Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth one

I can't stop. I've tried, but I can't.
It's too dope...
Ok... Back to synth one....

Comments

• Synth Won?

• @brice said:
    Synth Won?

Ha yes, yes it is 😎

• Newbie question: I added AudioKit Synth One (AKSO) as a MIDI instrument in a Cubasis Project. After recording that track I tried to create another MIDI track using AKSO and Cubasis complained it was already in use on track 1.

Watching Doug's excellent Cubasis video I can see he has a dozen or so AKSO tracks playing back. What am I missing to be able to do that?

I'm also getting a lot of noise/crackling and unplayed MIDI events. I would like to know some ideas to be able to get more use of AKSO before starting to have resource issues:

drop buffer sizes?
    use AB3 or AUM?

McD

• @McDtracy said:
    Watching Doug's excellent Cubasis video I can see he has a dozen or so AKSO tracks playing back. What am I missing to be able to do that?

Doug had recorded individual tracks as audio. You can see the audio waveforms and not any midi piano roll data.

• @bigbrick said:
    Doug had recorded individual tracks as audio.

Thanks.

• I took a break to tardigrain cuz that app is my homie 🙂 but now ima synthwon again for a bit and layer over my grains

• It’s one of the best and free!

• i hope AUv3 is coming

• I love it, however I am finding it may be very CPU intensive. On my iPad2017 I am getting crackling when running Synth One and Navichord at the same time. Time to start testing a bit more and figure out if it is my setup or either of the apps.

• edited February 2019

I am having the same issue with crackling noise on the ipad pro 2nd gen. I really like this synth and want to buy the D1 Synth, but in expectation of the same problem i wont. Already set the buffer size to 1024, still crackling. Does anyone have a clue how this can be solved?

• @J33Z said:
    I am having the same issue with crackling noise on the ipad pro 2nd gen. I really like this synth and want to buy the D1 Synth, but in expectation of the same problem i wont. Already set the buffer size to 1024, still crackling. Does anyone have a clue how this can be solved?

What OS version are you running?

• 12.1.3. Did a restart and opened just synth one, did not help

• No problems with either on my Pro2. OS 12.2.

• Really wishing for AUv3 please?

• I dont get the crackling on every preset, but on synthwave 76, indie ambient, mellow flute (when i press more than one key)...just to name a few.
    Man, this sucks. The sounds are so awesome.

• @J33Z said:
    I dont get the crackling on every preset, but on synthwave 76, indie ambient, mellow flute (when i press more than one key)...just to name a few.

Did you try to raise the buffer size ?

• edited February 2019

@J33Z said:

@J33Z said:
    I dont get the crackling on every preset, but on synthwave 76, indie ambient, mellow flute (when i press more than one key)...just to name a few.

No problem here...

In this AUM session I’m running Synth One with synthwave 76, one D1 instance (Deepspace 2001 patch) and a Sunrizer Patch.

Buffer size 256, High Quality measurement Mode ON - DSP 34% no crackles...
    iPad Pro 10.5, IOS 12.1.3

Edit//
    Added one more ISEM ARP and the DSP is between 37% and 39%.

Everything looks and sounding fine...

• I checked for a system update and installed 12.1.4. It has solved the problem. No more crackles. Maybe i should have checked that first.. Thanks for all your support! Going to install D1 now :)

• edited February 2019

No, the crackles are back

Synthwave 76

• Don’t update with the microtonal keyboard you won’t be able to open the app.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Don’t update with the microtonal keyboard you won’t be able to open the app.

What OS? I updated earlier today and it worked for me in an iPad 6 with 12.3.1

• @espiegel123 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@espiegel123 latest iOS not beta. iPad Pro 9.7 2016 it may be iPad model specific then.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@espiegel123 latest iOS not beta. iPad Pro 9.7 2016 it may be iPad model specific then.

Of OS 12.4 specific? Have you power-cycled your iPad?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Of OS 12.4 specific? Have you power-cycled your iPad?

Power cycling sorted it cheers.

• My say now I got this working what a great update ARP presets sound fab.

• Is the plan still to make this auv3?

• edited November 2019

@reasOne said:
    Is the plan still to make this auv3?

Same question.

• Hi, I'm trying to get some great presets from the .vst version of Synth1 into the IOS version.

Any ideas?

• edited November 2021

@MikeFloutier said:
    Hi, I'm trying to get some great presets from the .vst version of Synth1 into the IOS version.

Any ideas?

I don't believe there is an iOS version of the Synth 1 vst. Are you confusing Synth 1 with the iOS Audiokit Synth One Synthesizer? They're (sort of) similar, but not actually related. Or do you actually have a port of Synth 1 on iOS? If I'm right, I suspect all you can do is manually copy the settings from one screen to the other. Now, Synth One presets are in json text format, so if you can read a Synth 1 preset file, you might be able to program a converter. That might get close.

Edit: If Synth 1 has an "Export" or "Send by email" option for presets, that might produce a readable format.