Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

continous track creation when recording from DM1 to Cubasis

i may be doing something wrong... but after an initial recording from DM1 to Cubasis, it seems that Audiobus does not create additional tracks in Cubasis. I've been having to shut down my Ipad completely first... like a reboot... before Audiobus will create another track in Cubasis. Thanks for insight...

Comments

• You mean you can't manually add new tracks?

• Just tried it: I'm having no problem

• Hi, I have the same problem. When I change apps Cubasis doesn't create a new track but here's a work-around. Once you've recorded your first instrument make a new audio track then drag your first recording to the new track. Make sure that the, now empty, track is activated for recording and you will be able to record a new instrument from Audiobus.

• You can use workarounds and just use the default track that Cubasis makes for you.. but it's fairly simple just to set a new audio track to record from Audiobus source yourself.

Just add a new audio track > Go to routing on the left > Change 'mono input' to 'audiobus' > select the audiobus loaded app. Done!

If you disable record on the original track and enable record on this new one... you're good to go :)

• @skoptic said:

You can use workarounds and just use the default track that Cubasis makes for you.. but it's fairly simple just to set a new audio track to record from Audiobus source yourself.

Just add a new audio track > Go to routing on the left > Change 'mono input' to 'audiobus' > select the audiobus loaded app. Done!

If you disable record on the original track and enable record on this new one... you're good to go :)

I've been doing it this way for a while....

It would be great if if worked the way that @toandbeyond expected in OP: launch of new app in AudioBus automatically makes new audio track in Cubasis.

But, this seems like a fix that would red to come from the Cubasis side of things, not AudioBus.