, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your patience!

And as if by magic...... :)

• @SpookyZoo wrote

Thanks guys. I’ll see if I can get StreamByter to remap for me.

>

Fortunately, it is just one or two lines of streambyter

• Just a little note re: Bank changes in Sunrizer for iPad.

If you send a CC#0 message for a bank number that exceeds your actual existing number of banks followed by a PC you will crash the app. I've reproduced this crash many times.

Also, Sunrizer ignores certain banks and automatically duplicates a couple of banks that are already in the bank list (Default and something else that I can't recall now that I'm away from the app). It really doesn't seem to make sense. It ignores my 'Favorites' bank too...which is really useless.

Love the sounds but it all seems kinda clunky if you actually want to access presets for live use via a MIDI controller.

Has anybody solved this Sunrizer bank changes problem with 100% success?

• edited August 2018

Pet Peeve: Moog Model D. If you edit a preset and save it, the app sticks the new preset right after the one you used to make it from, bumping all other patches in that bank up one. Causing you to have to change any references to any patches after that.

I just figured out how to create a user bank just now but does anyone know if that messes the bank numbers? It puts the new bank in alphabetical order with the others.