Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Circuit Drone Ambient sort of trick/workflow (works on iOS too :))

Hey guys,

I found this video yesterday and found it pretty useful for circuit owners, but the concept can easily be transferred to iOSical stuff too. I tried already successful with StepPolyArp in AUM. Maybe I can record later the jam and up it on soundcloud.
Hope you find it useful too, its pretty easy but I never thought of it before (basically its about setting the step length to 1)...

Comments

• Of course you need to adjust the drums so they are more suitable for ambient, downtempo and such ;)

• Nicely done!
    I have done this with sustained note held for 16 (gate) in a 15 long pattern, so off never gets triggered...
    This is a neat trick too.
    😃

• @id_23 said:
    Nicely done!
    I have done this with sustained note held for 16 (gate) in a 15 long pattern, so off never gets triggered...
    😃

Oh cool! Thanks for sharing that! I didn’t know you can do that. I am excited for the 1.7 update. I hope this will turn the circuit into an ambient monster,... and I can rethink my digitione lusting haha

• @david_2017 said:

@id_23 said:
    Nicely done!
    😃

Oh cool! Thanks for sharing that! I didn’t know you can do that. I am excited for the 1.7 update. I hope this will turn the circuit into an ambient monster,... and I can rethink my digitione lusting haha

When is 1.7?

I thought it was due?

Maybe they got some more ideas to add and also heard feedback from the preview of the 1.7 and took feedback.

Not.

LOL

• Incase no one believes the OP on how synths on IOS can do this trick.

A trick featured in one of the vids:
    Pick your favorite synth (or the great on inside Xynthesizr)
    Crank up the tempo (goes up to 300bpm)
    Dial down to 1-2 steps
    Hit randomize button
    Seed notes (just a few)
    Press play

• adjust probability of change to taste

Enjoy

• @audiblevideo
    Cool! Thanks for sharing! I have never seen this video. I was referring to SPA. I didn’t with SPA, but I think there are tons of other options haha