Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRC polyphonic - let’s talk again

Always fashionably late to every party, I’ve been reading about DRC synth.

Is it still considered great stuff in light of 2018’s synth releases?

Comments

• Its still a nice synth but you need to get all the IAP’s to get the most out of it. I use it mostly for bass as it has some nice bass sounds. For the price its not bad at all.

• Sounds great to my ears, I use it a lot for vintage sounds! Developer is very responsive too

• Developer is incredibly responsive as said above. There are rumors of it going auv3 in the future. If that happens it is surely a contender for Zeeon and other leading synths. Really good sounds come out of this app.

• Really love the tone of the DRC Synth. Two thumbs up, would buy again 👍🏻👍🏻

• The synth releases of 2018 cannot best DRC in terms of basic sound. It makes many synths sound like weak tea in comparison. Nothing beats it,

• I’m impressed every time I open it, but I rarely open it because it’s not AU. However, I have it on the desktop as well...

• @DCJ said:
    I’m impressed every time I open it, but I rarely open it because it’s not AU. However, I have it on the desktop as well...

It actually works pretty well in ApeMatrix with various other synths, drum machines,, midi generators, etc. Only one instance, though...

• Yep, DRC is great. Some nice saturation stages included. It‘s a really „dirty“ synth.
    I do wish preset sharing with other people would be more easy.

• @analog_matt said:
    Really love the tone of the DRC Synth. Two thumbs up, would buy again 👍🏻👍🏻

Ditto.

• The logo is apt. It feels like there is electricity running through it. It feels dangerous, in a wonderful way.

• @ALB said:

@DCJ said:
    I’m impressed every time I open it, but I rarely open it because it’s not AU. However, I have it on the desktop as well...

It actually works pretty well in ApeMatrix with various other synths, drum machines,, midi generators, etc. Only one instance, though...

Man I bet. I just have a hard time incorporating standalone in my workflow. I actively try and always regret it. But that’s not DRC’s fault. It’s in the highest class and came too long before the AU revolution. :D

• Make sure to check out Imaginadio's YouTube channel where they very regularly upload videos on how to recreate sounds from popular songs with DRC: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCZf0RdeP79xF0FuT5DIofQ/videos

• It's the sleeper hit synth of iOS. I strongly disagree with the above post that you need all the IAP to make the most of it; the IAP are solely presets, and you get access to all the functionality when you buy the synth. It rounds out the top 5 best subtractive synths list with the two Moogs, Zeeon, and mood.

• Synth engine and filter/drive stage are top notch - and it got it's own character :+1:

• This synth is one of the best!

Plus they have a VST in which presets are shared via cloud!

This is an amazing synth with a fresh way of doing a classic thing.

The developer is super engaged and hard working.

A MUST HAVE!

• Only bug is the IAA midi is broken , anyone else confirm? (I mailed support)
    Fortunately virtual midi works :)

• Thanks all!
    I played with the demo last night and was impressed. As annoying as the pop up ads to purchase are i understand. Try before you buy must have some limits. I wish more developers would follow this, I’d have a few less apps.

Feels like “a must” to me.

• edited June 2018

@kinkujin said: I’d have a few less apps.

Yeah I think you hit on the reason why we don't see this very much :)

definitely a must have synth this, one of my faves and will be in use by me a lot more again when it becomes an AU.....

• Oh, forgot to add, their totally free AU effect DLYM, released a couple weeks ago, is top-notch. I've used it for tracks several times already.

• Yep, top quality.

• @Korakios said:
    Only bug is the IAA midi is broken , anyone else confirm? (I mailed support)
    Fortunately virtual midi works :)

Really?

In AB or AUM?

I have not had any trouble?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh, forgot to add, their totally free AU effect DLYM, released a couple weeks ago, is top-notch. I've used it for tracks several times already.

It is really unique in a cool retro yet modern way.

• edited June 2018

What i like too about DRC is the GUI. Works great across mac and iOS for me. I like the bright one.
    Also easy on CPU as well.

• @RUST( i )K said:

This describes both DRC and DLYM...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Exactly!

Hey Wayne it like a time machine

• edited June 2018

.> @RUST( i )K said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Exactly!

Hey Wayne it like a time machine

I'd better get it then, it'll match my wardrobe

• this was my response to an audiobus forum discussion about DRC;

'I find the distortion characteristics that exist in the iOS DRC synthesiser similar to many analogue synths I've used.

Distortion characteristics of the VCA, the filter feedback loop, filter, and the imperfection (distortion) of the osc waveforms are the things that make analogue synths sound nice IMO.

DRC has the ability to impart subtle, and not-so-subtle distortion/saturation.

The mixer section has sliders that allow you to dial-in the amount of distortion/saturation for master, pre-gain, oscillator one, oscillator two, etc. The sliders and the way they control the individual components (master, Pre-gain, osc1, etc.) react in an interconnected manner.

Combine the above with the VCA's keyboard tracking, velocity tracking, filter modulation keyboard tracking and velocity tracking, and you will hear some very organic, punchy, analogue like sounds.

DRC can be a very flexible/deep synthesiser. I'm looking forward to its AU release.'

• Thanks frond. This put me over the top. Nice weekend ahead - I purchased this and then downloaded Synth One (synth won).

• Want to love this synth but despite the frequent updates I have to big problems:

1. On iPad Pro 2018 12.9 when I play the synth in the daw, Cubase, Auria or AUM, there is a background noise that do not go away even when I stopped to play;
    2. The volume of the synth even when maxed out is far quieter then all the other synths in the mix .

Anyone noticed the same?

Is there a way to fix these?

• If you like synths, you'll like drc