Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Absolutely SUPERB composer tool

This desktop app is new, so you may not have heard about it. It's also relatively expensive, but the results I've been getting are phenomenal! After an hour I had a very pleasant string quartet piece that I can listen to again and again. It also does ambient, electronic, and several other genres. If you are stuck with writer's block, this could be the perfect tool. I've also used it as a source for noodling with synthesizer settings, because then I can focus on the synth instead of playing simultaneously. NOTE: I have no affiliation with this company or product. I'm just sharing what I think is a great but relatively unknown composition tool.

https://www.orb-composer.com

Examples: https://www.orb-composer.com/created-with-orb/

Comments

• Whoever made that web page can't spell rhythm correctly.

• Which version did you use? Basic or pro?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Whoever made that web page can't spell rhythm correctly.

I think the company is based in France, so English is probably not their first language. I'm guessing.

• Upgrading is 50 more expensive!
    That’s a stupid idea, prevents people from upgrading.

Will avoid that company ...

• This sounds like one of those tools that a Professional would use and justify the expense as a productivity aid. If you have ever written music on paper for trained classical or studio musicians you'd see the benefit of getting the parts written accurately so they music comes out sounding perfect.

The $50 more to upgrade strategy suggests you should just save the money and start with the Pro product, right?

Most of the folks here just by-pass the notated music and just program sound modules
    with other tools so this type of software doesn't really solve the right problem for us.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Whoever made that web page can't spell rhythm correctly.

>

Indeed, everybody knows it is riddim. :) :) :)

• I´m more in joy with tools like The Orchestra which are amazing for live performances and inspiring.
    There is some magic which makes small libraries sounds huge and dynamic.
    IOS needs to catch up with these performance tools.

• The buzzword '1st AI compomposition tool...' is a bit overstretching imho.
    That claim is taken by PG Music with their 'Band in a Box' product for decades.
    BiaB may look like a mess on screen, but it can be quite productive once you learn what to ignore or avoid ;)
    My version is too old to have the 'learn my own style' feature, but guessing from the general performance that might be really interesting to have.

• @Cib said:
    I´m more in joy with tools like The Orchestra which are amazing for live performances and inspiring.

that looks like a great solution (at an affordable price) for the typical 'strange' mix sound impression that scores based on individual sample libs often come along with.
    It just doesn't sound like 'an orchestra' or even a section.

• Quite amused that it costs so much and yet does not produce a percussion track, seems like a big omission.

• @Cib said:
    I´m more in joy with tools like The Orchestra which are amazing for live performances and inspiring.

Are you referring to this app? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-orchestra/id560078788?mt=8

• @jigglypuff said:

@Cib said:

Are you referring to this app? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-orchestra/id560078788?mt=8

No sorry. Since it´s OT i talk about this Kontakt library here:

• @Cib said:

Very interesting, thanks! Looks more refined than Orb, and the same price, but I prefer to avoid Kontakt myself. I've never liked the interface.

• @jigglypuff said:

@Cib said:

Very interesting, thanks! Looks more refined than Orb, and the same price, but I prefer to avoid Kontakt myself. I've never liked the interface.

i also don´t like the GUI and layout of Kontakt mostly but there are just some outstanding instruments there and it´s still the best thing to handle large sample libraries.
    I love to play for hours with The Orchestra without recording things. Just great to "jam" around and how fluid it and dynamic it can sound by just playing some chords into it without getting that arp machine gun or generative feeling.
    The samples are just O.k but the engine behind is just so easy and brilliant at the same time.
    I could say the same about the Heavyocity stuff. I love all their tools.

• That is also an excellent app for generating music. Orb generates higher quality music with more parts, and better control of the result (in my opinion). Orb has a beta feel though, because some features are not yet implemented. I recommend it due to the quality of the music it generates.

• @jigglypuff said:

That is also an excellent app for generating music. Orb generates higher quality music with more parts, and better control of the result (in my opinion). Orb has a beta feel though, because some features are not yet implemented. I recommend it due to the quality of the music it generates.

Yes - as far as I can see Orb-Composer is NOT an iOS app! At those prices I'm glad.

• @McDtracy said:
    The $50 more to upgrade strategy suggests you should just save the money and start with the Pro product, right?

For me, this suggest that i better know if i ever would like to use the Pro version, in front of buying any version.

And that’s a bad idea.

A linear upgrade is the only usefull solution.

• I don’t think ORB produces any sound on it’s own, it needs to be hooked up to a desktop DAW, then uses the sounds from the DAW to produce music, I think it also has templates for all the major DAWs though, total pain to set it up with Reason though, but pretty straight forward in FL and Cubase, however try running 10 instances of Kontakt to power 10 scenes in ORB and, well you need a fair amount of power etc etc