Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Itunes: Playlist Frustration

What is the deal with iTunes?

I haven't used it in years.

But, trying to use with with current DJ program on MacBook and can't even add a playlist.

Won't allow it.

So antiquated. My God.

Is there another iTunes type app that allows access to iTunes purchases and to properly organize them in real playlists?

Or pipe dream?

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:
    What is the deal with iTunes?

I haven't used it in years.

But, trying to use with with current DJ program on MacBook and can't even add a playlist.

Won't allow it.

So antiquated. My God.

Is there another iTunes type app that allows access to iTunes purchases and to properly organize them in real playlists?

Or pipe dream?

Not sure if the same on Mac, but on PC when in iTunes, go to library....right click on any track, and there is an option to Add To Playlist, click that, and you can then either create a new playlist or add to an existing one.

• edited July 2018

Itunes has been taken over by Radio or "Music" you might need to sign in/authorise/connect icloud etc. If you own music, Itunes might not be the tool for you anymore. Seems as though the software is heavily biased towards having you subscribe to their streaming service, which in all fairness gives you a lot without much hassle or expense. For DJs however, who are into owning music and setting up playlists, you might want to use some hardware like CDJs because the days of DJing with mp3s seem to be counting down. Why do I say this? Because it's becoming increasingly difficult to actually purchase music, at least through Itunes. With each release they distance the music you hear on the streaming service from the music in the store. If the goal was to sell music, the streaming service would want to make it easier for you to buy it. But I think because of the Itunes Match catastrophe that killed so many people's music libraries, they are incrementally moving towards letting everyone access the library for a small monthly fee without owning any rights.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Itunes has been taken over by Radio or "Music" you might need to sign in/authorise/connect icloud etc. If you own music, Itunes might not be the tool for you anymore. Seems as though the software is heavily biased towards having you subscribe to their streaming service, which in all fairness gives you a lot without much hassle or expense. For DJs however, who are into owning music and setting up playlists, you might want to use some hardware like CDJs because the days of DJing with mp3s seem to be counting down. Why do I say this? Because it's becoming increasingly difficult to actually purchase music, at least through Itunes. With each release they distance the music you hear on the streaming service from the music in the store. If the goal was to sell music, the streaming service would want to make it easier for you to buy it. But I think because of the Itunes Match catastrophe that killed so many people's music libraries, they are incrementally moving towards letting everyone access the library for a small monthly fee without owning any rights.

Yup

I hear you

I like several other sites and yes I like to own my stuff.

I actually have some Defected DJ tools and some other purchases I wanted to implement with my MacBook DJ software program.

Thanks!