Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VIDEO of 5 tracks made today for the 4th of July on iMPC Pro 2

Comments

• I used all sounds from AudioPaste App

• app is really got a nice little workflow

• Very cool, nice set of grooves.

If the music one is doing is groove based or sample heavy iMPC2 is up there with BM3, just on a more streamlined level- which is good if you don't need too many distractions & bells and whistles.

• @JRSIV said:
    Very cool, nice set of grooves.

If the music one is doing is groove based or sample heavy iMPC2 is up there with BM3, just on a more streamlined level- which is good if you don't need too many distractions & bells and whistles.

Very true people are sleeping on this app I like it

• For some reason I have never been able to get into the MPC apps very much, and I’ve owned quite a few hardware MPCs in my lifetime. I seem to always go for Beathawk or BM3. Need to fire it up and give it another try.

• iMPC Pro is a top app for me because it is totally self sustainable.

I can ENJOY and COMPLETE a song with NO OTHER apps.

That is awesome.

Lost is the bomb for this mix for me.

However, 4th = Make up Sex? Fireworks?

Little knocking' on the 4th, eah?

Do tell playa.............

Second thought, don't!

Props on some fly compositions ShazMan!

I almost can see some "Telephone Lover" ------Bwa Bwa Come Now! Shabba

• i like it

• @RUST( i )K said:
    iMPC Pro is a top app for me because it is totally self sustainable.

That is awesome.

Second thought, don't!

lol thanks man

• Nice clean production

• @gusgranite said:
    Nice clean production

thank you

• Well done, Shazamm! Bravo!

• @theconnactic said:
    Well done, Shazamm! Bravo!

why thank you

• I like the app except a few of things that make my MPC live better (aprt form hands on controls obviously)

no layering per pad
    no fx per pad

and finally the real killer for iOS sample based apps in general:

I find it incredibly tedious to import samples (not just on iMPC PRo 2 but on any app really)

• edited July 2018

@AikiGhost said:
    I like the app except a few of things that make my MPC live better (aprt form hands on controls obviously)

no layering per pad
    no fx per pad

I find it incredibly tedious to import samples (not just on iMPC PRo 2 but on any app really)Where can I find the pdf manual before I purchase the app?

Hi I have some questions abouth iMPC pro 2:

Does it have:
    - the ‘fast’ MPC style metronome?
    - can I make programs and assign those to tracks?
    - can I timestretch a sample: auto detect bpm —> timestretch —-> new project tempo bpm
    - alternate (ping pong) looping
    - adsr per pad?
    - does it have the MPC song mode? (play sequence #1 - 2 x, next play sequence #2 - 4x, etc)
    - can I record pad mutes in a sequence?

• @gusgranite said:
    Nice clean production

yeah, it's rare someone dares to post a mono mixdown these days... ;) o:)

• edited July 2018

@SlowwFloww said:

@AikiGhost said:
    I like the app except a few of things that make my MPC live better (aprt form hands on controls obviously)

no layering per pad

are there > no fx per pad

I find it incredibly tedious to import samples (not just on iMPC PRo 2 but on any app really)Where can I find the pdf manual before I purchase the app?

Hi I have some questions abouth iMPC pro 2:

Does it have:
    - the ‘fast’ MPC style metronome?
    - can I make programs and assign those to tracks?
    - can I timestretch a sample: auto detect bpm —> timestretch —-> new project tempo bpm
    - alternate (ping pong) looping
    - adsr per pad?
    - does it have the MPC song mode? (play sequence #1 - 2 x, next play sequence #2 - 4x, etc)
    - can I record pad mutes in a sequence?

I think it does most of what you ask... I can’t seem to find a video on basic functionality of this app.. I want to love it, may even buy the desktop software (MPC Software 2) since it can be used with a Jam controller...

But I can’t even get my Stepolyarp, Quantumn, Future Drummer’s midi-out recorded into iMPC Pro 2..

Seem like syncing to Blocs Wave is there... I guess one needs to export to ‘AudioCopy’ first and not directly into iMPC Pro 2... ?

Edit... How about Midi import?

Edit again...

The soundtestroom video on iMPC Pro 2...

• @Retronyms Any progress with the convert stereo sample to mono right bug?

• @AikiGhost said:

no layering per pad
    no fx per pad

I find it incredibly tedious to import samples (not just on iMPC PRo 2 but on any app really)

yeah I wish there was a better way

• The problem with this app is it’s nowhere near the mpclive in power...or workflow...? Which I find odd. I own it and I own the mpclive and I never find myself drawn to using the app...but this is my opinion. I’m just never finding that I am a fan of retronyms...I buy, I try...it’s just never is a working relationship. Beathawk and beatmaker3 both get use beyond this app. I wish I could say it is not true...but it is true.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    The problem with this app is it’s nowhere near the mpclive in power...or workflow...? Which I find odd. I own it and I own the mpclive and I never find myself drawn to using the app...but this is my opinion. I’m just never finding that I am a fan of retronyms...I buy, I try...it’s just never is a working relationship. Beathawk and beatmaker3 both get use beyond this app. I wish I could say it is not true...but it is true.

have you ever tried staring a beat on impc pro and exporting it to mpc live?

• I haven’t, because the mpclive is also very mobile...so I just never reach for the iPad in this scenario. The mpclive battery also lasts longer than the iPad Pro running impc pro. Impc pro is a buggier experience overall. The two things have different engine sounds. The tactile feel of the live just wins over screen tapping. The effects are different between the two. It’s not a tightly thought out integration, they really are two different things in use, with one of the two being underwhelming. Lastly touching back on the mobile aspect...the iPad Pro in the otter box weighs nearly the same as the mpclive and has a similar footprint minus the physical controls...why would anyone owning both pick the iPad version? I can even say the workflow is not the same either. I am however sure the impc pro is very nice for those who enjoy using it...it is probably the best thing retronyms has ever made. I really think that the app would prosper being a computer replacement for people who want mobile mpc2.0 instead? Due to its portability and ability to run iOS auv3 and so on...and even then...laptop and better vst/AU plugs?

I think the ideal market for the app version are those who are MPC X owners looking for a portable solution, or those who can’t budget the mpclive/MPCX and would love to access a similar MPC workflow as a much more affordable app.

It has its place, just doesn’t do much in my setup.

• Perhaps if they make impc pro 2 an audio unit...I would definitely see me using it and it bringing more value to my workflow.

• @Shazamm said:

@RUST( i )K said:

That is awesome.

Second thought, don't!

lol thanks man

No seriously

The last track

Imagine Telephone lover vocals, S man and the chick on the song.

I think you could put some vocals on that for real and get some more mileage out of it.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Shazamm said:

@RUST( i )K said:

That is awesome.

Second thought, don't!

lol thanks man

No seriously

The last track

Imagine Telephone lover vocals, S man and the chick on the song.

I think you could put some vocals on that for real and get some more mileage out of it.

I will super consider it lol thanks

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Perhaps if they make impc pro 2 an audio unit...I would definitely see me using it and it bringing more value to my workflow.

OMG I would absolutely use it over beatmaker 3

• Unfortunately I wouldn’t it’s just not as powerful as bm3 for my use.
    But I do like my mpclive alot

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Unfortunately I wouldn’t it’s just not as powerful as bm3 for my use.
    But I do like my mpclive alot

Well as an audio unit it would change the game for me

• An audio unit would be welcome. For sure!